What was your starting salary/wage straight out of college? vol. realistic

and also a $500 car note would equal to around a 25k car with 0 down at 60 months. which is pretty standard as i see alot of 25k cars (ie: accords, camrys) sono ones driving a bimmer unless its leased on a 8 year loan or used.

dude said $75 a month for groceries. can someone do a cost analysis of this to see how it may be pulled off @ 3 meals a day? are your parents amish?

Originally Posted by kEnn E

dude said $75 a month for groceries. can someone do a cost analysis of this to see how it may be pulled off @ 3 meals a day? are your parents amish?
Exactly...dude was stretching those numbers so hard

^i was thinking the same thing. 75 a week probably.

75 a month
30 days x 3 meals=90 meals. No snacks no nothing.
Less than a dollar a meal
roll.gif

Originally Posted by eplaya06

Exactly...dude was stretching those numbers so hard
I spend $250 a month on Groceries and don't even make lunch for myself every day.

I pay about $20 dollars from the meat market every 2 weeks, and $5 for milk, condiments is not every month so I would spend less than $5 a month,$15 for rice, butter is cheap, eggs are cheap, pasta is cheap, hygiene products are pretty cheap. I would save even more if I bought it in bulk. Yeah I sayaround $75 plus, I don't see myself spending more since I only have to support myself.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

I pay about $20 dollars from the meat market every 2 weeks, and $5 for milk, condiments is not every month so I would spend less than $5 a month, $15 for rice, butter is cheap, eggs are cheap, pasta is cheap, hygiene products are pretty cheap. I would save even more if I bought it in bulk. Yeah I say around $75 plus, I don't see myself spending more since I only have to support myself.
1. 1 big jug of Milk is $4.89. That lasts me one week.
2. No, No, No, No
3. If you bought poultry and dairy products in bulk, they would spoil before you would be able to eat them.

Originally Posted by swizzc

I pay about $20 dollars from the meat market every 2 weeks, and $5 for milk, condiments is not every month so I would spend less than $5 a month, $15 for rice, butter is cheap, eggs are cheap, pasta is cheap, hygiene products are pretty cheap. I would save even more if I bought it in bulk. Yeah I say around $75 plus, I don't see myself spending more since I only have to support myself.
2. No, No, No, No
3. If you bought poultry and dairy products in bulk, they would spoil before you would be able to eat them.
1)I don't know about you but my milk last for about 2 weeks.
2)I guarantee you I can buy all that in bulk and it would end up less than an average of $20 per week.
3)You can put Poultry in the FREEZER which can last for a while.

Just let DaNiKeRhiNo live. Damn. If dude thinks and knows what he's saying is true. So be it. No need to question to him. Just let him and others like himon the board live. Seriously, what it to you how he or anyone else lives?

2. No, No, No, No
1)I don't know about you but my milk last for about 2 weeks.
2)I guarantee you I can buy all that in bulk and it would end up less than an average of $20 per week.
3)You can put Poultry in the FREEZER which can last for a while.

roll.gif
Good luck my man.

:rofl:g
roll.gif
so you just eat plain pasta with butter? same with the rice? damn. kudos to you. you should write a book called surviving on $3 a day itll bea bestseller in these hard times.

:rofl:g
roll.gif
so you just eat plain pasta with butter? same with the rice? damn. kudos to you. you should write a book called surviving on $3 a day itll be a bestseller in these hard times.
Your acting like seasoning is like $100+ or something. If anything, $150 a month on groceries will not detrimentally effect my overall income forthe year. Hell even $4,000-5,000 extra would even be comfortable enough, let alone $10,000.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by s1eepyboy

I love threads like this...
Same here, keeps me driven. Hell, I'll be happy to even make 35k a year after college. You can live pretty comfortable in the bay making that much ($850/1br/rent+$150/bills=$1000x12=$12,000). That's $27,000 for other expenses and everything else.
grin.gif

um not to burst your bubble ... but taxes, medicare, health benefits, 401k, student loans if you have, social security ... live at home if you can if youre gonna be making 35k ... you'll b better off for it ... trust
This. Taxes will take out roughly 1/3 of your paycheck each pay period.
That's not necessarily true, most people who make around 35k has around 8k subtracted from there salaries.

Edit: Mybad for the double.

quit lying. nobody said pasta sauce costs 100 but you acting like everything is cheap and your full of it.

what brand toilet paper do you use
tooth paste
deodorant
lotion
body wash

milk lasts for two weeks
laugh.gif

whats your normal breakfast like?
what do you eat for dinner
do you have a variety?

lemme guess a 2 liter soda and some water last you a week?
you ever been blessed to purchase snacks, like an oreo (its the chocolate cookie with vanilla frosting in the middle)

Same here, keeps me driven. Hell, I'll be happy to even make 35k a year after college. You can live pretty comfortable in the bay making that much ($850/1br/rent+$150/bills=$1000x12=$12,000). That's $27,000 for other expenses and everything else.
grin.gif

um not to burst your bubble ... but taxes, medicare, health benefits, 401k, student loans if you have, social security ... live at home if you can if youre gonna be making 35k ... you'll b better off for it ... trust
That's true, but the point I'm trying to make is you can survive living alone in the Bay Area making 35k a year. Trust me, my dad use tomake 42k a year while raising me and my brother in a 2/br apartment until we were 16. And we got by just fine. He payed around $1100 for rent.

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

quit lying. nobody said pasta sauce costs 100 but you acting like everything is cheap and your full of it.

tooth paste
deodorant
lotion
body wash

milk lasts for two weeks
laugh.gif

whats your normal breakfast like?
what do you eat for dinner
do you have a variety?

lemme guess a 2 liter soda and some water last you a week?
you ever been blessed to purchase snacks, like an oreo (its the chocolate cookie with vanilla frosting in the middle)
Dont forget about paper towels, toilet paper, napkins, garbage bags, laundry detergent, dishwasher soap, kleenex, cleaning supplies (for yourkitchen, bathroom, etc), and many other things I am forgetting at the moment. You take A LOT of that stuff for granted before you move into your own apartment.

grin.gif

That's not necessarily true, most people who make around 35k has around 8k subtracted from there salaries.

[h1]2009 Tax Brackets Announced[/h1]
Tuesday October 21, 2008
The IRS has released the income ranges for the marginal tax brackets for 2009. The income ranges are adjusted each year to take inflation intoaccount. Inflation-indexed results in wider tax brackets, meaning that more income will fall into lower tax brackets. The LTCG/QD column refers to the tax rate on long-term capital gains and qualifying dividends.[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Single[/td] [td]Married Filing Jointly/QW[/td] [td]Married Filing Separately[/td] [td]Head of Household[/td] [td]LTCG/QD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tax rate[/td] [td]over[/td] [td]up to[/td] [td]over[/td] [td]up to[/td] [td]over[/td] [td]up to[/td] [td]over[/td] [td]up to[/td] [td]Tax Rate[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]8,350[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]16,700[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]8,350[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]11,950[/td] [td]0%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15%[/td] [td]8,350[/td] [td]33,950[/td] [td]16,700[/td] [td]67,900[/td] [td]8,350[/td] [td]33,950[/td] [td]11,950[/td] [td]45,500[/td] [td]0%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]25%[/td] [td]33,950[/td] [td]82,250[/td] [td]67,900[/td] [td]137,050[/td] [td]33,950[/td] [td]68,525[/td] [td]45,500[/td] [td]117,450[/td] [td]15%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]28%[/td] [td]82,250[/td] [td]171,550[/td] [td]137,050[/td] [td]208,850[/td] [td]68,525[/td] [td]104,425[/td] [td]117,450[/td] [td]190,200[/td] [td]15%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]33%[/td] [td]171,550[/td] [td]372,950[/td] [td]208,850[/td] [td]372,950[/td] [td]104,425[/td] [td]186,475[/td] [td]190,200[/td] [td]372,950[/td] [td]15%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]35%[/td] [td]372,950[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]372,950[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]186,475[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]15[/td] [/tr][/table]
This is just federal income tax. So with your state and local county taxes, you will have about 33% of your paycheck taken out in tax. Which will leave youwith 12k taken out over the year and 23k to spend.

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

tooth paste($4)
deodorant($4)
lotion ($4)
body wash(soap, $4/pack)

milk lasts for two weeks
laugh.gif

whats your normal breakfast like? (Toast and eggs, don't eat cereal that often)
what do you eat for dinner (Rice and steak most of the time)
do you have a variety? (there's alot of things to make with meat and pasta)

lemme guess a 2 liter soda and some water last you a week? (there's a 24/pack of bottled water for $4.89 in Safeway as we speak, soda is only a dollar each and two bottles of 2 liters can last me 2 weeks, so $2-3 every 2 weeks for soda)
you ever been blessed to purchase snacks, like an oreo (its the chocolate cookie with vanilla frosting in the middle) (I don't eat snacks that much, just left-overs and sometimes top ramen).
With that said, of course I'm not going to spent excessively when I'm living alone, sounds like you spend too much on non-essentials.

Major: Middle Grades Education

Im in my 2nd year teaching 7th Grade Math. With the extra pay from coaching I make $40K

In KY teachers don't have Social Security Taxes it goes into a Retired Teacher's Fund.

Need to get my Master's Degree and would get a raise of about $4K

I live in a small town, recently bought a house, I get by just fine on the salary, lots of time off, life is good
happy.gif

im still in school...but i have 3 jobs so im pullin a 35+ a year...but when im done with school (bioengineering) i was looking around on how much an averagesalary for the profession i want its 50+k a year

grin.gif

Tuesday October 21, 2008
The IRS has released the income ranges for the marginal tax brackets for 2009. The income ranges are adjusted each year to take inflation into account. Inflation-indexed results in wider tax brackets, meaning that more income will fall into lower tax brackets. The LTCG/QD column refers to the tax rate on long-term capital gains and qualifying dividends. [table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Single[/td] [td]Married Filing Jointly/QW[/td] [td]Married Filing Separately[/td] [td]Head of Household[/td] [td]LTCG/QD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tax rate[/td] [td]over[/td] [td]up to[/td] [td]over[/td] [td]up to[/td] [td]over[/td] [td]up to[/td] [td]over[/td] [td]up to[/td] [td]Tax Rate[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10%[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]8,350[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]16,700[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]8,350[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]11,950[/td] [td]0%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15%[/td] [td]8,350[/td] [td]33,950[/td] [td]16,700[/td] [td]67,900[/td] [td]8,350[/td] [td]33,950[/td] [td]11,950[/td] [td]45,500[/td] [td]0%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]25%[/td] [td]33,950[/td] [td]82,250[/td] [td]67,900[/td] [td]137,050[/td] [td]33,950[/td] [td]68,525[/td] [td]45,500[/td] [td]117,450[/td] [td]15%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]28%[/td] [td]82,250[/td] [td]171,550[/td] [td]137,050[/td] [td]208,850[/td] [td]68,525[/td] [td]104,425[/td] [td]117,450[/td] [td]190,200[/td] [td]15%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]33%[/td] [td]171,550[/td] [td]372,950[/td] [td]208,850[/td] [td]372,950[/td] [td]104,425[/td] [td]186,475[/td] [td]190,200[/td] [td]372,950[/td] [td]15%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]35%[/td] [td]372,950[/td] [td]
This is just federal income tax. So with your state and local county taxes, you will have about 33% of your paycheck taken out in tax. Which will leave you with 12k taken out over the year and 23k to spend.
Thanks for the tip, well maybe I'll just ask accept a 33k offer after I graduate from college for a lower tax rate.

where my x-ray technologists at? I recently just graduated from X-ray school in August and now I am making 34.50/hr. For 2 years of school, i'd saythat's not bad at all. I am 21 btw

A good friend of mind who is the same age, just landed a job with google, with a starting salary of 75K with a 2K signing bonus. He's graduating from theUniversity of Pennsylvania this coming June.

grin.gif

Tuesday October 21, 2008
The IRS has released the income ranges for the marginal tax brackets for 2009. The income ranges are adjusted each year to take inflation into account. Inflation-indexed results in wider tax brackets, meaning that more income will fall into lower tax brackets. The LTCG/QD column refers to the tax rate on long-term capital gains and qualifying dividends. [table][tr][td]
This is just federal income tax. So with your state and local county taxes, you will have about 33% of your paycheck taken out in tax. Which will leave you with 12k taken out over the year and 23k to spend.
Thanks for the tip, well maybe I'll just ask accept a 33k offer after I graduate from college for a tax rate.
Assuming you get one.

grin.gif

Tuesday October 21, 2008
Thanks for the tip, well maybe I'll just ask accept a 33k offer after I graduate from college for a tax rate.
Assuming you get one.
Of course, but the whole point is if I do get a job where I at least make 30k a year, I would be able tolive on my own comfortably. If it's anything less, then it would be illogical to live on my own.

Back
Top Bottom