Which album has higher expectations: Detox or Thank Me Later?

Detox, and it's not even close.
Some of you younger cats fail to realize how Dre has impacted the game and how he dropped those 2 classics on us. Hip-hop has been/will be forever waiting onthis album to drop. I'm sure there's a good number of people that don't even give a %*!% if Drake even drops, like me.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by Luckyiam619

Detox. Are you youngstas Serious! Drake or living Legend Dre. What has drake contributed to music?
Dre changed the game and when Detox drops, he will no doubt make another impact in music. period.
this. and dre doesn't need eminem to write his lyrics.. dre has gotten every rapper to write his raps, including drake.

Originally Posted by mneezy1

Thank Me Later. Dr. Dre hasn't put out a studio album in over a decade, while So Far Gone has set the bar (IMO) unreasonably high for Drake; Drake has to come hard with his debut. Detox only needs some dope production/ghostwriting from Em in order to be critically viable.
This.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by richyung412

come on son drakes cd will be classic, who even cares bout dre anymore this is 2k10 now son
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Dude's calling it classic before they even hear it. Stans need not post. We already know you'll love anything he does in hopes of one day you get to actually suck him off.

Im no Drake stan...but I think "Thank me Later" will be a classic...Son has a Crazy work ethic, and from what I've seen in his interviews about "TML"...He'll settle for nothing less than perfection... With all the hype surrounding him, he has NO choice but to drop a classic...

That.

Plus, if Dre wants to, he could end up using the verses Drake penned for him

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by mneezy1

Thank Me Later. Dr. Dre hasn't put out a studio album in over a decade, while So Far Gone has set the bar (IMO) unreasonably high for Drake; Drake has to come hard with his debut. Detox only needs some dope production/ghostwriting from Em in order to be critically viable.
This.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

come on son drakes cd will be classic, who even cares bout dre anymore this is 2k10 now son
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Dude's calling it classic before they even hear it. Stans need not post. We already know you'll love anything he does in hopes of one day you get to actually suck him off.

Im no Drake stan...but I think "Thank me Later" will be a classic...Son has a Crazy work ethic, and from what I've seen in his interviews about "TML"...He'll settle for nothing less than perfection... With all the hype surrounding him, he has NO choice but to drop a classic...

That.

Plus, if Dre wants to, he could end up using the verses Drake penned for him
tf.org-Big-Stan-free-2008-tf.org-Big-Stan-free-2008.jpg

Everybody and they mama been waiting for Detox to drop. On some second coming of Jesus type stuff.

Drake can't fail. I mean he obviously can, but if he fails with all the hype. He's done.

the only person that has high expectations for detox is dr.dre
where as drake mixtape is Grammy nominated so he is under way more pressure
in 2010

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

the only person that has high expectations for detox is dr.dre
where as drake mixtape is Grammy nominated so he is under way more pressure
in 2010
laugh.gif
@ this analogy. drake is nominated for so far gone.. thehell does that have to do with his album? and i don't know where you've been for the last 10 years but everybody is expecting detox to be dope,especially after those t.i. leaks.

Detox. Dr. Dre has come out with 2 classic albums. Each time Dre has pushed back Detox, the expectations for the album increase.

Yall are HYPING Drake waaay too much... Son has 2 or 3 hits... The SAME Ns **+% riding him now wasn't even born when DrDre had his first 2 or 3 hits...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

brown_block_LOL.GIF

Detox. Dr. Dre is the greatest producer of all time. He has brought you Snoop, Eminem, Worked with Pac and helped introduce 50 Cent tothe world. Detox is the most anticipated rap album for the past 10 years. Dudes talking about Drake being a perfectionist
indifferent.gif
, That is what Dr.Dre is known for, and has been known for the past 23years.
laugh.gif

Its hard to say who has to come harder.

Chronic 2001 is damn near perfect in every aspect..I'm not sure Dre is making the same type of music for Detox so only time will tell if its received well.

On the other hand So Far Gone had something hip hop has been missing...A new artist who's mixtape was a breath of fresh air for the industry. It strayedaway from what the labels want us to hear and dude just did him..Comeback Season as well...If Drake can stay the coarse Thank Me Later may be the mosthyped/anticipated debut album since Illmatic.

Personally I think if Dre can end his career with his greatest put together album he may go down as the G.O.A.T. producer/rapper/composer...

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Chronic 2001 is damn near perfect in every aspect..I'm not sure Dre is making the same type of music for Detox so only time will tell if its received well.

On the other hand So Far Gone had something hip hop has been missing...A new artist who's mixtape was a breath of fresh air for the industry. It strayed away from what the labels want us to hear and dude just did him..Comeback Season as well...If Drake can stay the coarse Thank Me Later may be the most hyped/anticipated debut album since Illmatic.

Personally I think if Dre can end his career with his greatest put together album he may go down as the G.O.A.T. producer/rapper/composer...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

1. You're trying to compare Drake to Nas? Really?
roll.gif

2. Drake already said the album is a very mainstream album with a lot of singing.
3. So Far Gone is something Hip-Hop been missing? %%@! sounds like any other YM mixtape
laugh.gif

4. Dont ever compare Illmatic to So Far Gone
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Sosincere09

Detox. Dr. Dre is the greatest producer of all time. He has brought you Snoop, Eminem, Worked with Pac and helped introduce 50 Cent to the world. Detox is the most anticipated rap album for the past 10 years. Dudes talking about Drake being a perfectionist
indifferent.gif
, That is what Dr.Dre is known for, and has been known for the past 23 years.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
not even this decade bro.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by Sosincere09

Detox. Dr. Dre is the greatest producer of all time. He has brought you Snoop, Eminem, Worked with Pac and helped introduce 50 Cent to
the world. Detox is the most anticipated rap album for the past 10 years. Dudes talking about Drake being a perfectionist
indifferent.gif
, That is what Dr.Dre is known for, and has been known for the past 23
years.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
not even this decade bro.

that doesnt mean anything. he can still the the g.o.a.t.

Dr. Dres past work to now > ______________

This is a personal opinion but if Detox isnt one of the top 5 best Albums ever im considering it a flop i dont care what anyone says. The man has been workingon one album for 10 years. This album is literally a compilation of every major artist work over the past 10 yrs. From Jay to Drake they have all lent a handin Detox. This dude could literally work on one track per year at this rate with the involvement from the best producers and musicians alive. So if every trackon this album isnt perfect its a failure flat out.

What person can't make a flawless album with 10 years of other superstar rappers writing for them and access to any producers best work you could possiblywant.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

On the other hand So Far Gone had something hip hop has been missing...A new artist who's mixtape was a breath of fresh air for the industry. It strayed away from what the labels want us to hear and dude just did him..Comeback Season as well...If Drake can stay the coarse Thank Me Later may be the most hyped/anticipated debut album since Illmatic.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

2. Drake already said the album is a very mainstream album with a lot of singing.
3. So Far Gone is something Hip-Hop been missing? %%@! sounds like any other YM mixtape
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Never did he compare the two pieces of music he compared the buzz... and personally i would nas with 50 cent as far as buzz goes.Whether your a fan of drake or not your going to wanna hear this album so that alone is an accomplishment in itself

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
1. As far as the amount of people within the industry and outsiders attracted to his buzz? Yeah. He's worked with Jay-Z, Eminem, Kanye West,and Lil Wayne already....Who else can say they've done that before their first album has ever dropped? Everyone wants in on the buzz and the way his peerstalk about him he seems to be the chosen one.

Nas brought hiphop back to the East and worked with Wu and Mobb Deep (what was popping) all before his first record.

Are you really denying that Drake's album is the most anticipated for any new artist in years? Please enlighten me.

2. You're talking about how an album sounds and its probably not even half way recorded...

3.A concept mixtape that showcases lyricism, songwriting, hit making and versatility? Yeah thats right out of Gudda Gudd's library slick.

4. Comprehension son. Not once did I compare Drake's mixtape with Nasir's first album. The sheer fact that two of your arguments are basically thesame confirms you're a biased loser blindly hating.

Again you're denying what So Far Gone did as a whole...Hell it might've changed the way new artists approach their first project....By being real aboutyourself and reflecting it in your art.

"..If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack.."

Back
Top Bottom