Why the hell is cologne SO damn expensive?!

Originally Posted by Al Audi

OP i dunno but this is what i currently wear

_5316317.jpg

i had no intention of buyin cologne that day, my girl was shoppin an i started randomly smelling colognes................i had to cop.

the ladies love it, its like a damn pheromone

This.

This has been my go-to for two years now.

OP, i feel you on the price of cologne, especially when you get to the more name brand ones. after all, it's only some god damn water and chemicals. buthey, you pay for that name brand scent. whether you believe it or not, there is a difference between rite aid cologne and those found at nordstrom.

i'd recommend checking out http://www.scentiments.com/, they got some great deals on big-name cologne brands andhave great shipping times.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

EBAY, Craigslist, or if you are in the hood catch someone that is illegally selling it.

Or just convert to body oils. Much cheaper. Same effect.

For every cologne, there is an exact replica body oil out there. You need to invest in body oils. Deeper scent

What's the difference between the 2?

Originally Posted by raptors29

EBAY, Craigslist, or if you are in the hood catch someone that is illegally selling it.

For every cologne, there is an exact replica body oil out there. You need to invest in body oils. Deeper scent

We comparing oil to water? Oils evaporate slower, while also being absorbed by the skin better and longer, thus retaining scent longer.

OP just wanted to vemt a bit, i actually agree with him. cologne is really expensive. I go through cologne pretty quickly, 2 bottles will cost you 120+... toexpensive.. i guess im cheap and poor to.. and then ou all call him cheap and poor.. smh..

OP i dunno but this is what i currently wear

_5316317.jpg

i had no intention of buyin cologne that day, my girl was shoppin an i started randomly smelling colognes................i had to cop.

the ladies love it, its like a damn pheromone
YES SAH!

Originally Posted by II Jovo II

OP just wanted to vemt a bit, i actually agree with him. cologne is really expensive. I go through cologne pretty quickly, 2 bottles will cost you 120+... to expensive.. i guess im cheap and poor to.. and then ou all call him cheap and poor.. smh..
How many pumps do you guys use to go through a bottle quick? I have a Bvlgari that I've been using for a long time now and it's stillpretty full. I just spray two pumps on the wrist and smear them against each other. You want a hint of the smell, not be saturated in it.

Originally Posted by wj4

OP just wanted to vemt a bit, i actually agree with him. cologne is really expensive. I go through cologne pretty quickly, 2 bottles will cost you 120+... to expensive.. i guess im cheap and poor to.. and then ou all call him cheap and poor.. smh..
How many pumps do you guys use to go through a bottle quick? I have a Bvlgari that I've been using for a long time now and it's still pretty full. I just spray two pumps on the wrist and smear them against each other. You want a hint of the smell, not be saturated in it.
sick.gif

hes that guy that does 5 sprays each armpit antoher 5 under the chin then a another 5 down below.

ya wonder why its gone so fast?

sick.gif

hes that guy that does 5 sprays each armpit antoher 5 under the chin then a another 5 down below.

ya wonder why its gone so fast?
The same way cologne can make a female be like "Daaaamn
pimp.gif
"

It can just as easily make her say...

All you really need is a little bit on both wrists and a little on your neck. Rub them in a little and body heat does the rest...

You got it Al Audi, i'm that guy Edit: I usually spray cologne all over myself. It would be about 4-6 sprays if i had to guess.

You got it Al Audi, i'm that guy Edit: I usually spray cologne all over myself. It would be about 4-6 sprays if i had to guess.
If you're spraying it on your clothes, your wasting money b.

I learned that from the old guys.

You gotta put it on your body, especially parts you can easily rub to create heat and make the smell come off on it's own.

laugh.gif

man 2-3 tops is all anybody needs id guess

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

...I stopped wearing cologne everday

same here
i wore burberry weekend everyday for like a month or so and it was gone in an instant
never again will i waste good cologne again
smh.gif

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

Originally Posted by raptors29

We comparing oil to water? Oils evaporate slower, while also being absorbed by the skin better and longer, thus retaining scent longer.

Not to mention that any popular COlogne out there has a Body Oil Alternative out there as well. Smells EXACTLY the same for 5% of the price.

I am not sure that scents can be patented so it is a free market really.

eh i mean its cool as long as they last long..

supplements are more of a money concern to me.. i use 4 diff types.. lol

i started wearing my dior cologne everyday.. cost me like 110.. smelled awesome though.. ran out so fast
frown.gif

Originally Posted by QueensFinest101

supplements are more of a money concern to me.. i use 4 diff types.. lol
Preach.
smh.gif

A month's supply of vitamins, protein, NO, and creatine can easily come around to $200+ minimum.

And that's just the basic stuff most people get....not even including other stuff a lot of people tend to experiment with.

laugh.gif

man 2-3 tops is all anybody needs id guess
laugh.gif
dudes drowning in it

here's an older pic of my collection

20g1htc.jpg

might sell some soon, some i don't wear

heres a tip i learned from the broads from Nordstroms..spray your cologne on your skin after lotion is applied, the scent will last longer

I don't like it that they rarely go on sale and are always excluded from coupon discounts, especially the best ones.
The ones I like doesn't even offer any free bag or earphones or anything complimentary.

I'll be getting JV Vintage and Rock.

I only wear it for a special occasion or when I go out to a club or bar where I know I'm going to be trying to scoop a girl. Otherwise I have just gooddeodorant. The Nivea liquid ones are the best.

Back
Top Bottom