[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

I'm gonna pass on raja bell and ray allen

Anyone know where i can get pictures from the night that we won the championship? Like pictures of guys holdin the trphies and sprayin champagne in the locker room. Last year, a few people posted tons of pics of that, but I don't see any this year

Was gonna ask for the same thing.  Haven't seen any great photos yet really.

Lamar saying he plans on playing more SF means the Lakers must be actively pursuing a back up center so that he doesnt have to be the first one off the bench when Bynum sits down. Thats a good sign.

Hopefully we can get an Oberto or Kurt Thomas type that comes in and gives us solid minutes for Bynum.

How sad do you think Ariza is now that the Lakers are champs again...especially to beat Boston in a game 7, a once in a lifetime chance.

He let his agent put things in his ear and it bit him in the butt.

Have fun being on a losing squad Trevor, thank your agent for that.

I wish he woulda signed a 1 year deal with Houston, now he could have signed with the Lakers again.

I think this has been posted already, but anyway

Tracy McGrady would like to sign with the 2010 NBA champion Lakers, and has forwarded that sentiment to his agent and close colleagues, according to sources within the Lakers' front office.

Tracy McGrady, a perennial All-Star and two-time NBA Scoring champion, has undergone a significant hit to his reputation after failed stints in Toronto, Orlando, and Houston. To date, McGrady has not gone past the first-round in the NBA playoffs.

After having battled various knee and back injuries in the past couple years, Tracy McGrady has been working himself back into shape under the strenuous regimen of esteemed athletic trainer Tim Grover. Now that he has finished his physical rehabilitation program, McGrady is feeling rejuvenated enough to make a return in the 2010-2011 NBA season.

Despite having limited intentions to use the Mid-Level Exception this summer, Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak would consider pulling the trigger on the seven-time All-Star swingman should he accept a paycut at the MLE. Ron Artest, the defensive-minded role player who played a huge factor in this year's Lakers-Celtics NBA Finals, has reached out to McGrady to "end his career as a champion."

The Lakers are willing to explore a potential reunion of former Houston teammates Ron Artest and Tracy McGrady once the July 1 free agency begins.

In Los Angeles, Tracy McGrady would be asked to come off the bench as a role player, similar to what Lakers' forward Lamar Odom has done in the past two seasons. McGrady would provide the Lakers' bench unit with some offensive firepower and stability, and be another deadly weapon in the already loaded Lakers' arsenal.

Most importantly, the acquisition of Tracy McGrady would address the important need for a secondary slasher besides Kobe Bryant. As advocated by Laker great Jerry West, "I think they do need some changes. If you look, they have some free agents that are coming up but the thing that would most concern me is I think they need someone else other than Kobe Bryant getting in the lane."

Moreover, unlike former teams in which he was asked to carry the team throughout the entire season, Tracy McGrady understands that a potential role with the Lakers would not require such an emotionally draining position of leadership. McGrady has tremendous respect for the reigning Finals MVP Kobe Bryant, and has made it known that he would gladly accept a lesser role to play alongside whom he considers the best basketball player in the world.

As expressed by one high-ranked official within the Lakers' management, should Tracy McGrady not return to the New York Knicks next season or spurn retirement, "expect the deal to get done by end of July.

smh.gif
Ring chasing by vets...sounds like 2004 all over again

Looking at the potential centers on the market:

Brad Miller would fit in the triangle perfectly but he wouldn't get more than 10 minutes a game (until Andrew's yearly injury takes place).

Tony Battie could fit as a backup. He can step out to hit jump shots and can play some PF too.

Theo Ratliff would basically be a 37 year old version of DJ Mbenga.

Jermaine O'Neal would want more minutes than what is available and he looked horrible in the playoffs.

RB can hit that 3 and he will make alot considering all the double teams, good defense and thats pretty much all we need him for.

a good 20-25 minutes. i just cant see him as a Laker tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

I'm gonna pass on raja bell and ray allen

Anyone know where i can get pictures from the night that we won the championship? Like pictures of guys holdin the trphies and sprayin champagne in the locker room. Last year, a few people posted tons of pics of that, but I don't see any this year

Was gonna ask for the same thing.  Haven't seen any great photos yet really.

here you guys go, nuff said.

DJ Mbenga and Adam Morrison have more rings than KG, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce.
laugh.gif

I say sign McGrady only if he wants to sign for Vet minimun, NOT THE MLE. I know he wont take it but worth a shot to low-ball him. I dont know about him at MLE, thats kind of risky. I dont trust him. Besides, we need DEFENSE.

What do you guys think of the possibilities of bringing Shaq back as a Laker for the MLE to back Bynum up?

IMO no other better way for him to end his career than with the team he did best on. As much beef as he had with Kobe, he knows it's Kobe's team, 2 rings without him, he has a chance to win one more before he retires and end it with the Laker franchise since no other team will want to retire his jersey.

Would be nice having a new stronger/bigger starting PG for Fisher. I don't think he'd be good for us starting all 82 games at his age. I'd love for Fish to just play around 25 minutes and close out the 4th quarters for us so we can use him come playoff time.

Kobe, Fisher, Odom, Artest, Bynum, Gasol and a new younger PG/Shaq wouldn't be bad imo. Along with Sasha getting more PT

the hell do we need Shaq for. i dont think anyone wnats that bum taking Pau's shots and clogging up his lane.

If he does come back he's going to praise Kobe, say some stupid crap about a 3-peat in which de didnt help with these last two.

Shaq, Raja, Iverson, McGrady talk has Malone, Payton, Aaron Mckie, J.R. Rider written all over it. The hell is goin on in here!

Id welcome Brad miller as a backup, his passing out of the triangle would be
pimp.gif
, can knock down the occasional 15ft jumper, and he defends his position well enough

I'd love to contribute to the off-season talk, but...I've been thinking.

Are we really getting jipped again from getting the Championship Bluray this year? I remember the bluray was up for order online last year, then became unavailable all of a sudden.

I wouldn't mind Brad Miller but as far as guards, bring back Shannon and Fish, let Farmar roll along with Powell and Mbenga too... 
What about trying to go after Ray Allen if the C's don't want him. A pure shooter that can still play D and let Kobe guard the PG's.

We need a couple pure shooters and best case would be Brad Miller (who has 3pt range) and Ray Allen..

If we can't get those 2, we could go for the generic versions maybe Matt Bonner and JJ Redick.. It would be nice if we had a big 

that can stretch the D and shoot 3's and if we pick up a guard he needs to be a deadly 3pt shooter..

Starting

PG - Kobe Bryant

SG - Ray Allen

SF - Ron Artest

PF - Pau Gasol

C - Andrew Bynum

Bench

PG - Derek Fisher & Shannon Brown

SG - Sasha Vujacic & Shannon Brown

SF - Lamar Odom & Luke Walton

PF - Lamar Odom & Brad Miller

C - Brad Miller

or

Starting

PG - JJ Redick

SG - Kobe Bryant

SF - Ron Artest

PF - Pau Gasol

C - Andrew Bynum

Bench

PG - Derek Fisher & Shannon Brown

SG - Sasha Vujacic & Shannon Brown

SF - Lamar Odom & Luke Walton

PF - Lamar Odom & Matt Bonner

C - Matt Bonner

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

RB can hit that 3 and he will make alot considering all the double teams, good defense and thats pretty much all we need him for.

a good 20-25 minutes. i just cant see him as a Laker tho
laugh.gif

come on now lets not get zodogg syndrome here where hated players arent welcomed on your team
laugh.gif

raja bell is what the lakers need. good defender and money from 3.

as for tmac i dunno about that. he sucks at shooting but he is a great playmaker and can still get to the hoop...............if he wanted to. also his defense SUCKS. if its tmac the slasher, then i wouldnt mind. if its tmac the shooter then NO

What's yalls ideal(realistic) off season moves for the team this year

Here's mine

-resign fish

-sign mike miller

-shannon picks up his option

-and try and get atleast 2 of these players for the low (steve blake, tmac, raja, brad miller)

That'd leave us with

PG- Fish/Blake/brown

SG- kobe/mike miller/brown/sasha

SF- ron/lamar/mike miller/luke

PF- pau/brad miller/lamar

C- drew/pau/brad miller

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

imo, bell is a stretch. McGrady is also a stretch, but a risk worth taking if he accepts the veterans minimum, or maybe a little more. Brad Miller...hmm, would have to think about that one, but if hes cheap why not?

Mike Miller? Yes, Yes, Yes! Would fit in perfectly imo.

As far as coaching...obviously Phil is 1st in my book, as well as most of ours...but if he just so happens to leave, id like to see Byron have a shot at it will Shaw gains a couple more years of experience.

I guess were all pretty spoiled right now... We're back to back champs and believe it or not, things are still looking up for us.
smokin.gif

Now how many professional sports franchises can truly say that? Not very many. Enjoy it guys, we're the champs...no need to rush all of our opinions, especially when they are mostly on old, washed players
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Take a little break from trying to analyze the free agent class for at least a few more days guys, give your minds some rest. 
tongue.gif
[/color]the players werent the only ones stressing throughout the long season...their NT fanbase was sweating bullets throughout the whole thing too. 
laugh.gif

Gotta love the Laker Nation, at least the real non-bandwagonny one.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

What's yalls ideal(realistic) off season moves for the team this year

Here's mine

-resign fish

-sign mike miller

-shannon picks up his option

-and try and get atleast 2 of these players for the low (steve blake,  brad miller)

That'd leave us with

PG- Fish/Blake/brown

SG- kobe/mike miller/brown/sasha

SF- ron/lamar/mike miller/luke

PF- pau/brad miller/lamar

C- drew/pau/brad miller

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Sounds good to me! I honestly wouldn't mind getting Brad Miller & Steve blake at the point.  And i've been wanting the Lakers to get Mike Miller for a while now.  but
laugh.gif
at all the additions i want this offseason being pure white dudes lul

realistically, we could probably only land 2 of those guys.  So Mike Miller & Blake,

damn, our bench improves dramatically just with those 2 pick ups. If we got all 3 of those white dudes
eek.gif
laugh.gif

btw, my ideal starting PG is Kirk. I'd love for the Lakers to somehow land him, with fish still giving us 20-25 minutes

EDIT:
eek.gif
laugh.gif

dude nuclear bombed this thread early!
roll.gif

I think I would like to see Brad Miller and Steve Blake or JJ Redick. I don't know how I feel about Mike Miller anymore. What is JJ's defense like?

no to tmac

yes to raja or mike miller
yes to brad miller

i read on the espn ticker phils daughter says she thinks hes done

hopefully phil stays and goes for that 3peat...i say jeanie needs to talk to him
devil.gif
laugh.gif

if not im ok with either b.scott or shaw

Back
Top Bottom