bdnqxh.jpg

2vxngpt.jpg

731glc.jpg

v3iqma.jpg

33w4lg6.jpg

hx2iy9.jpg

2cwlncg.jpg

tired.gif
The feeling you are talking about just kicked in for me. Started a the job 3 weeks ago and it was pretty good up until yesterday. Most of my immediate coworkers seem cool and are my age (23) but I don't even feel like saying anything to them when they are around. I've been working with military legislation so far, which has interesting aspects but I don't do anything with it, just read, read, read. I just want to do my work and get out. Luckily I come in at 7 am so I can get out by 3, and I'll do a 10 hour day to leave early on Fridays but still...

The thing that keeps me going is my Navy OCS application package. I still have a lot of work and studying to get to the November board review and that has been keeping me on my game. After I get home from work, its straight to the gym and then notes for my ASTB exam.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

stuntman mike HAS TO WORK AT HOME
my man kev has "**** it fridays"....
the one that had me was the soda cans....the foreman grill, hahahhah

If I were on a 9-5, my ideal company to work for would be Google. I've always heard of all the perks the employees get there.

So is your major problem w/ it the whole office/cube bit? Or the day to day structure.

Unless you have a freelance type of job, you're gonna be on a similar schedule every day except for the weekends. Or, unless you work 3rd shift.

Wake up
Drive to work
Work (whatever the work may be)

After work is the key for me. I involvle myself in sports, go to happy hours, beer tastings, go to dinners, dates, hit the mall and sometimes just come home and sleep or do whatever. I don't really feel I'm missing out on much, because there isn't much that I'd be doing from 9-5 that would be that big or important.

That plus the 20+ days of PTO a year and the 3 day weekends I get multiple times a year makes me happy. I have a good job that challenges me every day, work with a great group of people, am offered the chance to do different things (For example, for the mext month I will he writing a book/manual w/ other people from our various sites around the globe)

That and the fact that I don't really have to wear a collar.

I'm good right now brah. On Sunday nights do I complain about the weekend going by too fast and having to go to work the next day? Of course. I don't know anyone who doesn't, regardless of the gig they currently have.

Originally Posted by capricdragon

If I were on a 9-5, my ideal company to work for would be Google. I've always heard of all the perks the employees get there.
hahahaha my kid brother works at Google.  according to him its not all that its cracked up to be (although he says the free food and bicycles and cash bonuses are niiiiiiice)

Originally Posted by nikegirluk

Reason why before i even began my career i had a drastic career change...

MONOTONY=DEATH

Normally I would agree but a job is a job. I know people that work at Google and most are all contract. At least I have a steady income with benefits. I think work is whatever but doing stuff after work is what makes things better.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I find something wrong with the way (in DC) they drill "government job" in the brains of our youth. It's like they brainwash you that you made it if you have a government job. I had one...

This is probably the most truthful quote I've seen on this site in quite some time...
...my man, you have no idea how many times I've heard the phrase "good government job" come outta my mother's mouth pertaining to my career.

Like, more power to the folks who got 'em and all that, but why in DC do _s really preach that like those jobs are the epitome of success?

I mean seriously, they really do try to drill those jobs into the brains of DC youth like "that's what you should be aiming for"...

...those government jobs be flooded wit ho's though, I can't even front 
laugh.gif

-I drink hella water so I have to get up and refill my cup/piss a lot and normally that keeps me awake, or at least I can stare at the hot secretary for a few moments and try to sneak in a conversation.
-I put a sticky note over the clock on my computer screen so I don't keep peeking and it seems to make it go by faster.
-I used to spend my entire day scanning one page documents so I would keep track of how many I could scan and try to break my record.
-We can play radios so that helps sometimes
-I go out for lunch every single day and I take as long as I am allowed to take
-I delay my lunch for as late as possible so that when I get back there's not much more time left
-I realize that unless I somehow whip my own business out of my %!+ or live a life of crime, I have no choice and will do this until I'm like 69 (fml) and suck it up...depressing but it works

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by capricdragon

hahahaha my kid brother works at Google.  according to him its not all that its cracked up to be (although he says the free food and bicycles and cash bonuses are niiiiiiice)

I don't think Google employees work 9-5, do they? I heard they put them hours in.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I find something wrong with the way (in DC) they drill "government job" in the brains of our youth. It's like they brainwash you that you made it if you have a government job. I had one...

This is probably the most truthful quote I've seen on this site in quite some time...
...my man, you have no idea how many times I've heard the phrase "good government job" come outta my mother's mouth pertaining to my career.

Like, more power to the folks who got 'em and all that, but why in DC do _s really preach that like those jobs are the epitome of success?

I mean seriously, they really do try to drill those jobs into the brains of DC youth like "that's what you should be aiming for"...

...those government jobs be flooded wit ho's though, I can't even front 
laugh.gif
Its the job security mostly. There is so much bureaucratic red tape that management has to go through in order to even discipline someone who has some sort of tenure within the government. Also, a lot of the jobs are effortless. My mother is a 30+ year government employee and even she has admitted that she doesn't really do anything in her current position.

Originally Posted by DB WEST

-I drink hella water so I have to get up and refill my cup/piss a lot and normally that keeps me awake, or at least I can stare at the hot secretary for a few moments and try to sneak in a conversation.
-I put a sticky note over the clock on my computer screen so I don't keep peeking and it seems to make it go by faster.
-I used to spend my entire day scanning one page documents so I would keep track of how many I could scan and try to break my record.
-We can play radios so that helps sometimes
-I go out for lunch every single day and I take as long as I am allowed to take
-I delay my lunch for as late as possible so that when I get back there's not much more time left
-I realize that unless I somehow whip my own business out of my %!+ or live a life of crime, I have no choice and will do this until I'm like 69 (fml) and suck it up...depressing but it works
Keep ya head up man ... You don't have to do the same @%+! till you're 69 (why did you choose 69 BTW?) but anyway, I kind of feel ya, and that was the purpose behind going back to school for me.  Try another market maybe.

Give me a office job where i can dress casual and listen to music all day and I'm set.

Appreciate your job with your pay and benefits. Self Employment is tougher than it seems. I'm ready to go to temp agencies and look for work my self

Yeah sometimes I look at the clock and it's 3:30 and I look again 5 minutes later and it's 3:30.

I've been working professionally almost 5 years. Hasn't been too bad but you gotta find a job that really peaks your interest. Otherwise you'll hate going to work every day ($ won't even matter at that point).

I usually exercise at lunch which helps relieve a lot of stress and breaks the monotony.

Plus my job varies so much each day, i'm rarely (if ever bored).

Originally Posted by bruza

I usually exercise at lunch which helps relieve a lot of stress and breaks the monotony.

i wish i could do this...just think about how fat and ugly my co workers are on that last set/rep and push it to the limit
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I wish I had an office job.

I'd take that over working at Mcdonald's any day, and for those that do work at Mcdonalds, no diss...get that paper.

9-5 office jobs exist?...

I'd be happy as hell if I worked 9-5, that's only an 8 hr day...I'm lucky enough to work pretty good hours, about 8-6/7, but talk to someone who works in finance/banking that work 8am-2am 6-7 days a week and u'll see a 9-5 job is a breeze. Of course a lot of them are well-compensated for what they do, but they deserve it given the hours they put in and what it took to get there...

when i used to work at my old office, the company slowly blocked off websites like facebook/twitter. they eventually blocked off espn and niketalk
eek.gif

so i just started browsing those sites and watching movies on my iphone

Back
Top Bottom