What to do when scammed with a pair of fakes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wassup Niketalk! I recently traded a my 00' Concord 11s for a pair of 94' 1's locally through craiglist. The guy I was trading with was someone who I had bought shoes from in the past and was happy with doing buisness. I was ecstatic at first to get my hands on the 94' 1s and even rocked them a few times to school. But upon further examination, I realized some things just seemed a bit off. I did some further research on them and realized my pair was a fake
embarassed.gif
. I had gotten lazy, and not even bothered to look at them during the trade to determine if they were real. They are quite a good looking pair of fakes, but fakes are fakes my people. Now my question to you Niketalk is what to do with them? Before I realized they were fake, I was getting offers from the local sneaker community hear in Dallas for them, but never went through with them because I loved my pair. But now I have realized they are fake, I want to follow through with those offers. However, I cant find it within me to sell/trade fake shoes. What would you do fellow Niketalkers? Pics below of them.

Take that L and keep it moving

There's nothing you really can do unless the guy is cool and trades you back

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Take that L and keep it moving

There's nothing you really can do unless the guy is cool and trades you back

Yea I wish he would trade back. He continues to claim they are real, when obviously they arent. Btw that Goblin album is straight beatiful
pimp.gif

I don't understand why people let people that scam them off so easily. "He continues to claim they are real", $+%+ that. Don't let dude %!@! on you bro. Get your stuff back by any means necessary, seriously.
laugh.gif
@ "take the L", no wonder so many NT'ers get scammed and punked for their stuff.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

I don't understand why people let people that scam them off so easily. "He continues to claim they are real", $+%+ that. Don't let dude %!@! on you bro. Get your stuff back by any means necessary, seriously.
laugh.gif
@ "take the L", no wonder so many NT'ers get scammed and punked for their stuff.

I've tried my dude, but unless you know where the guy lives or his name its almost impossible to locate him again. Only info I have on the guy is his phone number, which is now not active anymore.

My bad. I forgot everyone on NT was about that life.

What is he really going to do? More than likely he doesn't have the guys address and even if he did, then what?

Is he going to go over there, beat the guy up, walk in his house and take the shoes?

The chances of him actually getting his shoes back are slim to none.

If he would have taken 10 seconds to google the shoe prior, he could have taken one look at that tongue and realized they were fake.

I guarantee if yall were in his shoes, you would be on NT making the same thread with no Concords to show for it.

^ That's EXACTLY what he should do. I almost got scammed for pair of kobe's over on the other site. I sent the money as a gift (yea, I know. That was the last time I did that) and dude kept giving me the run around (fake tracking numbers and all that stuff). Finally, after a week, I got tired of the bs and checked his feedback and got in contact with the people he had done trades with. Got his addy. Asked my boys what they thought about hitting NY for spring break, they were down, so we bought tickets. I emailed him pics of the tickets (but not the date) and his address. I got my money back the very NEXT day.

If you work hard for your money, then you shouldn't let ANYONE play you for it. He should precisely go to the guys house and get his @*#+ back. NT'ers stay with the punk mentality
30t6p3b.gif
Edit: NY tickets were later exchanged for tickets to south beach. Best time of my LIFE. 
pimp.gif

Idk how you'd locate him but if you didn't assume that he was 100% legit, then you wouldn't be in this situation. When it comes to buying/selling, personally I don't trust anybody fully.

take the L. but yea, i made the mistake to selling some fakes that i got ripped of to some friends. I got ripped of a couple times and did deals with people but it all turned to me and they when ham on me. but yea just take the lost. if i knew better back them i would have tooken the L and kept my friends.

It's not even about getting punked

It's about being smart

99.7% of sneaker collectors are not street dudes, so more than likely the guy will call the police if you come assault him and break into his house.

If you have nothing going for you in life then by all means go play Omar from the wire and get your stuff back.

I tell you one thing you can do that would benefit the NT community is to take some detailed pics of them.

These particular Is come up all the time in the legit check section, however there are very few good images available online -Google only has one decent image.
Take pics of the production tag, tongue tag etc. (let me guess they say 1985/2003?)

Then post them in this thread, and hopefully help future NTers from getting scammed

[url=http://niketalk.com/topic/136875/Legit-Fake-Guide-Dont-post-here]http://niketalk.yuku.com/...ake-Guide-Dont-post-here[/url]

Other than this, If you can't get the guy to refund you, then take up those offers or give them to a charity shop.

you win some, you lose some. take the L bro.

and if they are well made, use them as sexy beaters. what ever you do, don't scam someone else.

^ That's EXACTLY what he should do. I almost got scammed for pair of kobe's over on the other site. I sent the money as a gift (yea, I know. That was the last time I did that) and dude kept giving me the run around (fake tracking numbers and all that stuff). Finally, after a week, I got tired of the bs and checked his feedback and got in contact with the people he had done trades with. Got his addy. Asked my boys what they thought about hitting NY for spring break, they were down, so we bought tickets. I emailed him pics of the tickets (but not the date) and his address. I got my money back the very NEXT day.

If you work hard for your money, then you shouldn't let ANYONE play you for it. He should precisely go to the guys house and get his @*#+ back. NT'ers stay with the punk mentality
30t6p3b.gif
this and
laugh.gif
 about the tickets

Edit: NY tickets were later exchanged for tickets to south beach. Best time of my LIFE. 
pimp.gif

reading this i think you got caught up in the moment of doing this trade. you should of at least checked out the tag inside of the shoe of those 1's before agreeing. i understand about being scammed when your doing online sales and trades but you had the opportunity to examine everything before pulling off the trade. i do feel sorry for you but you had your chance to avoid this fiasco. donate to goodwill or salvation army and get a tax write-off.

Much thanks Niketalk! Like dtb said im not gonna track the guy down and snuff him. Thats childish. Im still in Highscool too, so i know childish! It was my fault for not looking them up prior to the trade, so honestly the blame is on me. What good will finding the dude and beating the snot out of him do? Lesson learned. But anyways back to the subject I was REALLY trying to get an opinion on. I will definetly NOT resell the 1s. I figure its not right to put someone through the same pain I went through when I realized they were fake. I'll keep them as a reminder, to always be aware to do your research prior to a trade or buy. Once again thanks for the input! Much Love Niketalk!

^ No one said beat the snot out of anyone. Just showing up will send the message. You're taking getting played for a pair of '00 Concords pretty easy, your a better man than I
smokin.gif
(or maybe not
laugh.gif
).

^ No one said beat the snot out of anyone. Just showing up will send the message. You're taking getting played for a pair of '00 Concords pretty easy, your a better man than I
smokin.gif
(or maybe not
laugh.gif
).

Kinda hard to show up when you dont have the dude's name, adress, or number anymore my dude. I will miss those Concords though. I guess now I can look forward to the Decemeber release. Optimism my people, we need more of it!

laugh.gif
at having to be a street dude to not get punked.

I was referring to the guy who sold him the fakes. The average human calls the cops when you break into their house and fight them over sneakers. They don't resort to street justice lol.

Kudos to you for being bout dat life though 
pimp.gif

Batman vigilante swag and all of that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom