Which album has higher expectations: Detox or Thank Me Later?

It's a tough call, I honestly don't know. I think people are so tired of waiting for Detox that no one even expects it to ever come out, so I guessI'd give it to Thank Me Later.

Thank Me Later. Dr. Dre hasn't put out a studio album in over a decade, while So Far Gone has set the bar (IMO) unreasonably high forDrake; Drake has to come hard with his debut. Detox only needs some dope production/ghostwriting from Em in order to be critically viable.

Detox.

Drake's already said the album has more singing on it than rapping like SFG. Real pop like. I don't expect much from that.

IMO the decade long hype for Detox >>>>>> Drake.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Detox.

Drake's already said the album has more singing on it than rapping like SFG. Real pop like. I don't expect much from that.

IMO the decade long hype for Detox >>>>>> Drake.

come on son drakes cd will be classic, who even cares bout dre anymore this is 2k10 now son

Originally Posted by mneezy1

Thank Me Later. Dr. Dre hasn't put out a studio album in over a decade, while So Far Gone has set the bar (IMO) unreasonably high for Drake; Drake has to come hard with his debut. Detox only needs some dope production/ghostwriting from Em in order to be critically viable.

Em never written for Dre. I think it was Jay-Z who wrote for Dre on 2001.

Originally Posted by richyung412

come on son drakes cd will be classic, who even cares bout dre anymore this is 2k10 now son
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Dude's calling it classic before they even hear it. Stans need not post. We already know you'll love anything he does in hopes of one day you get toactually suck him off.

Detox. Are you youngstas Serious! Drake or living Legend Dre. What has drake contributed to music?
Dre changed the game and when Detox drops, he will no doubt make another impact in music. period.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Dude's calling it classic before they even hear it. Stans need not post. We already know you'll love anything he does in hopes of one day you get to actually suck him off.
roll.gif

Thank Me Later because it's the only one of the 2 albums that will actually come out.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude's calling it classic before they even hear it. Stans need not post. We already know you'll love anything he does in hopes of one day you get to actually suck him off.

grin.gif
kill yourself for answering this question, and your mother forraising an idiot. Generational gap? 50 cent anyone? anyone?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Im no Drake stan...but I think "Thank me Later" will be a classic...Son has a Crazy work ethic, and from what I've seen in his interviews about"TML"...He'll settle for nothing less than perfection... With all the hype surrounding him, he has NO choice but to drop a classic...

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Im no Drake stan...but I think "Thank me Later" will be a classic...Son has a Crazy work ethic, and from what I've seen in his interviews about "TML"...He'll settle for nothing less than perfection... With all the hype surrounding him, he has NO choice but to drop a classic...
Unless he doesn't drop a classic.

laugh.gif
@ "NO choice"

Yall dudes got a problem. Drake the only dude who "settles for nothing less than perfection"??? or at least says they won't? Haven't therebeen albums with more hype around it that weren't classic?*cough*KC*cough*

It's one thing to say I hope he has a classic and he will have a classic. That just let me know no matter what he drops even if it literally was a blankdisc dudes are ready to call it a classic. I can tell the album thread is gonna be a joke already.

smh.gif

have you ever heard chronic or chronic 2001?
both are CLASSIC LP's.

Of course there are higher expectations for Detox.

"thank me later" is a DEBUT lp. enough said.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Im no Drake stan...but I think "Thank me Later" will be a classic...Son has a Crazy work ethic, and from what I've seen in his interviews about "TML"...He'll settle for nothing less than perfection... With all the hype surrounding him, he has NO choice but to drop a classic...
Unless he doesn't drop a classic.

laugh.gif
@ "NO choice"

Yall dudes got a problem. Drake the only dude who "settles for nothing less than perfection"??? or at least says they won't? Haven't there been albums with more hype around it that weren't classic?*cough*KC*cough*

It's one thing to say I hope he has a classic and he will have a classic. That just let me know no matter what he drops even if it literally was a blank disc dudes are ready to call it a classic. I can tell the album thread is gonna be a joke already.

I mean, Im lookin at it as a "Lebron James" situation.....Son had NO CHOICE but to be a NBA superstar with all the hype surrounding him...He put inthe work to live up to the hype....He had too....Thats what I mean by "No Choice"

And I think Drake will do the same....Why would he put out some mediocre stuff?....Hopefully he doesnt pull a "Kwame Brown" or a "GregOden"...But, based off his Previous and current Work, I doubt he will

Originally Posted by Luckyiam619

Detox. Are you youngstas Serious! Drake or living Legend Dre. What has drake contributed to music?
Dre changed the game and when Detox drops, he will no doubt make another impact in music. period.

Back
Top Bottom