Which Players Have the Most Overrated POTENTIAL In The NBA???

Most of the time, the third year you are in the league, you can tell what that player will be. Looking at past players like a KG, Kobe, pretty much those thatcame from high school, the came into bloom during those seasons.

Kwame, Eddy Curry, and so on showed by their third years that they were either not ready for the league or were just role players playing the hype.

Stucky still has time to show that he can be a good player but I am not sold on his potential either.

like zs05wc said, these young guys mentioned still have a couple years before people start saying that they are going to that next level or will just befillers on teams as role players.

this thread is useless... people are just naming random people off the tops of their heads. for example, "al thornton" ... who said he was suppose tobe GREAT? i never heard of anyone place high hopes for this guy being a superstar... he is playing great now btw so i dont konw what people are talking about.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Co-sign on Stuckey...he may very well prove me wrong but people talk about him like he's a no brainer franchise player. I don't see it.
Same here. I never understood it to be honest.

And dude that said Andrea, I don't think anyone really believes his potential is that high (any more).
unaware...andrea had an awful sophmore season but he's been playing as good if not better than bosh over the past 2 months or so.

unaware .

this is a perfect example of how people get swept away in hype.

bargs is playing well but he is still not producing like an injury riddled bosh is.

it only seems that way because bargnani's standard is so much lower than that of an all star caliber player in bosh. desperate raptors fans are justlooking for a bright spot to cling too.

bargs is ballin out of his mind and is averaging 19.7 ppg and 6.5 reb. over the past 2 months. (27 games) which is decent (and quite exceptional for bargnani)

bosh is averaging 20.2 ppg and 9.3 rebounds over his past 27 games (which is about average for bosh) and he's has played like crap in february becausemany of his games were affected by injury.

all this 'if not better than bosh' talk is nonsense.

I don't know, I want to say Darko Milicic and his "potential" as a #2 pic are highly overrated.

That's just me.

how does beasley even hit someones list not even a full season into his 1st year?

and melo?

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Some of you guys are talking about really young players, give them time to develop damn.
That's the point...or at least that's how I and others are seeing it.

He's asking who's POTENTIAL is overrated. Not who's overrated based on their current output.

For example...if someone was to say Rudy Gay could be a 35 PPG, 12 RPG, 5 APG player one day and someone may disagree and believe that may be setting theexpectations too high based on their assessment of that player's game...then they believe his potential is overrated. Good question if you ask me.

how does beasley even hit someones list not even a full season into his 1st year?
Because he personally believes that his ceiling isn't as high as what many believe. I disagree in Mike's instance but I understand whathe's saying.

speaking of which everyone needs to add Rudy gay to there list

Because he personally believes that his ceiling isn't as high as what many believe. I disagree in Mike's instance but I understand what he's saying.

ya i got it now took the question wrong

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Odom
he's a scrub

His "potential" was over a long time ago. Dude's been in the league for 10 years now. I think this argument should be limited to guys who are intheir 6th year or younger.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I would say Brandon Roy, Kevin Martin, JR Smith, and Stuckey would top my list.

This doesnt make sense... No one expected these 2 to be this good

Originally Posted by yungmatt

But now that they are their potential ceiling was lifted. And I don't think it should be. A lot of people look at Roy especially, to be an up and comingtop tier player.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

But now that they are their potential ceiling was lifted. And I don't think it should be. A lot of people look at Roy especially, to be an up and coming top tier player.
I dont see why people wouldnt.... I honestly cant name 15 players better than him in the league right now and hes only in year #3

^ Whether anyone can or can't, again, thats not my point. People assume him to keep elevating his game for years on out now. And I think he will hit hisceiling very soon, if not already.

I'm not arguing over whether a player is bad, good, or great, or about what they're doing in the league right now. I'm going off of the definitionof the word potential and its combination with overrated. I really think that now that a few of the guys I picked, although, overacheived to begin with in mostpeoples eyes, had their ceilings lifted to another height because of how caught by surprise people were. Which I think what you see now, is what you get, andall you're gonna get.

Lebron can even be put in this category considering how many feel he will surpass everyone to be the All-time great. With a ceiling as sky high, and with nolimit like Lebron, he's bound to get some hate thrown his way as being overrated in a sense of what he essentially "could" have accomplished.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Odom
he's a scrub

His "potential" was over a long time ago. Dude's been in the league for 10 years now. I think this argument should be limited to guys who are in their 6th year or younger.

you're talking about talent

I think Brandon Roy is what he'll always be...solid. Can make an All Star team almost every year. But I don't ever see him being a dominant superstarlevel player. I think at best he'll hit that second tier All Star category...where the Ray Allen's, the Paul Pierce's, the Antawn Jamison's,etc. spent their careers. The type of players that eventually you might think they would be best served next to a dominant player as a #2 guy...which is why Ithink he would been perfect with Durant.

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

russell westbrook

josh howard

anthony randolph - people call him the next KG, i just don't see it

C'mon bro. Randolph? He's all of 19 years old. No way you can put him in here yet. He's even a solid player now. He makes more than a few mistakes,but he makes up for it a lot with his hustle and energy on defense. I won't consider him for a few years yet. He don't even get sufficient playing timefor anyone to say what he can or can't do.

^ Whether anyone can or can't, again, thats not my point. People assume him to keep elevating his game for years on out now. And I think he will hit his ceiling very soon, if not already.

I'm not arguing over whether a player is bad, good, or great, or about what they're doing in the league right now. I'm going off of the definition of the word potential and its combination with overrated. I really think that now that a few of the guys I picked, although, overacheived to begin with in most peoples eyes, had their ceilings lifted to another height because of how caught by surprise people were. Which I think what you see now, is what you get, and all you're gonna get.

Lebron can even be put in this category considering how many feel he will surpass everyone to be the All-time great. With a ceiling as sky high, and with no limit like Lebron, he's bound to get some hate thrown his way as being overrated in a sense of what he essentially "could" have accomplished.
I see what your saying now

Back
Top Bottom