What whiskey you drinking tonight?....

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

This will change your life...

walkegold.jpg

But if you're not trying to spend like that this...

Glenlivet_12_Y.O.-05.jpg
not tryin to hate, cause I like me some JW, but I dont know if that is considered life changing.

I always try to keep my liquor cabinet stocked up with the full JW spread.  Honestly, I don't know why (aside from the fact that it kinda looks neat).  Maybe its just cause I'm not a regular scotch drinker (I usually stick with Irish/Jameson or Bourbon/Makers) but I sometimes have difficulties telling the difference in flavor and smoothness between Green and Gold.  When I kick up to Blue, I can tell, but I cant afford to be cracking open $125 bottles of whiskey on a regular basis.  I've been too lazy to run to the store so I've been goin at the Green as my daily drinker.  SMH for being so lazy.  I can get a 1.75L handle of Jameson for cheaper than a regular 750ML of Green. 

walkegold.jpg

Glenlivet_12_Y.O.-05.jpg

Blended scotch...
sick.gif

620007x.jpg

Is half the price & 10,000 times better...
glasses.gif

If I mix my whiskey its with a tiny amount of ginger at most.

I prefer Maker's Mark on the rocks.

250px-Makers_Mark.jpg

Originally Posted by omgitswes

best whiskey for whiskey sours?
Use Ginger instead if you're going to mix, trust me.
Eventually you will truly appreciate drinking it on the rocks.
pimp.gif

Ginger? or Ginger Ale?

I might have to try that

Probably sticking to Guinness only today

Never even had one. They just sound good.
Never heard of it being a woman's drink though. I know plenty of men who order them

My opinion is just that, MY opinion. But having said that, any mixer that has a strong flavor (like sour), that completely masks the flavor of the liquor....is a woman's drink.

(not to get sidetracked and start the requisite "i like long islands cause they get me drunk fast, thats all i care about" replies, but at the end of the day thats just how i feel about mixers. And im not alone.)

Happy St. Pat's day though folks, im leaving work now and continuing my buzz. Drive safe.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

My opinion is just that, MY opinion. But having said that, any mixer that has a strong flavor (like sour), that completely masks the flavor of the liquor....is a woman's drink.

(not to get sidetracked and start the requisite "i like long islands cause they get me drunk fast, thats all i care about" replies, but at the end of the day thats just how i feel about mixers. And im not alone.)

Happy St. Pat's day though folks, im leaving work now and continuing my buzz. Drive safe.

Are you saying you dont *** with long islands? I mean I really only mess with beer or scotch but a long island on a hot summer day is quite refreshing.   

Imma be in the club tonight so nothng but Crown & Cokes or AMF's.
But for casual sipping JW green/gold/blue or cask 16

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

walkegold.jpg

Glenlivet_12_Y.O.-05.jpg

Blended scotch...
sick.gif

620007x.jpg

glasses.gif
pimp.gif
 You read my mind. I got about a third of the bottle left. Happy St. Pat's day to everyone!

tonight im gonna be drinking a lot of jameson. my friend is a bartender and its her bday. we got the whole upstairs to the bar and bottles are practically free. chris stay away from irish pubs you might get kicked out before you finish one beer.

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

Blended scotch...
sick.gif

620007x.jpg

glasses.gif

DAMN YOU NT!

Just wanted to give a heads up to my CA NTers.  After reading this thread yesterday I stopped by my local Vons market.  Bottles of Jameson were on sale for $15.  If you buy 6 of em, you get 10% off.  As I was about to leave I saw that bottle of Laphroaig on sale (maybe CA prices are different? Regular price was $55 for that), so I grabbed on of those too.  After paying the stupid 9.75% sales tax in LA, I walked out of there with 7 bottles for around $127.  Not a bad deal if you guys need to stock your liquor cabinet.

Back
Top Bottom