Why I Should Move To California VS Why I Should Not Move To California

dmxgod wrote:
Originally Posted by 8tothe24

dmxgod wrote:
I've always wanted to experience California..not the tourist crap..but just spend a month in California..and see how I like it..and if I could find a teaching job out there..but I got a girl that won't leave her family..so I'm not gonna even touch that topic..
game over, stay home.

What's wrong with teaching? I've been teaching for 3 years and I would never change careers..most rewarding profession..but at the same time it depends on the school district..if the district is crappy..then yeah you are gonna bash teaching/teachers..every state has their great school districts and their horrible school districts..in fact California has one of the most rigorous teaching standards in order to become a teacher..on par with New York State..

I'm sure the teaching jobs are very difficult to obtain in California as in New York State..but I would b up to the challenge of looking for employment out there..they also get paid at the same rate as most school districts in New York City/State

Where did I say anything bad about teachers- my wife is a teacher.

But since you want to talk about crappy school districts, the majority are.  The onus to support the needs of the classroom are entirely on the teacher, the bureaucracy/politics is crap, you have to walk on eggshells because the students run the classroom... and on.  But if you love working with children (or teens if that's your thing) then you make it work and do your thing.

As for the game over, stay home comment it was directed at your employment opportunities.  Most school districts pink slip nontenured teachers at the end of the school year and rehire them during the summer.  Not to mention the hiring freeze in many districts.  Teachers with experience getting bumped into the substitute pool and some substitute pools being completely closed to applicants.  If you're a white male, you better be looking at math or science in high school; hell if you are a credentialed warm-blooded human you better be looking to do high school math, science.  OR you can get in line to do ESL classes, which is about the only positions that opens up.  And it is only going to get worse over the next 5 years.  But if you want to ride that CA unemployment chain, be my guest (everyone else here is doing it- unemployment in CA is officially about 12%, truthfully it is about/or above 20%).

Have a good day and good luck to you.

If you do move to Cali..... if you ever notice that it's sunny as hell outside and it starts raining, you best run to an open field or get under a table. Trust.

If you do move to Cali..... if you ever notice that it's sunny as hell outside and it starts raining, you best run to an open field or get under a table. Trust.

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

south bay? is that just so-cal? if not then whats south bay? SD?

supposedly its really, nursing in california is very very hard even with the high demand for nurses. im sure teaching is the same. if not worse

South Bay Area. Consists of San Jose, Santa Clara, Milpitas, Mountain View...and according to some the beautiful city of Monterey.

A great region to be at, really.

There's more than one "South Bay" in California, though you mentioning Yahoo and Google was a giveaway. I happen to live in the South Bay in the L.A. county area.

hahahaha im an idiot.  i was confused.  i thought dude meant South Bay - Torrance, Manhattan, Hermosa, Redondo, etc... etc...  I was a bit confused by the yahoo and google thing cause they both have smaller satellite offices in Santa Monica which is not really south bay.  I didnt know that the area around Man Jose was also called the south bay.  learn something new everyday.

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

south bay? is that just so-cal? if not then whats south bay? SD?

supposedly its really, nursing in california is very very hard even with the high demand for nurses. im sure teaching is the same. if not worse

South Bay Area. Consists of San Jose, Santa Clara, Milpitas, Mountain View...and according to some the beautiful city of Monterey.

A great region to be at, really.

There's more than one "South Bay" in California, though you mentioning Yahoo and Google was a giveaway. I happen to live in the South Bay in the L.A. county area.

hahahaha im an idiot.  i was confused.  i thought dude meant South Bay - Torrance, Manhattan, Hermosa, Redondo, etc... etc...  I was a bit confused by the yahoo and google thing cause they both have smaller satellite offices in Santa Monica which is not really south bay.  I didnt know that the area around Man Jose was also called the south bay.  learn something new everyday.

anyone ever thought about moving out of the country, to like western europe for example, thats always been a dream of mine

anyone ever thought about moving out of the country, to like western europe for example, thats always been a dream of mine

From the research that I've done, Cali is just too expensive (for me at this point in my life anyway). I was kinda torn between moving to NYC or LA. NYC rent may be a bit higher, but in LA, there's that need to have a car+car insurance, which really can get pricey and push the overall cost of living over the top.

I totally agree it's a super dope and chill place, the beach vibe is cool, I would love to live there.

From the research that I've done, Cali is just too expensive (for me at this point in my life anyway). I was kinda torn between moving to NYC or LA. NYC rent may be a bit higher, but in LA, there's that need to have a car+car insurance, which really can get pricey and push the overall cost of living over the top.

I totally agree it's a super dope and chill place, the beach vibe is cool, I would love to live there.

Cali is a great place man
Ive traveled a little more than the avg person & I have to say we beat out alot of other places.
aint nvr been to NY tho so idk if my input is that valid
my thing is if you plan on coming HAVE A $@%%@%% JOB......
the valley is cheaper place to live but aint %%@+ for jobs here.
the bay has jobs but its expensive as balls compared to the valley and quite frankly the housing is ****tier thier imo unless you live off the beach of San Francisco & you ballin or sumthn...
SO Cal is more expensive also but I think thier in a %%@+ hole for jobs too(dont quote me on that cuz its so-cal)

Cali is a great place man
Ive traveled a little more than the avg person & I have to say we beat out alot of other places.
aint nvr been to NY tho so idk if my input is that valid
my thing is if you plan on coming HAVE A $@%%@%% JOB......
the valley is cheaper place to live but aint %%@+ for jobs here.
the bay has jobs but its expensive as balls compared to the valley and quite frankly the housing is ****tier thier imo unless you live off the beach of San Francisco & you ballin or sumthn...
SO Cal is more expensive also but I think thier in a %%@+ hole for jobs too(dont quote me on that cuz its so-cal)

dont ever get married over there.....that state has a mandatory 50/50 split 
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom