What shoes just didn't work for you?

Everyone has different taste, but what if you love a shoe and it doesn't work for you...?

I love the Flight 89...I was a sophmore in HS when they came out. I bought a size 12 and they didn't fit right. The shoe pinched at the toebox. Backthen they didn't make a 12.5, so a 13 was out of the question. Fast forward to retro and they STILL pinch, even the 12.5.

nike-flight-89-page.jpg

Anyone have that problem with a style of shoe...?

the Nike Jet Flight didn't work for me.

i bought a DS pair on eBay in black and blue. wore them a couple of times, but the velcro strap pinched something in the top of my foot.

now they sit in the closet.

i have wierd feet so i could never find a good fit in ZK2's or ZL5's
frown.gif

Zoom Kobe III when I bought true to size, but I adjusted accordingly and doubled up on socks...still a bummer though

Zoom Kobe 2. Both versions. The strengths and the sheaths just tore up my toes. Thought it would just get better the more I played but after 1 year I gave upon them.

The Zoom Flight 2K3's and Ultraflights...2K3's cut at my ankles badly and the Ultraflights were too much of a @$%#@ to put on.

The Air Max Uptempo 3...the soles used some wierd circular traction pattern instead of herringbone, and the shoes just slid all over the place.

big toes got torn up with the vc3s, and rolled my ankle in ultraflights but i still love them.

Zoom BB. I could lace them up all the way to the top hole, and they still feel unstable, like the outsole isn't wide enough for my foot.

I went through hell before the XX3's finally felt right. At first it felt like I was wearing high heels, and I was getting blisters on top of my foot.They're pretty good now that they're worn in.

The Lebron II's never worked for me. They always felt like a tank on my foot and the traction was so-so. Not to mention how much they pinched.

Jordan IV's pinch a lot

Melo V.5 lows kept falling off me the material on the inside of the shoe was to slippy and i had to always lace them real tight to the point of beinguncomfortable when playing ball in them.

Originally Posted by Mw2889

I went through hell before the XX3's finally felt right. At first it felt like I was wearing high heels, and I was getting blisters on top of my foot. They're pretty good now that they're worn in.

The Lebron II's never worked for me. They always felt like a tank on my foot and the traction was so-so. Not to mention how much they pinched.

Jordan IV's pinch a lot
That's the thing...although the 89 were no good the IV were perfect. Just one of those things in design...at least in my case.
ohwell.gif

Nike Airforce Operate, played about an hour of basketball and when I took them off my big toe was bleeding. and no they werent too small, exactly my size(11)just no cushioning in the toe
frown.gif

THe other shoe that was no good was the XIV...beautiful shoe! I put them on and could not keep the tongue up. I tried lacing a thousand different ways and Iwould still have chafing on the front of my ankle.

Lebron IVs
frown.gif
. There was no cushioning at all on the ankle, and I have a bone sticking out of my right foot near my ankle, so it just kept rubbing against it.I still dont understand why they didnt cushion that area, the shoe was heavy anyways, why not?

dont know why but there is something wrong with hyperdunks especially the front part of the sole maybe it is because of the lunar foam they give you thefeeling of there is something left to be done with the sole lack of support (compare to huarache 2k4s)

Air Signature Player. I had the blk colorway. Paul Pierce is one of my favorite players, and he wore them, so I copped, and my God, those shoes shredded thearches of my feet.

lebron4_wht_nvy_gold_5.jpg

I remain AMAZED at how insanely popular they are.
laugh.gif
They are BRICKS, butpeople LOVE them. I like the way they look, and that colorway is the colorway I have, but man... I really do hate wearing them.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom