What to do when scammed with a pair of fakes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its OK to take the L, just dont make the same mistake twice......The dude that got ya will get his eventually cause Karma is a mutha...lol

"But now I have realized they are fake, I want to follow through with those offers. However, I cant find it within me to sell/trade fake shoes. What would you do fellow Niketalkers? Pics below of them."

Do the honorable thing and don't pass your problem onto another unsuspecting shoe buyer

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Take that L and keep it moving

There's nothing you really can do unless the guy is cool and trades you back
This. Your Bout To Do The Same Thing He Did To You If You Sell Them Off...

Keep an eye out for similar postings on Craigslist that contain his sig...description and pic might reveal it's the same guy that traded you. Meet up with the dude.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

^ That's EXACTLY what he should do. I almost got scammed for pair of kobe's over on the other site. I sent the money as a gift (yea, I know. That was the last time I did that) and dude kept giving me the run around (fake tracking numbers and all that stuff). Finally, after a week, I got tired of the bs and checked his feedback and got in contact with the people he had done trades with. Got his addy. Asked my boys what they thought about hitting NY for spring break, they were down, so we bought tickets. I emailed him pics of the tickets (but not the date) and his address. I got my money back the very NEXT day.

If you work hard for your money, then you shouldn't let ANYONE play you for it. He should precisely go to the guys house and get his @*#+ back. NT'ers stay with the punk mentality
30t6p3b.gif
Edit: NY tickets were later exchanged for tickets to south beach. Best time of my LIFE. 
pimp.gif

Just curious what you would've done if this man didn't give two $+%*% about your plane tickets and you and your boys had you arrived at his home only to find a loaded AR15 pointed at you and your boys? All the hard earned money in the world won't bring you back to life for a pair of kobes

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

I tell you one thing you can do that would benefit the NT community is to take some detailed pics of them.

These particular Is come up all the time in the legit check section, however there are very few good images available online -Google only has one decent image.
Take pics of the production tag, tongue tag etc. (let me guess they say 1985/2003?)

Then post them in this thread, and hopefully help future NTers from getting scammed

http://niketalk.com/topic/136875/Legit-Fake-Guide-Dont-post-herehttp://niketalk.yuku.com/...ake-Guide-Dont-post-here

Other than this, If you can't get the guy to refund you, then take up those offers or give them to a charity shop.
Off the top of my head (and looking at my own pair), I can tell you a few things to look out for
-Swoosh on the fakes are too fat

-Wings logo should be in the center of the ankle collar. On the fakes, the logo is too far back and not indented into the leather

-Nike Air tag should go OVER the top of the tounge, not cut off

-Size should be stamped on the inside collar

-White toebox should be stubby, not wide

-Holes on toebox should be deep and relatively wide

-The stitching on the white area on the side of the shoe that cuts through the black swoosh shoe should be STRAIGHT not slightly curved

Originally Posted by JIM SHADY2003

^ That's EXACTLY what he should do. I almost got scammed for pair of kobe's over on the other site. I sent the money as a gift (yea, I know. That was the last time I did that) and dude kept giving me the run around (fake tracking numbers and all that stuff). Finally, after a week, I got tired of the bs and checked his feedback and got in contact with the people he had done trades with. Got his addy. Asked my boys what they thought about hitting NY for spring break, they were down, so we bought tickets. I emailed him pics of the tickets (but not the date) and his address. I got my money back the very NEXT day.

If you work hard for your money, then you shouldn't let ANYONE play you for it. He should precisely go to the guys house and get his @*#+ back. NT'ers stay with the punk mentality
30t6p3b.gif
Edit: NY tickets were later exchanged for tickets to south beach. Best time of my LIFE. 
pimp.gif

Just curious what you would've done if this man didn't give two $+%*% about your plane tickets and you and your boys had you arrived at his home only to find a loaded AR15 pointed at you and your boys? All the hard earned money in the world won't bring you back to life for a pair of kobes

laugh.gif

Chances are that if your online trying to scam someone over a pair of shoes, your NOT carrying an AR15 on you. This isn't the dope game. A lot of you guys watch too many movies.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Chances are that if your online trying to scam someone over a pair of shoes, your NOT carrying an AR15 on you. This isn't the dope game. A lot of you guys watch too many movies.
laugh.gif

And two normal highschool kids cant go in massacre 13 of their peers IN school right? (Columbine) You never know who you are dealing with. The world is a scary place. NEVER underestimate anybod's capabilities.

No way in hell you should take an L if you got his address. I'd be at this front door getting my %@$# back. TRUST ME.

Originally Posted by Mzee24

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

And two normal highschool kids cant go in massacre 13 of their peers IN school right? (Columbine) You never know who you are dealing with. The world is a scary place. NEVER underestimate anybod's capabilities.

Those guys were depressed and one of them was on prescription Luvox. One of the MANY side effects are "abnormal thoughts and behavior". Neither of them were "normal" brah.

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Well said!
smokin.gif

Point is you never know what kind of person your dealing with. I'm not sure about NY but in florida there's absolutely more people with fire arms then not and caution should be used before showing up at someones place.........to op I'd say donate the shoes and if you don't want to go that rout then I'd tear them up on the basketball court just be sure to have a back up pair close by for when the bottoms fall off
laugh.gif

Take it on the chin my man....might be the first but it wont be the last when you get a beat pair when dealing with the streets

Why even ask the question? You got had, you don't do others like that. It's not even up for debate. Is anyone on here going to suggest you rip people like us (and yourself) off in the same way was done to you. If you get fakes and have no remedy, you accept you were had, wear them as beaters, or give them to goodwill.

I usually dislike any fakes. But looking at the current AJ 1 retros and the fake 94 AJ 1, i would say just wear them.

smh @ those of you saying how you would show up at a scammers house or something similar.

first off, it's the OPs fault he got scammed.

second, what happens if you show up and scammer denies giving you fakes or accuses you of trying a reverse scam? you gonna pick a fight and potentially get arrested OR beat up OR killed...over some shoes? and you were to lazy to legit check them, but now you're g'd up enough to go to someone's house. yall seen those "when keeping it real goes wrong" skits right...

use official channels like paypal and purchasing only from people with a history and feedback on forums/ebay/cl etc and you can reduce your risk...or at least have a means of getting a refund or putting pressure on the seller through the channels. imo, op doesn't have much of an option other than to suck it up and take the L. win some, lose some. keep it thorough and you can avoid getting scammed.

30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif
respect

30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

After reading dannyboy's response, this is NOT the thing to do, OP. for one, if you go to someone's house looking for trouble, you can either get seriously hurt or arrested for Trespassing. Second of all, there is no guarantee the guy you made the trade with even has your shoes. Even if he does, what makes you think he's going to give them to you? If you tote a gun in his face, that can be Attempted Murder or Attempted Assault with a Deadly Weapon. Go over there with a bat or anything on that nature is still Attempted Assault with a Weapon. 
OP, it's your own fault you got scammed due to the fact that you didn't do a legit check before you went to go see the shoes face to face. And the fact that you walked away with them and wore them a few times null and voids your plea. You live and learn bro, just chaulk up the L. The Concords come out in a month, so don't sweat it. Dannyboy, you got very lucky with your approach. If you came across a hood dude that scammed you, they wouldnt give two whats about the pic of the plane ticket. Some scammers don't even use their correct address, so what would you have done if the house you went to was a innocent person's home? Just remember for every dude wanting to play Scarface and Manolo are dudes that really are Kane and O-Dog.

Originally Posted by ConnorG

30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif
respect
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dtb00201

laugh.gif
at having to be a street dude to not get punked.

I was referring to the guy who sold him the fakes. The average human calls the cops when you break into their house and fight them over sneakers. They don't resort to street justice lol.

Kudos to you for being bout dat life though 
pimp.gif

Batman vigilante swag and all of that
It's called standing up for yourself and getting your stuff back/ not letting another motherfkr get over on you.  lol being bout dat life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom