Who decided to nickname the Wht/Red XII "Cherry" XII's?????

Originally Posted by bel air

ISS, newbs, ignorant fools, that guy "memphisfinests" with the messed up caps lock button, and so on
LOL I GOT A FAN...*!?#RIDIN MUCH?  I MUST BE GETTING YOU TIGHT WITH THE J'S I POST IN MY PICKUPS AND WDYWT....
grin.gif

ON TOPIC THO, WHO REALLY CARES WHAT PEOPLE CALL THEM? YOU GUYS REALLY GONNA GET TIGHT ABOUT  WHAT ANOTHER MAN CALLS HIS KICKS? I SMH AT PEOPLE WHO EVEN VALUE THIS AS A RELEVANT TOPIC. THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING OF MORE IMPORTANCE TO ARGUE ABOUT...

I've never heard anybody call them Cherrys. Its always been just White/Red 12's.

Only !%@*%#+ little kids(ISS) would say that.

Here's the thing...

I HATE NICKNAMES. That's no secret. I grew up calling shoes by their colors not by some wacked out nickname.

BUT, I understand that times have changed and people need to associate nicknames with shoes to easily reference them. I'm not about to let it ruin my day.

Originally Posted by ijapino

Here's the thing...

I HATE NICKNAMES. That's no secret. I grew up calling shoes by their colors not by some wacked out nickname.

BUT, I understand that times have changed and people need to associate nicknames with shoes to easily reference them. I'm not about to let it ruin my day.

after reading that blog, it sure sounded like it did.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by lateralus1082

wink.gif

Oh, I admit it was a venting blog. But it was also written 3 years ago. It was frustrating seeing the hobby transform into such a chidish act. It's gotten to a point where almost every shoe is given a nickname so people can feel better about calling them something rather than their color description. I understand that people won't change and they're gonna call them what they want. That's the reason why I stopped caring and won't let it ruin my day.

wink.gif

Oh, I admit it was a venting blog. But it was also written 3 years ago. It was frustrating seeing the hobby transform into such a chidish act. It's gotten to a point where almost every shoe is given a nickname so people can feel better about calling them something rather than their color description. I understand that people won't change and they're gonna call them what they want. That's the reason why I stopped caring and won't let it ruin my day.
You know what's worse? When people get mad when a particular shoe is a GR. It's like the world is going to end when it happens.

whoever used the word ''cherry '' when talking about the white/red xii or any white/red shoes

IS A DAMN FOOL.............................................................peace

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

LOL I've always wondered the same thing. It pissed me off aswell. I think it came from the Bay Area...
laugh.gif

tongue.gif

it was ISS. but yeah, a lot of idiots here make some stupid names up. wanna just punch them youngins in the mouth
roll.gif

smile.gif
lateralus1082 wrote:

wink.gif

You know what's worse? When people get mad when a particular shoe is a GR. It's like the world is going to end when it happens.

All of this foolishness began when people started calling this the "shoe game". What ever happened to the days when people bot a shoe simply because they like how they look instead of how "limited" or how strong the hype is for a certain shoe??
tired.gif

cherry is a wack nickname for jb
but others names are okay in my book as laney's,motorsports,etc in the right sense of mind

Originally Posted by The Maverick 41

cherry and the raptors have to be the worst out of them all!

I never got why people call the vii the raptors when the shoe came out before the team was playing basketball

Finally a topic I can relate to! I have been trying to get these young NTers to realize that a Jordan's nickname either has to have a significance to a movie, person etc or the colorway on the box label i.e. Concord, Military Blue, Taxi, Infrared etc etc. I think it's just this new generation though, they just have a hard time catching on, it's like they all have ADD
frown.gif

could of sworn these were called the rising sun before those all wht. craps drop..ooh well dont make me no difference.. you can call em what ya want.

Originally Posted by derry1

could of sworn these were called the rising sun before those all wht. craps drop..ooh well dont make me no difference.. you can call em what ya want.

Never called rising sun.

Nicknames that make sense to me are the nicknames that are from the CW of that shoe ( infared's, concord's, flint's,etc)

Originally Posted by cnoriega

Originally Posted by derry1

Never called rising sun.
maybe it's just me
eyes.gif

I started it. Sorry guys I'm in the process of taking the nickname out of people's mouth and returning it to white/red XII's. Sorry for my ignorance, I thought cherries were red and the shoes were too.

Back
Top Bottom