which rappers just need to stop and which rappers maybe have one more good run.

- Based on his last couple mixtapes (since like 2007/08), 50 Cent needs to throw in the towel and focus on business ventures.
Yung Berg & Chingy need to hang it up too.

- Another run, I'd say Trick Daddy. He's been the same lyrically since he came out, but he should have one more go around with
a bunch of new, good, credible producers.

Originally Posted by SoundnFury

luda and busta need to call it a day.

Yeah.

Could go either way based on his upcoming album: DMX. Last chance for that guy.

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

Stop:
Cassidy

Too Short

(off the top)

One More Run, Maybe:

Ja Rule (borderline)
Disagree. Too $hort can rap until his heart gives out IMO. Dude is still smooth at 45 years old and, let's face it, when it comes to raunchy lyrics, dude is Godly. (I agree with everything else doe).

Busta should've quit 10 years ago.
Fifty should've quit at least 5 years ago.
Juvenile and plenty of others which I cant think of right now also

Stop -> fab , red cafe , papoose, game ,busta etc.
Still got another run -> 50, dmx , jada (maybe) , cam (maybe)

Theres so many i can add to both list tho...

Fab may be a cornball but he still has ALOT of life left...unlike alot of rappers listed he still holds a large female fanbase

Did we forget that the soultape just dropped a year ago?

Stop: Cassidy, Luda, Pap, Busta

One More Good Run: Yung Berg..hes still pretty young and had success with 1gold single, another 3x Plat one. If he can go the pitbull/florida route i think the success can be had there

I actually think Busta is still ill with the pen.

He just needs to stop $+!$%$% around like he's washed up tryna chase a championship ring and do his own thing.

I'm gonna have a lot of
indifferent.gif
for this one,but i'd actually like to see Jay go away FOR REAL this time.

%%*%:

Jay-z - needs to hang it up forreal this time, although i have a feeling dude is gonna be rapping about 5 star retirement homes and platinum plated walking canes in a few decades. 

Dr. Dre - needs to just fess up about Detox, ease of the whey powder, and admit hes only in the game now for marketing purposes. 

Eminem - while dude's skills are undeniable, i dont see him releasing anything that i would listen to more than once. 

50 - pretty irrelevant at this point in this zeta-male rap climate. He pretty much achieved everything he could have so best get out before you tarnish your name.

Ja Rule - didnt know he was still in the game.  

Hopefuls: 

Q-tip - proved he still has it on his last joint. 

Andre 3000 - if 3 stacks finally drops a solo album, is he the goat? 

Lupe - based on all the pre-Lasers merits, Lupe the killer and because hes still young.

Cam - Dude should consider release a skit-only album, one of the most entertaining rappers ever. 

Stop
Nas- Its been way too long and way too much of this guy and his psuedo intellectual, hypocritical, mish mash struggle bars.

50 Cent- He'll never get back to top form even though I wish he would

Dr.Dre- Detox isnt going to drop, and even if it does it will fail to live up to the hype, save face and stop now

Snoop-I'll never understand how JAY-Z gets flamed for being "old" and rapping, when Snoop is just as old, has been on the scene for longer, and puts out nothing but trash and gets free pass after free pass.

Continue

Fab-His next one will prob be his last, and I like the guys music a ton

Wayne-I would like to see him try again and maybe put out something good but hes getting by putting out the nonsense so I dont think he will

Eminem-I had no issue with most of his recent stuff and he can still put out a quality album.

DMX-Just cause.

Stop:
Busta - Some of his stuff now is pure embarrassing, Tarnishing his reputation even more with every album
Luda - Dude fell off after Word of Mouf IMO - That was a classic and although he brought out some hot tracks since, not an overall good album since WoM
Dr.Dre - Detox never dropping - and now if it does drop it cannot benefit Dre as people going to be disapointed regardless - plus tracks like 'i Need a doctor' were average
Wayne - How he even manages to sell 100 records now surprises me - Pure Garbage and this coming from a big fan of Carter 1 & 2 etc.

Continue:
Fab - He approaching the do or die stage now, He really needs a big album now to save his career, Bring in the big producers or something.. anything
DMX - The wild card of HipHop right now, got nothing to lose now he needs to go flat out and try to pull something out of the bag
TWISTA - His last album flopped really, but the main single Make a Movie was a straight up hit and only bombed as Chris Brown was still being blackballed by the industry and T-Pain was already done

Stop:
Busta - please stop with these empty speed verses... simpletons laud his flow, but he's not saying ANYTHING.
Wayne - self-explanatory. If he drops Rebirth 2, he'll be digging his career's grave.

Keep it going:

Game - hottest he's been since Documentary. RED Album was lowkey nice and California Republic was a good mixtape. So what he shouts out nonstop, so what he has a feature on every song... he had some bangers in 2011/2012. It's entertaining rap.

Jay - Watch the Throne 2 is a no-brainer, IMO. Go with what works at this point... forget about 1994 dope memoirs, though. Rap about what you know. It's coming on on 20 years since he sold his last brick.

Andre 3000 - if 3 stacks finally drops a solo album, is he the goat? 

Uhh... no... it depends on how that album is, obviously...

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Stop: Wale, Kid Ink, Tricky Graham, & Red Cafe.

More Good Runs: T-Pain, Akon, Jay Electronica.

Your list < Dog %$#! on white carpets

Stop
Ludacris - been trying to duplicate "How Low" "What's Your Fantasy" type songs for the last 3 years, just focus on your bad acting
T.I. - where do I begin, his last worthwhile rap effort was his guest verse on Future's "Magic", absolutely cannot make a good song of his own to save his life right now. His reality show is pretty good though, stick with that
Busta- way too old to be trying to get that YMCMB audience
Red Cafe- shoulda quit 10 years ago no one knows he's alive outside of New York
Birdman - been making the same song for his entire career, just different names
50 - shoulda never went at Ross and everyone else in the industry, now he bout to turn on his own camp (Banks and yayo)

Has Hope
Jeezy - all he needs is Kanye to bless him again with a feature and more Drumma Boy beats, leave the Lex Luger imitators alone

I think killa got one more come home with me type joint in him.
I just need to have 3 ny grimey tracks, 1 let's get away track and 8 funny ##$ hey ma/girls/currrrrtis tracks

Solid platinum.

Also start beef with like... idc who, just rip they life with funny songs.

Back
Top Bottom