Where were you on September 11th, 2001?

6th grade in social studies throwing pillows lol went to cop the blueprint later that day

On the bus to the recycling center for a field trip. Bus got turned around because of the attacks. Went home early and saw the towers collapse live on tv.

smh.gif
I live 2 miles from DC, and I still remember the f-16s flying right overhead, MAD low.

its crazy actually,

i was in 7th grade english class not paying attention at all, and the teacher was like "something happened in new york blah blah blah" and i thoughtit was a writing prompt and we had to make our own little scenario about a disaster in NYC so i wrote a story about how Osama Bin Laden led a bombing onmadison square garden.. then i started paying attention and realized what happened at the twin towers, followed abruptly by the school being put on lockdownfor the rest of the day.

School. Math class. Think we got to go home early that day. All the smoke and debris was making it way to BK, like you could smell it. Never seen the streetsso quiet during the day. A lot of rumors and uninformed going around all morning.

I was in 5th grade. This is when I lived in VA so we had to hide under our desks (Lived near Norfolk Naval Base). We got sent home early, so I watched ithappen on the news until my folks got home.

Freshman year.I remember heading to my 9am psych class and the professor was there just crying. Class was canceled and I didn't even bother going to therest of em.

I also remember vividly how quiet the streets were that day. I stepped outside to smoke and no cars passed by, no kids playing outside, just silence.

I was at University - 2nd year - just got up after some morning love with the missus.

Flicked on the Toronto version of GMA and they broke into the show with all the news, and the image of the first tower smoking saying that reports indicated aplane may have hit the building. Everyone was sort of in disbelief that a plane may have hit the building. They were sort of amazed at the reports that it mayhave been a commercial jet that hit and no one could wrap their heads around it.

I was glued to the TV at this point. A lot of Canadians work in the NY financial district, so it was a massive news story up here. Anyway, at this point everysingle channel on the TV began covering the story. All the feeds were from US news outlets of course. Just as they were showing the tower on fire, andspeculating how a commercial liner could have hit the building in restricted air space, the second plane hit, live. I was sitting in my chair eating cereal intotal disbelief.

I don't know anyone in NYC or anyone who knows anyone in NYC (at that time...I do now though), and my heart was breaking as it was happening. I went toclass that day and the University (Guelph) was vacant. I had my German class and we discussed the issue, and the prof tried to move on and teach but eventuallyjust said to go home and we'll pick it up next week.

I will say that Canadians felt very upset over this and a lot of firehouses and ambulance workers hopped in their cars and headed to NYC from Toronto to helpout.

Blood I was in 7th grade at the bus stop waitin to do to school. I didnt know it was such a big deal. They had it on the news at school. I got kinda annoyedwhen they had it on the news non-stop for days...I didnt understand the severity of the incident. KILLA CALI WE GO HARD!

man for some reason ..i stayed home this day, didnt even know what had went on..until i woke up
then i was like oh #%+@

freshmen yr of college. i had to wake up early and was late for morning math class and i heard it on the radio, but i didnt realize the severity. ran to classand people were talking about it, but classes werent canceled, yet, so we continued. came back and my roommates were up with the television on, that was whenit really hit me. classes were canceled the rest of the day. just remember watching the news the whole day and was in shock.

i was in my 7th grade math class when the towers were hit. principal told the teachers to turn on the tv's over the intercom.

I was in my junior year of high school, in my 4th period class. Right before lunch they made the announcement and everyone just ran to the classrooms andturned on the TV's. Certain students were being called to the office to call their parents who work in DC or near the Pentagon (I live in Maryland). I justremember being just amazed that this could happen in OUR country and being let out of school early and watching the coverage on tv the rest of the day.

I was 13. I was coming back from school. At the moment I was still living in France. I came home, and did not even turn on the TV, i went on the computer. Thenone of my friends who I was talking to on AIM told me to watch the news because a plane crashed into a tower. I then saw the other plane crash and I'vewatched TV all night long. At the moment, i think i was too young and to far away from the states to realize what was happening.

Junior Year in HS...I remember waking up and turning on the news and not quite paying attention to what was going on...I didnt actually find out until I got toschool and when it was announced on the PA system...the reality still didnt strike me until out teacher turned on the TV
tired.gif

5th grade

In living room eating my rice krispies w/ sugar before school. Mom told me not to watch TV since it was on EVERy channel
eek.gif

I remember it like it was yesterday

Never even knew what the word terrorism meant. smh

Back
Top Bottom