Who decided to nickname the Wht/Red XII "Cherry" XII's?????

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

@ Rising Sun and Cherry

This aint no Retro + Colorway, stop with the nicknames.

Personally, I think most nicknames "devalue" the said pair of shoes. White & Red XII's, as they were known for ages, until this "cherry" nickname popped up into the middle of nowhere...made the shoes identifiable by color schemes and also made the shoes seem more "relevant".

Calling a pair of white & red XII's, "cherrys", seems cheap, unauthentic, and it even sounds like some new Jordan retro colorway creation...

Same could be said about alot of other models and their respective colorways. On ISS, some of their members even have the nerve to call the white/black/true red IX's, the "Playoff IX's"
indifferent.gif

Since when did Michael Jordan ever wear the IX's in the playoffs to begin with? On top of that, these shoes were the first colorway of the OG IX's to debut, and they debuted in November of 1993....many many months before the 94 playoffs even began!
indifferent.gif

It's just stuff like this that makes absolutely no sense, and it shows the immaturity of the people who claim to be "sneakerheads" calling said shoe a ridiculous nickname.
smh.gif

I'm with you Airuphere! It's this new generation, were they even alive when these shoes originally released??? LOL All I can do is SMH man, all I can do.

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

Nicknames that make sense to me are the nicknames that are from the CW of that shoe ( infared's, concord's, flint's,etc)

PREACH!

Originally Posted by cnoriega

I'm with you Airuphere! It's this new generation, were they even alive when these shoes originally released??? LOL All I can do is SMH man, all I can do.

BS....only kids call em cherries???
roll.gif

the adults call em white/red 12s right?

man stop...yall love to blame any and EVERY thing on us when in fact if we are really that bad then its yall @!+*@%* fault for not teaching a %!@%! right...

i pray to god i dont grow up with that lame @$! mentality "oh back in my day" type bull !$%*

I never heard that before. Cherry's?? *@@? , I personally don't care, kicks got nicknames, the ones that don't its a little umm okkk.. but who cares. I call shoes by their colorway or nickname. Sometimes I say bred too and trust me. Im very far from being a hypebeast. End of the day you know what shoe is being described and thats the whole meaning of it..lol, people get a little too worked up over small things.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Originally Posted by cnoriega

BS....only kids call em cherries???
roll.gif

the adults call em white/red 12s right?

man stop...yall love to blame any and EVERY thing on us when in fact if we are really that bad then its yall @!+*@%* fault for not teaching a %!@%! right...

i pray to god i dont grow up with that lame @$! mentality "oh back in my day" type bull !$%*

maybe the people you grew up with is to blame. these youngin's around me know wussup. maybe you should do some homework on your own and learn the history of jordan brand since you were probably too young to see these releases in the 90s. this new generation is hella simple minded now-a-days. at least in the shoe game. a recent tweet from my folks at sole supremacy tweeted "true sneaker heads know the history behind the shoe, sneaker heads just like the shoe"...that's the truth.

i give credit to AirUpHere23 for being on top of your game. good history lesson..i actually forgot about that. haha.

Originally Posted by PoopieJayzNnikes

Originally Posted by magc840

So..when you unDS these, can you call that, "popping your cherries?"

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

this is why i gave up buying shoes. idiots like this
And this idiot doesn't have a sense of humor.

Maybe if you had a job, you can buy shoes again! Or better yet go ask mom for some.
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

i thought the Air Jordan XIV's white/red/black colorway is called candy canes lol

my bad for diggin this up, but why are the OG and 94 I's suddenly being called "Chicago I's?"

EDIT: 3000
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dtb00201

These fools over on the other board are calling the white red 13s "bleeders".

SMH I didn't know what my lil bro was talking about when he ask me did  I like the bleeders 13's and I also heard a kid call the concords the oreo xi smh

who ever used "cherry" as a nicknamed or started that trend is a corn

gotta be the gay area, i mean bay area
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom