[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

if phil is gone i d want jeff van gundy to take over. guy deserves another crack at a title...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

if phil is gone i d want jeff van gundy to take over. guy deserves another crack at a title...

e71269845ae49fcf57c6b14f75349f14f81d1e0a.jpg

if phil leaves they will probably call byron scott and brian shaw needs more experience after he takes over.

I like him a lot but am concerned his abrasive style would wear down the team that is so use to the lax style of Phil...he would probably get the team to be more consistent on defense which would be welcomed though.

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

where would farmar go tho not a lot of teams are looking for starting point guards
The only teams I see needing a starter are the Pacers (if they've given up on Ford), Knicks, and Heat (if Chalmers plays like he did this past season).

Oh no, can you imagine, him and Kobe will bump heads so many times.  I can just see it. 

Bring in Byron or promote Shaw. 

if phil retires. B. Scott or B. Shaw would be good

let Farmar go and sign Steve Blake

F! Van Gundy.... we dont need that bum.

Scott on the other hand
pimp.gif

he is calm yet still productuve and preeches defense. im so used to Phil being calm, that when were losing im still calm knowing he knows what to do. Jeff would be runing around.

i also doubt they would not want to run the triangle anyomre. Kobe in the triangle is win, or anyone of that matter

If Phil goes, the TRIANGLE offense stays in place so promote from within the Laker organization. Brian Shaw is a logical replacement or Jim Clemons.

We all saw what happen when they tried to bring in a new system, Rudy T's offense, in 2004. Isolate Kobe and let him score which led to the Lakers being a lottery team.

LO said he plans on playing more small forward next year, which means the Lakers will probably sign a legit back up for Pau/Bynum so that Odom can play SF more.

To add to my post above,

NO to Morrison, Powell, and Mbenga

YES to SBrown.

YES to Kurt Thomas.

Bynum/KThomas
Pau/KThomas/LO
Artest/LO/Walton
Kobe/Sasha/Brown
Fisher/Watson/Brown

Keep in mind that BScott played the Triangle offense in NOLA.

I bet Cleveland has him give them an answer before next week bc they know thats when Phil will make his decision.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I NaSmatic I wrote:

What do you guys think about Delonte West being brought in? I heard he might get bought out this summer (partially guaranteed contract). He's a pretty good fit in the triangle given his size and shooting ability. Also a solid defender from what I've seen. He has his issues with the gun charges, bipolar disorder and rumored relatinship with LeBron's mom but I think Phil and Kobe could control him. And let's be real, the trio of West, Odom and Artest for an entire season would be too good to pass up.
laugh.gif

Pass on West.  We're stretching our limits if we start tipping the balance of crazies and solid vets. 

Besides that, I have never been enamored with West's game.  And he was never enough to help Bron, the hell with riskin him ghosting again for us. 

I don't think he can create his own shot well, and I don't think he's that good of a shooter to spot up or anything.   I honestly wouldn't take him over Sasha.  Dead serious.  Now if he's cheap, and we were making a deal, say getting rid of Walton's deal or something, that's one thing, but just to sign him and have him as a rotation 7-8-9 type guy, I'd pass.  11-12 type guy for a mill a season, eh, ok.  But that's it. 

I'm not a Delonte West fan or anything, but when I've watched a Cleveland game this year, Delonte knocked
down that midrange shot really consistently. Knows how to create space from the defender.

If he wasn't so off mentally, I would be more open to bringing him in.

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Phil said he'd make his decision before the draft right?, I thought I read that somewhere
he said before June  27th.

im sure he has doctors appointments and tests before that date.  he said it after game 7

If Phil doesn't come back I'd be torn between wanting Byron or Shaw coaching. Byron's been able to take teams to the Finals, but he has a history of losing teams. Brian hasn't led a team, but he's been around forever, he is well liked by the team.

Hopefully Phil sticks around. I think he will, at least.

Lakers consider pursuing Bell

The Los Angeles Lakers and guard Raja Bell will enter free agency with a strong mutual interest to reach agreement on a deal, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Kobe Bryant has become a strong advocate for Bell, a former nemesis. After missing most of the season with surgery to repair ligaments in his non-shooting wrist, Bell is still expected to be a coveted bench player among contending teams. He could give the Lakers another strong perimeter defender and a solid outside shooting threat.

Bell, 33, was dealt to the Golden State Warriors in November as part of the Stephen Jackson trade with the Charlotte Bobcats. Bell missed all but six games last season.

Bell famously dropped Bryant with a clothesline foul in the 2006 playoffs, but the two developed a mutual respect and bond. Bell was ejected and suspended a game for the foul, and complained about Bryant’s tactics in the postgame news conference.

“It’s a personal thing when someone continually hits you in the face,

doesnt byron scott have a history of rubbing teams the wrong way though and wearing out his welcome? just because he was a former laker lets not let that cloud our judgement...

really though can you imagine this team with a legit bench?? odom and a couple vets and a couple young guys?? man, i cant wait for next season..

[h6]This is why Kobe gets my respect. Who thinks to do this?

[h1]In Defeating Celtics, Bryant Relied on a Son of Boston[/h1][h6]By JONATHAN ABRAMS[/h6][h6]Published: June 19, 2010[/h6]

LOS ANGELES — Mike Procopio grew up near the old Boston Garden, close enough to view the iconic building from his living-room window along the city’s West End. With basketball in his heart, but not in his genes, he lived the dream of many Boston children by working his way up to become part of the Celtics eight years ago.
[/h6]
Procopio, who joined the Celtics as a scout, still ingests more Celtics basketball than nearly anyone, although his loyalty can be debated. He spent the postseason watching, editing and analyzing game footage with Kobe Bryant. Throughout the postseason and particularly in the finals, Procopio delivered Bryant scouting reports through meetings, late-night e-mail messages and phone calls.

“I sort of felt like Matt Damon in ‘The Departed’ a little bit,

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Lakers consider pursuing Bell

The Los Angeles Lakers and guard Raja Bell will enter free agency with a strong mutual interest to reach agreement on a deal, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Kobe Bryant has become a strong advocate for Bell, a former nemesis. After missing most of the season with surgery to repair ligaments in his non-shooting wrist, Bell is still expected to be a coveted bench player among contending teams. He could give the Lakers another strong perimeter defender and a solid outside shooting threat.

Bell, 33, was dealt to the Golden State Warriors in November as part of the Stephen Jackson trade with the Charlotte Bobcats. Bell missed all but six games last season.

Bell famously dropped Bryant with a clothesline foul in the 2006 playoffs, but the two developed a mutual respect and bond. Bell was ejected and suspended a game for the foul, and complained about Bryant’s tactics in the postgame news conference.

“It’s a personal thing when someone continually hits you in the face,

I'm gonna pass on raja bell and ray allen

Anyone know where i can get pictures from the night that we won the championship? Like pictures of guys holdin the trphies and sprayin champagne in the locker room. Last year, a few people posted tons of pics of that, but I don't see any this year

Back
Top Bottom