Who does NOT have a bank account? Why not?

so, does anybody disagree with this statement?

MOST people that do not have a bank account are either...

under 18
or
not in the workforce
or
have previously misused banking/credit systems.

Those of you with the big Nike box of cash...

why not keep it in a bank account? why do you need that much access to that much cash?

so, does anybody disagree with this statement?

MOST people that do not have a bank account are either...

under 18
or
not in the workforce
or
have previously misused banking/credit systems.

Those of you with the big Nike box of cash...

why not keep it in a bank account? why do you need that much access to that much cash?

i had one back when i was gettin' SSI money, but they closed my account couple months after that stopped since i never had anything in it.
once i get a job i'll open another one.

i had one back when i was gettin' SSI money, but they closed my account couple months after that stopped since i never had anything in it.
once i get a job i'll open another one.

tumblr_lbwl1efnVu1qzrblzo1_1280-e1289965202621.png

/ Thread.

Every year that your money is sitting in that nike box the inflation causes it to lower in value.  At least when you put it in the bank the measly 2.0% will offset the inflation.  However, if you have to pay bank fees your net value might end up being negative.

Every year that your money is sitting in that nike box the inflation causes it to lower in value.  At least when you put it in the bank the measly 2.0% will offset the inflation.  However, if you have to pay bank fees your net value might end up being negative.

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

They don't trust the bank..

right on, although i did have an account with bank of america; ill probably open up another account with them later in the future though

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

They don't trust the bank..

right on, although i did have an account with bank of america; ill probably open up another account with them later in the future though

Originally Posted by Lxj

True. And putting your money in a bank would help your credit score compared to it just sitting in a box gathering dust.

If you're not really spending the money at all, you can place your money in a time deposit, so you can earn some $$ while you sleep.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Lxj

True. And putting your money in a bank would help your credit score compared to it just sitting in a box gathering dust.

If you're not really spending the money at all, you can place your money in a time deposit, so you can earn some $$ while you sleep.
pimp.gif

I make $30k a year and I don't have a bank acct age 26. I have a walmart debit card that works fine. I don't trust banks....been burned by two banks before. Bank of america and wachoviaa

I make $30k a year and I don't have a bank acct age 26. I have a walmart debit card that works fine. I don't trust banks....been burned by two banks before. Bank of america and wachoviaa

Overdraft fees. I was young and all and basically broke, but don't tell me I can only spend the amount of money I have in my account and then charge me $35 each time I overdraft. All the while im vigilantly checking my balance.

Overdraft fees. I was young and all and basically broke, but don't tell me I can only spend the amount of money I have in my account and then charge me $35 each time I overdraft. All the while im vigilantly checking my balance.

Originally Posted by Faint Dj3

how is that being burned?  I'm pretty sure it was in the Terms of Service agreement you signed when you opened the bank account.

Originally Posted by Faint Dj3

how is that being burned?  I'm pretty sure it was in the Terms of Service agreement you signed when you opened the bank account.

Back
Top Bottom