What to do about car thieves in the neighborhood?

Alright NT so over the last 9 months or so there have been a wild crazy number of cars broken into in my neighborhood. Last Saturday one of our neighbors caught a few red handed but only managed to get one. I guess he has been onto them the last few months and knows who a few of them are and I guess a few of them actually live in my neighborhood. Now this is an average suburban neighborhood, good families, lots of kids. But a few dead beats have recently moved in. One of the kids that is somewhat the ring leader, his parents are junkies. The other few are, to put it plainly, pretty trashy.

Now my car has yet to be hit, but my brothers and neighbors have all been hit multiple times. What would you do in this situation? A few of the neighbors have been on a stakeout to catch these kids, who are all over 18. But would you be out there if you were warned by the police a few of them are known to carry? My neighbor has been trying to get me out there, and I do want to catch them, but at the same time I'm not trying to catch a case.

Cliffs:
Group of youngsters breaking into cars, been told a few of them are packing
Neighbor trying to get a group of people together to catch them all
What would you do?

Damn that sucks. Honestly I'd keep my *** in doors, bruh I'm not getting shot.

don't keep anything of value in your car and let the other people catch a stray one bruh 
laugh.gif

don't keep anything of value in your car and let the other people catch a stray one bruh 
laugh.gif

So what are they doing to the cars exactly? Stealing the entire car itself? Or just stuff inside? Just don't keep anything valuable inside the car and try to park in a garage if you have one

Don't get involved if they haven't mess with your car..

My thoughts exactly, but as soon as one of them tries and mess with my car, I am going to go out there with a gauge.

why aint the cops doing their job and staking out your hood?

I have no idea, the one that was caught last Saturday wasn't even booked :smh:

damn, kinda messed up they gonna tell you that these kids are known to pack but then they won't do nothing to stop them :smh:

So what are they doing to the cars exactly? Stealing the entire car itself? Or just stuff inside? Just don't keep anything valuable inside the car and try to park in a garage if you have one
op seems to indicate these lil hood rats are breaking into cars to steal stuff for junk.  just don't keep anything in there that could be sold and they'll move on.  

Both stealing full cars and stuff inside, broke into a neighbors house the other week. Oregon law states you can't shoot someone unless they are in your house. So I guess I am just going to sit and wait. Would love to go out and lay a beating on one of them though if I caught them outside.

laugh.gif

doesn't matter if he has anything valuable inside the car or not, the thieves may not know that. they will still break in if they want to.

i would be extremely upset if someone broke into my car whether or not they took anything

You guys should call that show where they have the fake cars that the cops put out to get stolen haha

Have any of your neighbors set up surveillance cameras near their driveways ever since they've got hit? If I were you, I would do so in case the thieves strike again.

Your neighbors should also need to get a task force of police officers to investigate this problem. They can analyze what times at night the thefts are likely to occur the most, if any stolen property has been recovered, etc.

Have any of your neighbors set up surveillance cameras near their driveways ever since they've got hit? If I were you, I would do so in case the thieves strike again.

Your neighbors should also need to get a task force of police officers to investigate this problem. They can analyze what times at night the thefts are likely to occur the most, if any stolen property has been recovered, etc.

BAIT CAR! that's the name of the show.

from what I've read

"Entrapment would be the law enforcement agent telling the person to commit the crime. Bait Car simply puts a car out and waits for someone to take it. the only difference between their car and a normal persons car is that they are watching it, and they can shut it off."

Get a scary Halloween mask and when they try to get in your car jump out of the shadows and spook 'em real bad.

Posted outside my house right now with a few people. Found exactly how they are working it. Send a couple girls scouting the neighborhood then they show up.

Posted outside my house right now with a few people. Found exactly how they are working it. Send a couple girls scouting the neighborhood then they show up.
That's how they do it. That's why I'm always suspicious of girls driving vans late at night

Back
Top Bottom