Which is worse? vol. Murder vs. Rape

Originally Posted by airforce416

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

When you're dead, you're dead (not to mention you could've been raped before you were killed. Not too uncommon these days)

You may be wrecked after rape and it could affect you for the rest of your life, but you're still alive. The dead person doesn't get to keep anything.
what if the rapist had aids or something, then your still alive just waiting to die.
Sure, but if you're gonna go that route then you were doing that before you were raped, just at a slower pace. That's another case in rapeand it's unfortunate.

AIDS or not I still believe murder trumps rape just because of what's being taken. Victims of rape may think otherwise but I've yet to hear a murdervictims POV on it for some reason...

Tons of people have recovered from being raped, I have yet to hear of anyone recovering from being murder.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by WarMachine

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

i'd rather be killed than raped.

word...i dont think alot of you understand what it feels like to even be in a situation where you can be violated by a man...

yes it happens but most men aren't thinkin about it...i'm always more worried about getting raped than i am getting killed...

i think they are both equally bad in their own way tho...

well no one know what it's like to be dead so I guess your entire argument is invalid.

no its not...to live with the fact that someone violated you in one of the worse ways possible? i'd rather be dead...with murder its over and done with...rape you have to live with that every day of your life...
Yes, but you're alive..................................... I guess because I'm a guy so my take on the issue is different. I see whereyou're coming from though.
Tons of people have recovered from being raped, I have yet to hear of anyone recovering from being murder.
/thread

Murder.

Ask the family of a rape victim (or the rape victim themself) what one positive they can take from their situation and they will all say the same thing...thatat least they're alive.

A murder victim's family can't say the same thing because there are no positives.

I think part of people's answer to this question is how they interpret the afterlife. Some people believe that there is a heaven/resurrection that wouldbe better than a "tortured" life on earth. While some believe the end may result in total darkness or something that might not be so pleasant sothey believe they'd rather live life no matter what the circumstances.

I'll say it's rape. Maybe they have on a good face, but I think a rape victim suffers and has to continue on living. The real question should be
Child Molester vs. Murder. For me any child molester, proven guilty by DNA, should be killed automatically, forget rehabilitation.

rape.

you're taking something from that person and keeping them alive to deal with it.

sometimes murder can be justified. it depends on the point of view and how it all happened. you could find some angles in there to feel sympathetic towards theperson who committed the murder.

but how often can you be sympathetic to the rapist? how can they justify forcing themselves on another person? im tryin to look for angles where a rapist couldexplain himself and we'd be like 'oh i see why you did it then...' but i don't see it at all.

Originally Posted by presequel

rape.

you're taking something from that person and keeping them alive to deal with it.

sometimes murder can be justified. it depends on the point of view and how it all happened. you could find some angles in there to feel sympathetic towards the person who committed the murder.

but how often can you be sympathetic to the rapist? how can they justify forcing themselves on another person? im tryin to look for angles where a rapist could explain himself and we'd be like 'oh i see why you did it then...' but i don't see it at all.
But the argument is, she got to live. Which I think is wrong. Put your shoes in a female, hell, a male. If anybody raped you, I know the world istelling you to be strong and overcome your struggles, but if I got rape that shhhhhh would eat at me if I didn't kill that dude. I know Ophrah got throughit, but you can't read her mind. She can still be feeling that, and having flashbacks, you think she is going to share that??? with the world?

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Originally Posted by presequel

rape.

sometimes murder can be justified. it depends on the point of view and how it all happened. you could find some angles in there to feel sympathetic towards the person who committed the murder.

but how often can you be sympathetic to the rapist? how can they justify forcing themselves on another person? im tryin to look for angles where a rapist could explain himself and we'd be like 'oh i see why you did it then...' but i don't see it at all.
But the argument is, she got to live. Which I think is wrong. Put your shoes in a female, hell, a male. If anybody raped you, I know the world is telling you to be strong and overcome your struggles, but if I got rape that shhhhhh would eat at me if I didn't kill that dude. I know Ophrah got through it, but you can't read her mind. She can still be feeling that, and having flashbacks, you think she is going to share that??? with the world?
so are you arguing against me? im confused cuz it sounds like you agree with me about how bad rape is. yeah you might still be alive, but takingsomeones soul/mind is worse than just taking the physical body from them.

Damn a lot of yall pity and underestimate rape victims.
smh.gif

I don't really see how the excuse of some ppl get killed for a reason is justifiable or how it even factors in to which is worse between the two.

Like a person can't get raped for the same reason they could get murdered.

I bet if someone put a gun to your head and said i'll kill you or rape you, which one though? 10 times out of 9 the person wouldn't want to be killed

If I believed in the concept of "heaven" I'd say rape was worse.

If there is no heaven, then murder is worse because that's it, you're done.

Back
Top Bottom