What Offends You??

Co-workers who ask for a ride all the time :smh:

People that call and ask me to do anything at the last minute :smh:

People who call me "GUY" when they really know my name...

Good morning Guy... Whats for lunch GUY. Hey GUY, can you help me with this.....

Adults who prefer to be reffered to by their nickname. If I know your Government, I'm calling you that. This was especially rampant with dudes I hoop with, most of whom are slightly younger than me so maybe it was OK when they were teens, but even still I always called them their real name. What I look like calling some other man Thrill, Thirst, Mook Mook, Man Man, and all that nonsense.

Eff it, Im going there.

How interracial couple on TV are always white man/black women. Its hardly ever the other way around.

Escapism..see scandal.

black man / white woman relationships kills them internally

shout outs to Jessica Jones though

This.

A thread already highlighted da preferred choices of race thru a graph chart..black women come out with serious disadvantages...

I work in a luxury car dealership as a finance manager and I also do alot of sales managers duties as well.  I am filipino and im 31 but look younger so when I am introduced as a manager by my sales people some customers look at me in a way that I can really only explain it as racism.  I get it from mostly white people but black people do the same.  Then when I make these customers realize how smart I am then they begin to open up.  This offends me alot because ive been in sales for 15 years and in my 30s I still see it. 

They probably looking at you like that because they know youre about to try to sell them a BS service contract or some **** :lol:

You know wen u argue wit ya girl and u say sum slick **** and shes like "WHAT?!!????"

Eem tho she knows exactly wat u said and heard it crystal clear.

the look that accompanies the "WHAT?!!???"

Eff it, Im going there.

How interracial couple on TV are always white man/black women. Its hardly ever the other way around.
I really don't see that.

Hell the most famous situation in the last few years was the opposite. But I understand perspective, you might not see it that way.

View media item 1975679
View media item 1975680
View media item 1975681
http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/12/23/22-tv-shows-promoting-interracial-relationships/

Most of the couple listed on this site is white man/woman of color.

They know what they're doing. Women are highly susceptible to the power of suggestion.

If you have a black man/white woman,you open up a can of worms that black women may not be good enough or the black man is "moving up" or "they taking our good men away".

-People who sneeze obnoxiously loud. Like I understand sneezing, but there's no reason why I can hear you all the way from the other side of the office. Work on that stuff

-people who don't tell their kids to stop talking in movies( ignoring them basically). I saw Star Wars and this lady brought 2 boys who literally talked the entire time saying random dumb stuff super loud. We all just stared at her but she paid it no mind. I told the manager and he comes in and they are quiet like angels. As soon as he leaves they start talking loud again, and I mean loud enough that it's hard to hear the movie. Parent your kids people

I work in a luxury car dealership as a finance manager and I also do alot of sales managers duties as well.  I am filipino and im 31 but look younger so when I am introduced as a manager by my sales people some customers look at me in a way that I can really only explain it as racism.  I get it from mostly white people but black people do the same.  Then when I make these customers realize how smart I am then they begin to open up.  This offends me alot because ive been in sales for 15 years and in my 30s I still see it. 

They probably looking at you like that because they know youre about to try to sell them a BS service contract or some **** :lol:

Perhaps the customer is just tired of the run around that your sales rep and finance rep do to your clients - and you get the brunt of the frustration. I still remember just wanting to buy a car and having an agreed final price, then the freaking "finance" rep manipulates everything. Just print the contract with the agreed figure. Easy money. Unfortunately, I have encountered this nonsense several times.

If that nonesense is done my account execs, especially when 6 or 7 figure contracts are on the line, best believe that I will terminate them and make sure they do not get a corporate sales job in my industry group.

Perhaps the customer is just tired of the run around that your sales rep and finance rep do to your clients - and you get the brunt of the frustration. I still remember just wanting to buy a car and having an agreed final price, then the freaking "finance" rep manipulates everything. Just print the contract with the agreed figure. Easy money. Unfortunately, I have encountered this nonsense several times.

If that nonesense is done my account execs, especially when 6 or 7 figure contracts are on the line, best believe that I will terminate them and make sure they do not get a corporate sales job in my industry group.
You're assuming that I was talking about all customers that are in the buying process.  Even when customers are confused about financing or leasing and they see a young guy thats not white or older, they seem to have a look that my words arent credible.  I hate pulling the race card but its the reality I live in. 

I get it, alot of dealership processes make it uncomfortable but I make it real clear to my customers that they can pay what was agreed but showing them their options is what I do and it if makes sense to them then I sell something.  High pressure isnt my thing and because it isnt I do well. 

I find it hilarious how people get so mad when dealerships try to make money.  Every retail business tries to make money thats the point.  In reality the real money is coming from the service department.

When people think things that aren't in line with the white standard are considered weird.

Bringing dumplings to school when I was a kid and people looking at me like I'm funny. Just cause I grew up learning to use chopsticks doesn't make it weird. The norm doesn't have to be white

What really offends me is when white people don't think racism exists, especially institutionalized racism. No, you'll never ever know what it feels like to be a minority. Ever. I don't care where you're from, what you do, how smart you are. You can be the most open minded, generous loving person in the world but you will never fully understand. Ever.

Last edited:
When people think things that aren't in line with the white standard are considered weird.

Bringing dumplings to school when I was a kid and people looking at me like I'm funny. Just cause I grew up learning to use chopsticks doesn't make it weird. The norm doesn't have to be white

What really offends me is when white people don't think racism exists, especially institutionalized racism. No, you'll never ever know what it feels like to be a minority. Ever. I don't care where you're from, what you do, how smart you are. You can be the most open minded, generous loving person in the world but you will never fully understand. Ever.

All of this is true, it is ridiculous that people can't see out of their privledge bubble. I grew up in a predominantly white community, the amount of people claiming that white privledge didn't exist, and that white people were more discriminated against than minoroties at this point was appalling.

When people assume you're black so you MUST be hip to ratchet stuff

When customers find out you speak spanish so they try to use the fact they're hispanic to get 'perks' from you

If you live in the DMV this is 100% relateable to you

The consumption and individualism mentality that is ruining America (and likely the world) from the inside out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom