Why is it a crime to say that Lauryn Hill is overrated?

Thankfully Nas also dropped Stillmatic, God's Son, Lost Tapes, Street's Disciple, HHID, Life Is Good, and blessed us with a fair amount of standout features.
exactly ... Thankfully .... But if he would have left out for reasons other than being a trash artist I would have respected him the same because of that classic album... The music was just that good....

If nas would have stop making albums after illmatic , illmatic would still be a classic.... And most of us would have still called him one of the greatest ! And That's without him being awarded **** for it..... Lauren hill did in her little bit of time more than most artist have done in their whole career... Also their live performance was :smokin
One of the best I have ever seen

Word! OP is bugging and his argument is illogical and weak.

If nas would have stop making albums after illmatic , illmatic would still be a classic.... And most of us would have still called him one of the greatest ! And That's without him being awarded **** for it..... Lauren hill did in her little bit of time more than most artist have done in their whole career... Also their live performance was :smokin
One of the best I have ever seen

Great point. The same thought ran through my mind but he didn't quit. My biggest problem with Lauryn Hill is she quit, she gave up. She felt entitled after her solo. No matter if it's a 10/5 or a 0/5 album, she doesn't get a pass from me over ten years later. Showing up to shows late, fried, sounding like **** for some of them. I still listen to the Fugees album here and there, haven't played her solo in years though.

Nas doesn't even have a single good song...I don't know why he wasn't pushed out of the industry 15 years ago.

guessing all the other word play was far too complex for ole boy so he picked the simplest one he could understand
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

She has two classic albums to her name and hasn't done any other work notable outside of that unplugged tape.

There's nothing credible or valid to your argument that she's overrated. I'd have to think you don't know what overrated means and meant to use another word.
Actually no it wasn't complex. Rapping about suns moons quasars and Elroy Jetson doesn't wow me. Lauryn Hill is wack and always has been wack. Can't even compare her to Nas and Illmatic. Keep reaching if you want.
This is pathetically ironic cuz you sound exactly like a Nas hater saying that about LBoogie.

Last edited:
as far as anyone who thinks lauryn hill is overrated or "wack" as one guy even said earlier, id be curious to hear what those individuals consider good music, these are probably the cats hitting shuffle on a playlist consisting of meek mill,chief keef,and tyga titled "real hip hop"... no trap beats or fabricated kingpin tales or if theres even a hint of any kind of substance or social commentary in music and certain people maybe some with shorter attention spans get confused and disinterested and i actually dont have a problem with those that fall under that category because im pretty sure at some point everyone knowingly listens to something that is considered disposable music im just disgusted when said individuals feel the need to lash out against music they dont understand or just are not into,if you dont like something or someone why bring it up ? especially in a case like this where were talking about someone who as a part of a collective and as a solo act has sold millions upon millions of records in multiple countries and even in the face of a public meltdown still manages to draw attention from media outlets of all types with every word uttered or move made, no matter what has or has not happened in her career since her last album she is still a artist that almost any other artist would give a left leg to work with 

Nas doesn't even have a single good song...I don't know why he wasn't pushed out of the industry 15 years ago.
didnt eem see this earlier but wow! i got one of my boys here right now who thinks omarion has been a powerhouse vocalist since b2k and also claims lil zane is not only a good rapper but was better than tupac religiously, and when i showed him this comment he started naming radio hits that real nas fans probably dont even care for all that much.in my world that blows your theory out of the water,this guy speaks of a legend as if he should be treated like vanilla ice or some ish

I swear on everything the new Lauryn Hill song Neurotic Society killing your favorite rapper.

didnt eem see this earlier but wow! i got one of my boys here right now who thinks omarion has been a powerhouse vocalist since b2k and also claims lil zane is not only a good rapper but was better than tupac religiously, and when i showed him this comment he started naming radio hits that real nas fans probably dont even care for all that much.in my world that blows your theory out of the water,this guy speaks of a legend as if he should be treated like vanilla ice or some ish

I hope you feel stupid when you realize that I was being sarcastic.

yo, what?

Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is flawless.

She set the bar ridiculously high after Miseducation. It was literally impossible for her to top that effort.
That's the best album I've ever heard. She can never be overrated on the strength of that release alone.

Back
Top Bottom