Why are there ads on NikeTalk? The answer is inside.

Quote:
seems to me like iss actually has more traffic ...

not the forum though, just the website and store. i used to go to instyleshoes.com all the time before i found any forum (niketalk and iss's forum) because that was the only legit site i knew before nt.

the picture hosting should resize pics so no one EVER puts up ginormous pics that mess up the horizontal scroll. just a thought.

oh and blondsoccerplyr - niketalk won't sanction any sales of product that have the name nike or the swoosh on it. that's basically making money off nike's name, in which nt would have to pay nike or be liable to get sued. niketalk is a non-profit fan site, as suggested in the news bar - lawsuit=pr nightmare.....selling shirts here on nt to "help the community" isnt gonna fly....unless of course the shirt just says "NT" and mentions nothing of "nike" or the swoosh.

[/b]

^ it wouldn't be that bad. it would suck for dirty cuz that means he'll be considered a "newb" :lol:
laugh.gif

but seriously, if we lose our post count, that means we won't have to see people complaining that this person gets more respect cuz they have 10000 posts. and i know most of us will probably end up changing our sn's.
Not new, just an alternate sreen name

im gonna miss that my day at a air force show thing post haha.
S.Carolina
What's a sneaker boutique?​

I'll click on an ad once or twice everyday. :D
happy.gif

Everybody should do that.

and do these ads give you any kind of spyware or anything like that?

lol, i was thinking the same thing, Cyprus Sinner.

on a side note, i think ppl on this thread are blowing the ordeal about Sepiroth up. Dude isn't that bad. But yea, i didn't read his post before Dirty edited it.

the movement is only moving more in a positive direction.

seems like ads are the way of the future, but it would make sense to give back to the community that has held firm in its ways since its inception.

meth. mods. and the NT family have all been given a free pass to explore deeper into the world of footwear apparel and "general", and its time to give back.

sounds good

thanks for the explanation

AKA YaDontStop AKA SelfScientific AKA LakersRGood AKA jwest44
[/b]​
If the flow is strong, I'm smart....If you're stupid it's not art...

Quote:
the picture hosting should resize pics so no one EVER puts up ginormous pics that mess up the horizontal scroll. just a thought.

I don't see why this is a problem now...

And co-sign to whoever it was (Craftsy I think) that mentioned having an "Ignore" feature. *Thinks of all the people to add to the list*

A "posts per day" stat would be a nice addition in my opinion.

The people complaining about ads need to shell out the 28 quarters and get EzSupporter for 6 months. You pay more than that in shipping a pair of kicks.

Quote:
For starters, once the ads start running well be able to offer ALL of our users FREE UNLIMITED page views.

YEAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

And as for the charity, may I suggest Kicks for Kids (I think that's what it's called.) It provides shoes for the underpriviledged, and I think it's right up our alley.
, on Steve Nash's drunken chest exposure:

Check out my Most Valuable Nipples!​

Quote:
unless of course the shirt just says "NT" and mentions nothing of "nike" or the swoosh.

It could say NTalk.

Losing out post count and sign up date would matter. Whether you think so or not, almost everyone who has tons of posts and/or has been here for a long time has contributed to the board in some way or another. It doesn't just have to be in terms of shoes either.
2006 National Champions​

Umm...the moderators have sold NikeTalk t-shirts before...soo...they have sanctioned the sale...

Quote:
If we lose our sign up date & post count in the change over im really gonna be bummed out.

Amen.

I just got to 10,000 posts...and I've got that OG join date... :pimp:
pimp.gif

Thats wassup helping the communty and all, I have NO PROBLEM with this. Thanks Niketalk for all your services and charity work, and all the hard work ya'll put in.
"People ask me.. you know what I'm saying..If I ever reach the top will I forget about them.So I ask them if I don't reach the top, will yall forget about me"
-Playa Fly​

It was funny when niketalk said no to ads a few years ago and i knew that there word would back fire... its impossible to be ranked 50,000 in alexa and be online with no money....

i knew it :smile:
[/b]​

I love NT and what NT has done for the sneaker community

Got mad at it and don't want it no more[/center]

BTW

why not market niketalk... change the name to somthing new and make a magazine and what not.... sole collector did it and look how rich they are....
[/b]​

i wonder how hard it is for the mods to get rid of all the fake shoe advertising... i have a feeling once you clean up one, another one is in line to take its spot. and we all know how many fake shoe sites there are out there.

hopefully it wont be too much of a mess to clean up..hell if you guys cant clean it up, just dont worry about it till you switch everything over to the new board.

im not going through all 9 pages to check if this has been answered...but...

will we still have the same format?

black/red NT banner, ect...????

oh yeah, just want to give thanks to the mods for keeping this place alive for 6 long years!!!! and thanks for taking the time to help this board out!!!

Very exciting to hear. Thank you to all the Mods, especially Meth, for keeping this board running. Can't wait for Yuku!
Formally known as gswarriorsnum1

Hypocr1t1cal born at: 4/16/91 11:47

Back
Top Bottom