What was Championship Era Michael Jordan's Worst Game Ever?

So you think Lebron is the same physical specimen if he plays in the 1980s without the training and supplements available today?

Larry Bird led his team in all those things too while winning a championship

LMAO

could larry bird check lebron?

yes or no?

the difference between larry bird and lebron james are supplements and training? LMAOOOOOOO

larry bird himself would laugh at you.

this is a post about jordan's worse performances and you comparing john stockton and larry bird to lebron james?

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

man after this series i gain more respect for jordan...a old and frail duncan and slow motion zombie roy hibbert took lebron and his all star team to 7 games. imaging the heat versus any team back in jordan era that had an elite center, they would get annhilated. meanwhile jordan demolished most of those teams and held most of them to no championship rings.

Sigh

Go look up the numbers...
The same LeBron that is 1st team all defense, seemingly always near the top for DPOY, etc in a much more athletically gifted league than Bird ever played in?

The same LeBron that can go from effectively guarding Parker to Duncan or Kobe to Pau, etc? 

Mister Friendly - sometimes I think your hate for LeBron clouds your judgement. 

To say that Bird is undoubtedly a better defender than LeBron is beyond senile. 

There is no universe where Bird is a better rebounder or defender than LeBron...zero.

And people forget that LeBron is playing in a statistically slow-pace league. There was an article breaking down what LeBron's regular season stats would extrapolate to in a faster pace-era (i.e. Oscar Robertson's) and his averages would have been something like 40, 15, 15. 

LeBron's physical dominance, basketball skills, and IQ makes him a stud in any league - it's the physical dominance part that makes me think the farther back you go, the more dominant he'd be. He's essentially bigger than Karl Malone but doing euro-steps, chasedown blocks, rim level blocks/rebounds/dunks, etc. We've seen athletic players before but at his size, with his prolific career thus far, and his ability to lead teams of scrubs to the promised land is just a package that not even MJ, Kobe, Wilt, etc. can match. It's no knock against those guys, it's just that LeBron is that good/unique.

The same LeBron that is 1st team all defense, seemingly always near the top for DPOY, etc in a much more athletically gifted league than Bird ever played in?

The same LeBron that can go from effectively guarding Parker to Duncan or Kobe to Pau, etc? 

There is no universe where Bird is a better rebounder or defender than LeBron...zero.

And people forget that LeBron is playing in a statistically slow-pace league. There was an article breaking down what LeBron's regular season stats would extrapolate to in a faster pace-era (i.e. Oscar Robertson's) and his averages would have been something like 40, 15, 15. 

LeBron's physical dominance, basketball skills, and IQ makes him a stud in any league - it's the physical dominance part that makes me think the farther back you go, the more dominant he'd be. He's essentially bigger than Karl Malone but doing euro-steps, chasedown blocks, rim level blocks/rebounds/dunks, etc. We've seen athletic players before but at his size, with his prolific career thus far, and his ability to lead teams of scrubs to the promised land is just a package that not even MJ, Kobe, Wilt, etc. can match. It's no knock against those guys, it's just that LeBron is that good/unique.

More or less what it seems in this thread.

So you think Lebron is the same physical specimen if he plays in the 1980s without the training and supplements available today?

LMAO

yes or no?

the difference between larry bird and lebron james are supplements and training? LMAOOOOOOO

Yes he could check him

LMAO

yes or no?

Yes he could check him

larry was a smart defender. hell, boris diaw gave lebron fits, lol.
larry wouldve talked **** to lebron and splashed it right between his eyes
bang bang 3 hunna

Last edited:
bang bang 3 hunna

notice how you didn't mention any dribbling.

bang bang 3 hunna

notice how you didn't mention any dribbling.

what? u think lebrons defense is gonna eat larry's dribble? how does lebron want to get beat? off the dribble? chasing larry off screens? it doesnt matter. im not saying lebron is trash. dude is a top 5 sf to play the gm. larry would hold his own and more.

Sigh

Go look up the numbers...

Hows Bird not a better rebounder? When he averaged more rebounds in every season than Lebron's best average all while playing with other good rebounders like Parish and Mchale... Even when you account for pace, Bird's rebounding percentages are still higher.

All far as defense goes....look at the steal and block numbers....go look at the defensive win shares....I;m telling you you'll be very surprised

Dude I dont just say stuff to say it

I bet race plays into the concept of birds rebounding prowess(or alleged lackthereof) vs lebrons.

how does lebron want to get beat? off the dribble? .

larry bird had zero handles.

lebron has locked tony parker AND derrick rose....completely. complete clamps.

but larry bird will take him off the dribble?

:rofl:

tony with a bad hamstring, who couldnt beat mike miller or chris bosh off the dribble? okay
derrick rose was taking jumpers

larry was giving it cooper/scott. i got beta tapes if u want me to send it to you

Hows Bird not a better rebounder? When he averaged more rebounds in every season than Lebron's best average all while playing with other good rebounders like Parish and Mchale... Even when you account for pace, Bird's rebounding percentages are still higher.

All far as defense goes....look at the steal and block numbers....go look at the defensive win shares....I;m telling you you'll be very surprised

Dude I dont just say stuff to say it

i dont need to look at defensive win shares to clearly see that lebron would demolish bird

in any era.

you just said larry bird would check lebron james.

that maybe the goofiest thing anyone has ever said to me....

that's far fetched for even a lebron hater.

HES NOT EVEN CHECKING MAGIC JOHNSON IN COLLEGE.

HES BACKCOURT 60% OF THE TIME DEFENSIVELY IN THAT VIDEO. LOOK AT THE GOD MAGIC DROPPING STEVE NASH DIMES. WATCH LARRY BIRD NOT EVEN GIVE HELP DEFENSE! LMAOOOOOOOO

HES NOT EVEN GETTING BACK ON DEFENSE IN COLLEGE. LEBRON AINT EVEN PLAY COLLEGE. LMAOOOOOOOO

tony with a bad hamstring, who couldnt beat mike miller or chris bosh off the dribble? okay

larry was giving it cooper/scott. i got beta tapes if u want me to send it to you

derrick rose was taking jumpers because he was clamped.

parker's hamsring aint affect him against any other defender, just lebron.

id ask yall to name a single defender from the 80s who would clamp lebron but yall already said larry bird LMAOOOOOOO

derrick rose was taking jumpers because he was clamped.

parker's hamsring aint affect him against any other defender, just lebron.

id ask yall to name a single defender from the 80s who would clamp lebron but yall already said larry bird LMAOOOOOOO

dennis rodman

its the same reason you new guys think rondo isn't the best pure point in the NBA...he doesnt score 30 a game.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO just gets 20 assists 5 games in a row....you know, normal, pedestrian statistics.
I think most people believe Rondo is a product of the "system" we will see now that Doc is gon if he really as good as the stats show

dennis rodman

rodman was giving up an inch, infinite quickness, and at least 40 pounds.

dennis rodman couldn't even check pippen.

but he's clamping lebron?

by fouling him? repeatedly?

ok.

Bingo!

All the people I told to go look up Larry Bird, have either shut up or refused to look up the stats

or are laughing at this 1979 NCAA finals game where he's backcourt 60% of the time while magic is looking like steve nash.

If nobody can "clamp" Lebron why was he looking like a role player in the 2011 Finals?

Bingo!

All the people I told to go look up Larry Bird, have either shut up or refused to look up the stats

or are laughing at this 1979 NCAA finals game where he's backcourt 60% of the time while magic is looking like steve nash.

Dude I don't know what you are seeing in that youtube clip

You're seeing stuff, I wouldn't be surprised considering where your location is.

Back
Top Bottom