Who decided to nickname the Wht/Red XII "Cherry" XII's?????

Originally Posted by Daver

KIDS. thats who. They like to simplify things instead of being into details. Makes their brain work less.
laugh.gif
. And plus, it probably sounds better to say "oh damn!! those CHERRY 12s are sick!" instead of "oh damn!! those WHITE AND VARSITY RED 12s are sick!" hahaha. And yes, the bay area is known to trend set but who really cares about what they're called? Call them what you want and make sure your up on your game when the conversation comes up. For the record, i call them white n red 12s..and im from the bay.

like he said , just call them what you want...........

Hahaha Cherry red is nowhere close to the varsity red cw the XII's have... Cherry XII = FAIL!!!!

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

I own the White & Varsity Red 12's & I'll be dam*ed if I let anyone call them "Cherrys" in front of me! Just like when people call the 7's "Raptors", smh...

RAPTORS is a nice name for those 7s tho, theyve been called that for long as i remember

I've been buying/wearing jordans for over 20 years and this is the 1st time I've ever heard this nickname.

^ That Oly Jordan VI Retro Rainbow nickname can stay. That one is fine with me. Worst Jordan ever.

I've heard these 12's being nicknamed the "Candy Canes" !?!?!?!
I have no problem with Cherry's but that is just stupid

Originally Posted by abernja

^ That Oly Jordan VI Retro Rainbow nickname can stay. That one is fine with me. Worst Jordan ever.

Guess you havent been looking at jordans lately.

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

Cherry and Oreo are stupid names but I don't care what people want to call them it doesn't bother me.
Agreed.. call em what you want.  Why waste time worrying about what people call the shoes?

Isn't that what happens to every on demand shoe? The all tend to receive a nickname some way or another

Originally Posted by Daver

KIDS. thats who. They like to simplify things instead of being into details. Makes their brain work less.
laugh.gif
. And plus, it probably sounds better to say "oh damn!! those CHERRY 12s are sick!" instead of "oh damn!! those WHITE AND VARSITY RED 12s are sick!" hahaha. And yes, the bay area is known to trend set but who really cares about what they're called? Call them what you want and make sure your up on your game when the conversation comes up. For the record, i call them white n red 12s..and im from the bay.

but saying red is shorter than "cherry"

Never heard anybody refer to them as that it until i seen it on NT
indifferent.gif
some square made it up and it caught on with more squares

Back
Top Bottom