Whats your record for most Consecutive days of work Vol Who's putting in work out there?

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

i worked at my job for SEVEN years and missed a total of 6 days(not including vacations) im talkin callin off to work ect ect. and last Weds. they fired me. So much for hard work.
Thats bs man

Before taking my vacation last summer I worked like 13 outta 14 days in a row. Worked like 7, then took a day off, then worked 5. Knowing I'd have 9 daysoff after that though made it not as bad, and knowing I'd have more cash to spend on vacation.

Last year the whole month of November I only had 1 sunday off. And me and another girl worked every day running a store just the two of us. And any of you inretail know that November-December are the busiest month of the shopping year. Needless to say I came home pissed off everyday

When I worked at my parent's print shop in college no one in the back got days off from around Jan 15th thru Feb 13th, so a little under 30 days. 12 hourdays at first then in crunch time 18 hour days. I put in a 36 hour shift but my brother beat that with 48.

Originally Posted by CreekShow

Last year the whole month of November I only had 1 sunday off. And me and another girl worked every day running a store just the two of us. And any of you in retail know that November-December are the busiest month of the shopping year. Needless to say I came home pissed off everyday
Definately not this year... because of the economy I think these were honestly slower than most of the year for our store.

This month on the other hand
sick.gif
BUSY.. ALL the time, prolly due to taxreturns

Originally Posted by parada45

i worked at my job for SEVEN years and missed a total of 6 days(not including vacations) im talkin callin off to work ect ect. and last Weds. they fired me. So much for hard work.
Thats bs man

Word, after that I easily see how dudes go crazy when they lose their job I kept my calm though. This is what happened. I was full time and under NOcircumstances were we allowed to go into overtime(i know because I got written up for that 3 months before my firing). We had a MANDATORY all staff meeting onSunday, obviously I attend. This meeting put me into overtime by 1.5 hours and my boss told me DIRECTLY face to face after the meeting that later on in theweek id have to adjust my schedule accordingly to avoid overtime. Im off Mondays, so Tuesday rolls around I come into work the payroll lady comes to me remindsme that im over on hours and to remember to adjust my hours that week.

So I talk to her tell her that ill be leaving early that day to adjust(this was the best day to leave early we had the proper amount of back up staffing tocover for me leaving which is why I chose it). I tell her, the MAIN boss of the facility, my back up supervisor, and I wrote it on my managers report that Iturn in everyday. I dont bother calling my boss because he wasnt in that day, I figure why bother him on his day off with something thats already taken care ofand for something That he basically told me to do.

I wake up 4am on Weds. like normal head to work, punch in start working. About 3 hours later my boss comes in I say good morning, he gets his coffee says goodmorning everything appears to be fine. An hour later the next 3 staff people come in he asks if he can talk to me real quick in his office, Im thinkin nothinof it like cool be there in just a sec. Walk in he fired me for an "improper time off request." He says that I didnt take proper precautions tonotify him that I wasnt working my full shift and that he was terminating my employment. I was LIVID especially after all the steps I took to make sureeverybody around knew why I was leaving.

Not only did I get fired, they made me work half my shift before they fired me
indifferent.gif

I have 30 vacation days a year, so I take a week off every other month. So I guess about 7 weeks straight.

Originally Posted by parada45

Thats bs man

Word, after that I easily see how dudes go crazy when they lose their job I kept my calm though. This is what happened. I was full time and under NO circumstances were we allowed to go into overtime(i know because I got written up for that 3 months before my firing). We had a MANDATORY all staff meeting on Sunday, obviously I attend. This meeting put me into overtime by 1.5 hours and my boss told me DIRECTLY face to face after the meeting that later on in the week id have to adjust my schedule accordingly to avoid overtime. Im off Mondays, so Tuesday rolls around I come into work the payroll lady comes to me reminds me that im over on hours and to remember to adjust my hours that week.

So I talk to her tell her that ill be leaving early that day to adjust(this was the best day to leave early we had the proper amount of back up staffing to cover for me leaving which is why I chose it). I tell her, the MAIN boss of the facility, my back up supervisor, and I wrote it on my managers report that I turn in everyday. I dont bother calling my boss because he wasnt in that day, I figure why bother him on his day off with something thats already taken care of and for something That he basically told me to do.

I wake up 4am on Weds. like normal head to work, punch in start working. About 3 hours later my boss comes in I say good morning, he gets his coffee says good morning everything appears to be fine. An hour later the next 3 staff people come in he asks if he can talk to me real quick in his office, Im thinkin nothin of it like cool be there in just a sec. Walk in he fired me for an "improper time off request." He says that I didnt take proper precautions to notify him that I wasnt working my full shift and that he was terminating my employment. I was LIVID especially after all the steps I took to make sure everybody around knew why I was leaving.

Not only did I get fired, they made me work half my shift before they fired me
indifferent.gif

Wow. That is some straight up BS fam. Thats as bad as when a partner of mine got fired for "improper shift" They said he took a break in the lasthour of work and thats against the rules and warranted discipline up to TERMINATION! Now on all accounts a rule is a rule, but if it says "UP TO"I'm thinking maybe a brother would get wrote up, verbal reprimand or sumn... NOPE! Straight canned him.... after 5 years of never having any disciplinaryactions taken against him..... They said "rules" - I said "recession"

when i worked at a @@%%+! gas station doin grunt work, i think i put in like 8 or 9 10 hour days.
smh.gif
i didnt even make that much

Back
Top Bottom