White-Collar 9-5'ers = How do you stay sane? Vol. Office Space

It helps when your secretary is hot... 
pimp.gif

sexy_secretary3-226x300.jpg

Plus you get to surf NT, shop slickdeals.net,  hour n half lunches, optimize your fantasy teams, IM chat, gamble online. 

Plus paid lunches/dinner with your clients which sometimes include alcohol and/or going to sporting events.  

Paid to go to seminars and conventions where you can potentially meet professional females. 
smokin.gif

Sure I like certain types of hard labor jobs where you're outside... but being indoors with the AC during the summer period is very much appreciated! 

I thought I was alone on this. My job is ok for now. I want to do more. I am going back to school to get my MPH. I'm just glad my degree allows some flexibility and I don't necessarily have to be stuck doing what I am doing now forever. However, I will say, in this economic climate the job security can sometimes seem more attractive than the actual salary. That being said though, no job is 100% secure
grin.gif

I miss my job at the Census. I literally did nothing for days on end, in the office. Then they made me a Supervisor, so I got paid more to do nothing. ONLY lasted 6 months though.

I work 7 - 3:30 Monday through Friday, I think what keeps me sane is going to the gym afterwards.

Oh yea, browsing NT all day long. 

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

pimp.gif

Plus you get to surf NT, shop slickdeals.net,  hour n half lunches, optimize your fantasy teams, IM chat, gamble online. 

Plus paid lunches/dinner with your clients which sometimes include alcohol and/or going to sporting events.  

Paid to go to seminars and conventions where you can potentially meet professional females. 
smokin.gif

Sure I like certain types of hard labor jobs where you're outside... but being indoors with the AC during the summer period is very much appreciated! 

hahahahaha damn, sounds very similar to my day except...

i dont have a secretary.... working for a small company FTL.  Our office manager kinda sorta not really doubles as an admin asst but shes a cool chick and I hate dumping menial tasks on her.

i hardly if ever get to meet with clients unless I am at a convention/seminar type event.  It doesnt even really matter anyways since I got my AMEX taken away.  I've mentioned the story on NT before, but at one conference we had in New Orleans, me and my buddy hit Bourbon St HARD the first night (before the conference even got started), I dipped into a pizza spot to grab a quick slice while he ditched me and stumbled into a strip club.  $13K later (on the company AMEX) our entire dept got our cards taken away.  Now we have to pay out of pocket and fill out expense sheets.  Too much hassle tryin to buy clients drinks and having to expense it after the fact.

Lastly, I'm married and not tryin to stray so the "professional women" angle doesnt really get no play.  Hell, I usually bring my wife out to a conference with me and turn it into a mini vacation if its in a city that we wanted to visit anyways. 

Make friends with coworkers. Its good to have someone to vent to that you don't have to explain the whole story to. Get an iphone/smartphone. You can listen to music to help the day go by faster and you can surf the web discreetly. Bring a picture of your family. This way you can remember why you get up everyday and go through all this crap. Take a vacation. Its good way to get away, 300 could buy you two pairs of shoes, but buying a plane ticket will just make you a happier person.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

$13K later 

laugh.gif

and you were in New Orleans? 
pimp.gif
 My MAN!

Yeah expense reports are a pain but you know damn well I am getting reimbursed so I put everything down!  I charge everything just in case I lose a receipt because you always have your credit card statements.  

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

pimp.gif

smokin.gif

$13K later (on the company AMEX) our entire dept got our cards taken away.  Now we have to pay out of pocket and fill out expense sheets.  Too much hassle tryin to buy clients drinks and having to expense it after the fact.

Lastly, I'm
How did you not get fired for that?

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Am the only one that despises the world of offices and cubicles for 8 hours a day? I've been doing this for 6 years now and if I didn't self medicate...I think I might have gone crazy by now. I don't understand how so many people do this for 20+ years. It's the same *%%%%$+ cycle every day.
Wake Up.

Commute.

Work.

Go Home.

Sleep.

Repeat process M-F.

White-Collar-is-Going-To-Be-About.jpg

OpenPlanRedBalloon1.jpg

bw0018156.jpg

office-space-05%5B2%5D.jpg

Now I understand the meaning of Happy Hour. 

My friend if you only:

Wake Up.

Commute.

Work.

Go Home.

Sleep.

Then you have no life! I work 9-5 and i have plenty of when i get off weekends days off whenever....You need to reevaluate your life and quit blaming your job

I hate when you post $%@+...and then _'s take it and run with it as if they know EVERYTHING about you and try to school you on some $%@+.

Stop.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

how you spend 13 gs in a night? what you do? sounds threadworthy.
laugh.gif
 it wasnt me, it was my boy.

heres the link to the post from a couple years back.  Figured it was easier to gravedig than to re-write the entire story

http://niketalk.com/topic/201873/Craziest-Business-Trip-Stories

im 1/2 way through
eek.gif
editi died at the "Boss walks out of Joe's office... takes 2 steps... then stops. He walks back in and says "Im sorry Joe that was mean of me" He peels off one $20 Beaver Buck throws it at Joe and says "go buy yourself a dance" and walks out."i had my coworker looking @ me crazy as hell

I'll work out for an hour usually on my lunch break to break the monotony...If I find myself getting tired/bored I'll go for a quick 5-10 minute break, smoke a capone & listen to music.

I also try to set a schedule for myself during the day...like maybe Mon, Wed, Fri I'll work on certain tasks & do other tasks on Tues & Thurs

My dad always stresses how working out after work keeps him sane. He doesnt sit in a chair at work either, his desk has some feature where it can move up and down so he keeps it all the way up and is standing or walking almost all day.

I think stayin sactive will probably help you maintain a sense of peace when youre confined to your cubicle/office/whatever at work

That is why I got out while I could man. Seriously, we talked about it before man, the damn cycle is crazy. I couldn't stand it man. And most of the time I wasn't doing ANYTHING at all. Stealing from the company. Which most of us do on NT from 9-5

PS: You see Mason?

NT is what would get me through the day.
But sometimes it'd be blocked because yall talk about mary jane too much and the internet filters pick it up.
Also was blocked because of "lingerie" one time

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

That is why I got out while I could man. Seriously, we talked about it before man, the damn cycle is crazy. I couldn't stand it man. And most of the time I wasn't doing ANYTHING at all. Stealing from the company. Which most of us do on NT from 9-5

PS: You see Mason?
Yeah...I feel kinda bad for picking them to lose that game. I thought NOVA's guards would be too much.
As for work...

I'm making the necessary moves to transition out of the 9-5 world but it's not to the point where I can quit my job today and be good. 

I kinda wanna stack up an OD amount of money and travel for a year.

Back
Top Bottom