Why are there ads on NikeTalk? The answer is inside.

hmmm sounds reasonable i think.

sf20060528.gif

12003_MYMAX.gif

1. some sites(ie tinypic) have google AND yahoo ads. will yahoo be having ads on NT as well?

2. is it necessary to import our info to YUKU before the move? we wont be left behind if we dont will we :lol:
laugh.gif
:frown:
frown.gif
?

3. is having a google search feature a possibility in the future for NT instead of the ezboard one?

oh and thanks to the admins of NT for accepting me. this is a really cool site. i like how everything is really neatly setup unlike some other sites i go to(clubrsx,clubcivic to name a few)
Code:
I STAY CONNECTED LIKE NEXTEL
Code:
Futbol de Brasil como como as mulheres nas praias brancas da areia do jogo BONITO de rio sempre BONITO

^ your sig looks illegal.

and annoyin.

Rare/Vintage Sneakers and Video Games at great prices
-IN STOCK- NY X's, signed tokyo stash, zoom flight 96, griffey max.10% off for the next 10 NT customers ONLY -code-NT10OFF
www.kick-game.com

1. Don't know. ezBoard is finding the funding for us and I don't know what else they might be able to find and use.

2. I don't believe so and I doubt it because banned users are being moved to Yuku. I believe it'll be no different than when ezBoard would switch us to a new server. I don't believe that we have to do anything.

3. I don't know.

Regarding your signature:

Quote:
2. Image files may NOT be placed in the signature of any posts at anytime regardless of size. JavaScript, Flash, DHTML or any other non-HTML file/programs may NOT be placed in a signature. The use of scroll boxes, marquees, or other devices as a means of circumventing our signature restrictions will not be tolerated. Failure to comply will result in the post in question being deleted. Future failures in compliance may result in banishment.

It isn't obnoxious, but you aren't using the marquee to get by our five line limit so I don't see a problem with it.

I think Yuku is going to be great for NT. Getting banned will be terrible since you have to get a new profile, so maybe people will think twice before they post something.

me![/url]​
[/center]

Hey Meth/Admins/Mods, great idea on Yuku, I've set up a profile already and I feel like users on NT will be able to interact more with each other than just a msg board. I've already msg'd some other NTers who I thought I'd never communicate with.
I need a Rane TTM 57 or pioneer DJM 400 mixer...

Team San Diego #55

yo do accounts copy automatically?
arz​

yo Clothesline you'll get clotheslined shots make u go ''Uh-uh' like a Hov rhyme​

i totally support the idea of having ads ... i really enjoy nt and the ads dont bother me too much ... except for that there are lots of ads from sites that sells fakes ... i spotted at least 5 of them ...
Your brain has two parts.

The left brain has NOTHING RIGHT,
and the right brain has NOTHING LEFT.

Outstanding news!
[table]Well, uh I guess I, deep down, am feeling a little confused. I mean, suddenly, you get married, and you're supposed to be this entirely different guy. I don't feel different. I mean, take yesterday for example. We were out at the Olive Garden for dinner, which was lovely. And uh, I happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a waitress taking an order, and I found myself wondering what color her underpants might be. Her panties. Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think well maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling... what? what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?

[/table]​

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask in but I set up my Yuku a few days ago..

Everything is good, EXCEPT my post count says zero (in my Yuku profile) Also, my "Recent Posts" section is blank and says that I don't post... Yet, in the "ezBoard Posts" section they list all my posts from NikeTalk...

...I think I may have heard that it takes a few days to update?? Any truth in that??

Help please...

Thanks in advance...

[/center]

[/center]

has anyone else see this ad.....Shoot The Ninja,Get A Free Ringtone....kinda ironic....and there's another one for Affordable Shopping Carts....the hell?

We are all witnessin somethin. Were witnessin an asskickin.
- Charles Barkley

CWrite78: I know, i havent posted on Yuku, but in most peoples profiles, the NT posts show up as yuku posts, mine are still through ezboard.... i dont know why....

[/center]

[/center]

Quote:
I think Yuku is going to be great for NT. Getting banned will be terrible since you have to get a new profile, so maybe people will think twice before they post something.

That's just the beginning of the new security features we hope to have available in the future.

Quote:
has anyone else see this ad.....Shoot The Ninja,Get A Free Ringtone....kinda ironic....and there's another one for Affordable Shopping Carts....the hell?

I know.... obviously I'm not THRILLED with the ads we've entertained over the last few weeks - but please understand that this is a work in progress. The fake ads are gone. Next we'll do our best to get the irrelevant and annoying ads out of the way.

There are very few ads that we can secure on short notice. Google ad sense was obviously the easiest - and yielded the highest percentage of fakes. Yet, together, we steadily chipped away at the fake sites and by the end of the Ad Sense runs - many, if not most, users weren't experiencing ANY fake ads. In the last few days, I didn't receive a single report of a fake ad.

Now, we're trying something a little more advanced. These ads are better, but not perfect.

The bad news is that after the first couple of days when performance was through the roof thanks to everyone's support, our click through rates went through the floor. The CTR has been awful over the last week plus and hopefully this new ad style will result in improved performance. We'll talk more about the results from this initial trial and how much we'll be able to donate to charity soon.

ads dont work on my mac laptop through safari and explorer.. it just doesnt appear at all.

they appear flawless on the PC.

the old google style text ads appeared fine on the mac and pc

i dont know why it took so long but this is the 1st time i'm seeing the ads on my home computer
i saw them a while ago at work
"I Can Accept Failure, But I Can't Accept Not Trying"

The GOAT MJ

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! I have been a member of this community for a long time. I can not believe any one would actually agree with this junk. I would much rather pay money to be a member of this community and to keep it alive, than to be plagued with absolute nonsense advertising.
I Do not want to be a part of this bull____ sell-out website (which, I might add, pretends to bring positiveness to this scenario by some very negligible unimportant benefits that bring nothing to the website). I cannot believe that I have witnessed such a great and inspirational forum sour into a typical money-pulling advertisers puppet. Too bad... Tooooo baddd.....
AIM- roman736
P.H.I.L.L.Y.
Email-mroman@fandm.edu

Quote:
sell-out website (which, I might add, pretends to bring positiveness to this scenario by some very negligible unimportant benefits that bring nothing to the website).

First of all, where were you when we relied solely on donations? I don't see you on the donor list. You act like you'd "gladly pay," but clearly that hasn't been the case. You didn't donate one red cent to our cause - and it's because 99.5% of our members HAVEN'T donated that we're in this position to begin with.

I'm not FORCING people to pay for this site, period. I'd rather have ads. I'm not going to ask you to PAY for NikeTalk because it's our members' posts that make NT worth visiting. Our members add incredible value to this site. Forcing them to pay money to add value to the community is simply unfair. Without our members, there IS no NikeTalk.

Face it: a handful of people paying a few dollars here and there won't cut it. Hosting a site of this size costs thousands of dollars per month. Turning NT into a PAY site would undoubtedly kill it in short order.

Placing ads, on the other hand, allows us to continue to offer NikeTalk for FREE. That IS a positive benefit. Sites have to pay their bills somehow. You've obviously been spoiled by the completely free and ad free site we've run thus far, but the situation has changed. We can't purchase our hosting costs for $2,000 a YEAR like we used to. It costs real money now, and where do you suppose that should come from?

You say that the ads don't provide real benefits, but you couldn't be more wrong. Allowing our members to continue to use NikeTalk free of charge is a significant benefit. Allowing NikeTalk to continue to EXIST is a significant benefit.

Donating thousands of dollars to charities is also a positive benefit. If you consider that "negligible," fine - but I certainly don't.

The ads are only going to improve as time goes by, but until we find a BETTER source of revenue you can expect advertising in some form to remain on the site for the foreseeable future. Our staff still hasn't made ONE CENT off this site, so don't even THINK about calling us sell outs. You're not going to find very many sites our size that don't profit in ANY way, shape, or form. Name a major sneaker website that doesn't profit or even seek to cover its costs.

Back
Top Bottom