What to do when scammed with a pair of fakes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was sarcasm

Anyone who buys plane tickets with the actual intent of going to some random scammers house who they know nothing about, has a few screws loose.

Seriously, what is your plan when you get there? The guy has your name and address as well. If you think you're just going to beat someone's +@# and break into their house with no repercussions, you're wrong.

Your possible outcomes are:

1. The guy gets scared when you show up and gives you the shoes, but you still just spent the price of the shoes+ on plane tickets.
2. You beat him up, get your shoes and go home, but the guy calls the cops and has your name and address so you go to jail plus spent money on plane tickets.
3. You get there and the guy injured/shoots you and your boys. Now you have no shoes, spent money on tickets, and you're hurt.

Any possible scenario takes an L unless you happen to have some free plane tickets and the guy just hands you your shoes.

Sneakers are serious business.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

That was sarcasm

Anyone who buys plane tickets with the actual intent of going to some random scammers house who they know nothing about, has a few screws loose.

Seriously, what is your plan when you get there? The guy has your name and address as well. If you think you're just going to beat someone's +@# and break into their house with no repercussions, you're wrong.

Your possible outcomes are:

1. The guy gets scared when you show up and gives you the shoes, but you still just spent the price of the shoes+ on plane tickets.
2. You beat him up, get your shoes and go home, but the guy calls the cops and has your name and address so you go to jail plus spent money on plane tickets.
3. You get there and the guy injured/shoots you and your boys. Now you have no shoes, spent money on tickets, and you're hurt.

Any possible scenario takes an L unless you happen to have some free plane tickets and the guy just hands you your shoes.

Sneakers are serious business.

We get it bro, your #@+#%. And I guess you missed the part where I stated the tickets would be purchased for spring break so I don't see where you get that plane tickets were a loss. And like I stated before, if someone is online trying to scam people for shoes, they're not about it. Continue living life with that weak mentality you have tho bro
smokin.gif

At the end of the day people just need to be smarter when doing business.

If you are doing a local meet up, have pics of the authentic shoes on hand and meet people somewhere public where people are around.

If you are buying online, get tagged pics with the current date, stop being cheap and sending the money as gift, videotape yourself opening the package when you get it, and if possible have a credit card attached to your paypal account because they refund money.

If you are selling, stop lying about the condition of your shoes and take detailed pics, always get a tracking number and I even take a pic of the receipt and post it in the agreement thread, and videotape yourself at the post office putting the shoes in the box and shipping them out.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

At the end of the day people just need to be smarter when doing business.

If you are doing a local meet up, have pics of the authentic shoes on hand and meet people somewhere public where people are around.

If you are buying online, get tagged pics with the current date, stop being cheap and sending the money as gift, videotape yourself opening the package when you get it, and if possible have a credit card attached to your paypal account because they refund money.

If you are selling, stop lying about the condition of your shoes and take detailed pics, always get a tracking number and I even take a pic of the receipt and post it in the agreement thread, and videotape yourself at the post office putting the shoes in the box and shipping them out.
+1

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

And like I stated before, if someone is online trying to scam people for shoes, they're not about it. Continue living life with that weak mentality you have tho bro
smokin.gif

wrong.  lots of "bout it" cats online scamming too.  i've sold a few pairs of shoes online but i'm always legit and straightforward and fortunately haven't had any problems.  as an occasional seller, i hope i never run into an issue that can't be resolved over email or the phone and the disgruntled buyer shows up at my house.  the safety of my family and myself is priority number 1, and i can guarantee it will result in the buyer leaving with the understanding to never return to my property.  whether they walk away or get carried away depends on how they act, but i don't play that showing up at my house trying to settle a score type stuff.  i'm sure most people (bout that life or not) have the same feeling.

that's why as a buyer of anything the responsibility lies with you to make sure you're satisfied with the product at the time of purchase and (if possible) make sure you have a legitimate option of getting a refund if it doesn't happen...without showing up at someone's house.

^ That's EXACTLY what he should do. I almost got scammed for pair of kobe's over on the other site. I sent the money as a gift (yea, I know. That was the last time I did that) and dude kept giving me the run around (fake tracking numbers and all that stuff). Finally, after a week, I got tired of the bs and checked his feedback and got in contact with the people he had done trades with. Got his addy. Asked my boys what they thought about hitting NY for spring break, they were down, so we bought tickets. I emailed him pics of the tickets (but not the date) and his address. I got my money back the very NEXT day.

If you work hard for your money, then you shouldn't let ANYONE play you for it. He should precisely go to the guys house and get his @*#+ back. NT'ers stay with the punk mentality
30t6p3b.gif
Edit: NY tickets were later exchanged for tickets to south beach. Best time of my LIFE. 
pimp.gif

roll.gif
I would have told you to come on over. Since you got on a plane you weren't holding anything.

What were you going to do, knock on the door and attack the first person who answers? Stake out the house and hope that his boys or even a dog weren't there. You didn't even know what he looked like
30t6p3b.gif

And a AR-15? A .22 can kill you. There's more guns than people in this country.

Kid killed over a pair of sneakers. Your life is worth $200? You should have kept this story to yourself Rambo. It wasn't anything to brag about
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

^ That's EXACTLY what he should do. I almost got scammed for pair of kobe's over on the other site. I sent the money as a gift (yea, I know. That was the last time I did that) and dude kept giving me the run around (fake tracking numbers and all that stuff). Finally, after a week, I got tired of the bs and checked his feedback and got in contact with the people he had done trades with. Got his addy. Asked my boys what they thought about hitting NY for spring break, they were down, so we bought tickets. I emailed him pics of the tickets (but not the date) and his address. I got my money back the very NEXT day.

If you work hard for your money, then you shouldn't let ANYONE play you for it. He should precisely go to the guys house and get his @*#+ back. NT'ers stay with the punk mentality
30t6p3b.gif
Edit: NY tickets were later exchanged for tickets to south beach. Best time of my LIFE. 
pimp.gif

roll.gif
I would have told you to come on over. Since you got on a plane you weren't holding anything.

What were you going to do, knock on the door and attack the first person who answers? Stake out the house and hope that his boys or even a dog weren't there. You didn't even know what he looked like
30t6p3b.gif

And a AR-15? A .22 can kill you. There's more guns than people in this country.

Kid killed over a pair of sneakers. Your life is worth $200? You should have kept this story to yourself Rambo. It wasn't anything to brag about
laugh.gif
zyc5dk.jpg

Bro, lately Ebay has been allowing sellers with fakes to post auctions because they are so money hungry for the fees.
About a year ago I purchased a pair of Jordan 13's which are well known for fakes. Well this seller had (5) DS pairs listed
and had already sold (4) of the (5) pairs and received positive feedback. The pictures he posted seemed very legit and I even had
him send a few more.

Well, I have to say these were the best fakes I had ever seen. They were almost perfect.
Unless you were very familiar with the 13's you would think they were legit.
Long story short the seller agreed to a refund if I returned them which I did. I also told him not to relist because they were fakes and I would
report him to the EBay patrol. Also, he didn't deny they were fakes, he just said he just didn't know they were.
About a week later I rec'd refund.

About two weeks later I noticed this same guy selling the same Jordan 13's again on Ebay but this time he stated they
were B grade in the auction. I said screw him and contacted Ebay and explained what happened to me and that he was peddling fakes.
Do you know what Ebay did? NOTHING, yes absolutely nothing and to this day he is still selling fakes on Ebay. The last time I looked 
he also removed the B grade note.

So, Ebay doesn't care.    

Originally Posted by NikeRider

Bro, lately Ebay has been allowing sellers with fakes to post auctions because they are so money hungry for the fees.
About a year ago I purchased a pair of Jordan 13's which are well known for fakes. Well this seller had (5) DS pairs listed
and had already sold (4) of the (5) pairs and received positive feedback. The pictures he posted seemed very legit and I even had
him send a few more.

Well, I have to say these were the best fakes I had ever seen. They were almost perfect.
Unless you were very familiar with the 13's you would think they were legit.
Long story short the seller agreed to a refund if I returned them which I did. I also told him not to relist because they were fakes and I would
report him to the EBay patrol. Also, he didn't deny they were fakes, he just said he just didn't know they were.
About a week later I rec'd refund.

About two weeks later I noticed this same guy selling the same Jordan 13's again on Ebay but this time he stated they
were B grade in the auction. I said screw him and contacted Ebay and explained what happened to me and that he was peddling fakes.
Do you know what Ebay did? NOTHING, yes absolutely nothing and to this day he is still selling fakes on Ebay. The last time I looked 
he also removed the B grade note.

So, Ebay doesn't care.    

GRIMEY.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

I tell you one thing you can do that would benefit the NT community is to take some detailed pics of them.

These particular Is come up all the time in the legit check section, however there are very few good images available online -Google only has one decent image.
Take pics of the production tag, tongue tag etc. (let me guess they say 1985/2003?)

Then post them in this thread, and hopefully help future NTers from getting scammed

http://niketalk.com/topic/136875/Legit-Fake-Guide-Dont-post-herehttp://niketalk.yuku.com/...ake-Guide-Dont-post-here

Other than this, If you can't get the guy to refund you, then take up those offers or give them to a charity shop.
co-sign. You might be the only one to ever post pics of fakes to help others not get scammed. Be the change.

I can't believe people really suggest "taking one on the chin" especially when the scammer is close. You guys are the type of dudes that I saw back in high school that would get punked and slapped up and get their Js jacked.

possible actions:

1. wear them to the ground
2. beat up your scammer
3. give them to homeless people
4. try to get rid of them on ebay

Honestly, please don't do suggestion 2 and 4 ok? ^^

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

Keep an eye out for similar postings on Craigslist that contain his sig...description and pic might reveal it's the same guy that traded you. Meet up with the dude.
This.

It's happened to me twice. Each time I had very bad pictures to base my decision on whether or not to purchase. Both times I knew they were fake the second I placed my eyes on them. I have always taken the loss and passed them on to a friend who could care less whether they are real or fake.

Originally Posted by jecca650

I can't believe people really suggest "taking one on the chin" especially when the scammer is close. You guys are the type of dudes that I saw back in high school that would get punked and slapped up and get their Js jacked.

the people e-thuggin are usually the ones that were bullied or picked on in school and now want to act all tough on the internet.  people that are really bout it wouldn't be on the internet asking what to do or talking about what they would do if they got scammed.  not a lil wayne fan but he's right when he said real g's move in silence. 

don't let e-thugs get you all amped up to do something and you show up to the scammers house only for them beat the brakes off your dumb $%* (or worse) for showing up at their spot trying to front because you didn't do a legit check.  if you're not thorough and you get scammed there's no one else to blame but yourself.  that's why people are saying chalk it up.

I got got for some blk 10's couple years back! I donated that fake pair to a local church! Took the L an kept it moving... But never again smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom