What's separating you and your dreams? vol. just gotta make it...

Originally Posted by DJMano34

A lot of us hold our selves back because inside we believe we are not worthy.

It is our thoughts that hold us back.

I'm here to say that you can do it, you can make it.

You just need self discipline and know your goal.

Work towards it everyday. Take little steps.

pimp.gif
 Wise words

Got caught up in a life style that was, and still kinda is, hard to give up. Trying to get back on track, but it's hard saying goodbye. Hopefully this move and a few minor changes to the plan will put me back on course to accomplish what I want.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

funding for now. 
i found my dream job but right now, there is no money for it. sounds cheesy but my dream job was with the Navy (Public Affairs Officer) and I had a very strong application with recommendations from very high ranking officials. then in the last week in January, my recruiter calls and says they cancelled the board review because of budget cuts. it was devastating for a while but i get the current state of things.
tired.gif
hopefully, i can land the equivalent in the Naval Reserves, which I'm also waiting to hear results on.

all i can do is stay patient and apply again. board reviews for this job are only held once a year too. 
i-know-that-feel-bro.png
I began talking to my recruiter in Jan' 11 and they didn't review my package until a year later, I think they cancelled a board or two. Hold on and be strong.

Indecisiveness, laziness and wasted potential.

My life long dream is to be a fighter pilot in the US Navy, but I lack the physical prowess and competitiveness to do so. I have a little less than two years to get into good shape which I've NEVER really been in and get my 2.6 to a 3.0+. I took a practice ASVAB in high school with a recruiter and scored an 88, which is enough to do most, if not all, jobs in the Navy. But since I'm a good amount overweight for my height and a few health problems, I may not ever get the opportunity to fly fighter jets.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by wcghost

having to take over and run family businesses b/c of inadequate family members.

initially, i was furious for having to give up my career/corporate-path, but in retrospect, i see it just as another experience that will somehow make sense/benefit me in the long-run.

“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. Because believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart even when it leads you off the well worn path; and that will make all the difference.

Making the right connections. Ironically enough I have always wanted to work at a shoe company, become an executive, then own a store sharing my stories and passion. Got close once. I had an interview with a big brand and got all the way to the final interview but was beat by a dude crushing me with experience over my master's degree. That was over a year ago and I haven't had another interview since. Hopefully one day it'll all happen.

Back
Top Bottom