What was your starting salary like STRAIGHT OUT OF COLLEGE?

$45k. It was for TFA, though, which I didn't mind considering I had other income.

Graduated from Northwestern in Econ.  '06.

I'm an investment banking analyst now at a bulge bracket.

still got another 2-3 years before I graduate from the University of Toronto...
statistics/economics is what im studying, hopefully i can land something 50K+

I didn't even have a salary when I graduated.

That's the sacrifice I made, trying to land that dream job in sports.

It was cool though.  Got to experience a lot of things, being behind the scenes and all that jazz.

Just landed a gig that @ 45 K, but it's going to take care of grad school for me which is cool.  It will mean that I will go through school (Undergrad+Grad) without taking out a single loan.  The cost of my Masters degree is about $80K so divide that into the $45k I'm making.  Plus there's more opportunity for growth, and the benefits are
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Originally Posted by ballinamillion1

Originally Posted by TD The God

40K, U of New Hampshire, Mech Engineering - 2004, Worked for a Engineering Consulting firm as a
Purchaser
damn arent engineers supposed to be one of the highest if not the highest out of undergrad ? I'm glad I'm doing CE Ive been hearing ME is hurtin especially with all the auto field  problems at least.

Engineers generally are highest starting right out of college but it depends on degree, and who u work for. CEs are genereally the lowest paid engineers. Top engineers are ee (like myself) and chem engr( which can be close to 90k). Even with an ee degree, if you work for a small company, expect small pay especially in this economy...

Btw I'm still in college for ee. Got 1 yr left.

I thought Petroleum Engineers made more, on average, their first year than any other Engineers?

Starting salary: $40,000
Degree: Graduated UCDavis with a B.A. in U.S. History
Title: Market Operator
note: my job has nothing to do with History

will graduate from UC in a couple years with a degree in Business Management. Greater Cincinnati area starting salary is around 65,000 for management majors (hopefully i get lucky)

$65K out of college (2008), making $80K now

B.S. Business Administration, graduated 2004
Master's Healthcare Administration, graduated 2007
State of Virginia
Nursing Home Administrator

35K out of college (2009) in NYC FML.

B.A. Sociology, Minor Business Management
Human Resources Assistant in health care (non-profit)

Plan on getting my MBA or Graduate HR degree soon so i can move up to a higher paying job.

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Graduated B.S. Biology, 07
Worked as a Lab technician for NYIT for 30,000 (Long Island)
Part-time research on a 3,000 stipend
Quit job went back to school
Graduated M.S. in Biomedical sciences, 09
M.D. Pending
Will be making 350, 000+ when I graduate hopefully

eek.gif

Pea coats for days.
roll.gif
roll.gif

I wonder how you guys gets these big paying jobs straight outta college. Do you get these jobs based off of just knowing the right people? Or just plain old job hunting?

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

I wonder how you guys gets these big paying jobs straight outta college. Do you get these jobs based off of just knowing the right people? Or just plain old job hunting?
This...
nerd.gif

I graduated May 10 with a BS in electrical engineering still can't find a job. I'm trying to get into something to do with power maybe nuclear but can't even get a call back.

Originally Posted by tooWise

This...
nerd.gif

I graduated May 10 with a BS in electrical engineering still can't find a job. I'm trying to get into something to do with power maybe nuclear but can't even get a call back.

Look at Northrop Grumman for engineering jobs.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Originally Posted by ballinamillion1

Originally Posted by TD The God

40K, U of New Hampshire, Mech Engineering - 2004, Worked for a Engineering Consulting firm as a
Purchaser
damn arent engineers supposed to be one of the highest if not the highest out of undergrad ? I'm glad I'm doing CE Ive been hearing ME is hurtin especially with all the auto field  problems at least.

Engineers generally are highest starting right out of college but it depends on degree, and who u work for. CEs are genereally the lowest paid engineers. Top engineers are ee (like myself) and chem engr( which can be close to 90k). Even with an ee degree, if you work for a small company, expect small pay especially in this economy...

Btw I'm still in college for ee. Got 1 yr left.

I thought Petroleum Engineers made more, on average, their first year than any other Engineers?

Usually. But in many cases, the salary varies. My major is ME, and starting salary for graduates is 55k. CE are, imo, one of the best paying Engineers there are as they start at 40-50, but sky rocket after a few years.

Winter 2010 grad from UC Davis
BA's in Economics & Communication
Starting salary: $55K as a Global Sales Operations Associate

Originally Posted by mj4041

$65K out of college (2008), making $80K now

B.S. Business Administration, graduated 2004
Master's Healthcare Administration, graduated 2007
State of Virginia
Nursing Home Administrator
Im set to graduate next year with a bachelor's in healthcare admin but im not sure of the pay range because some people say like 45k and some say around 75k. Any other healthcare administration majors out there?  

internships and Co-ops.
I've been with the same company since I graduated high school, and depending on how my grades are when I finish college (which right now are pretty crap) I'll try to stay with them but be in a different state. Hopefully in the Northeast somewhere

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by tooWise

This...
nerd.gif

Look at Northrop Grumman for engineering jobs.

Looked at them a while back... I'll see if they have anything now.

Spring 08
Business Admin from FAMU
Executive Development Program for Macy's Credit Customer Service.

Back
Top Bottom