Worst sleep paralysis episode of my life last night

Y'all ever hear of sleep paralysis? It's been happening to me since I was a kid. Now, at the mature age of 22, I finally decided to do a little research a few months ago and see what was (hoping I wasn't a mental patient). Finally, I discovered sleep paralysis. The symptoms to my late night episodes were parallel.

Last night was the worst one I've ever had in my life. I woke up in my bed, facing up, unable to move whatsoever. Your whole body becomes paralyzed. There is always (at least for me) a very scary, eerie sense within the room I am sleeping in. It feels like a demon/evil spirit is sitting on top of your chest, trying to hurt you.

Last night's was so bad. It seemed like it lasted ten minutes but it was probably 60 seconds. After about 30 seconds of panicking, sweating, trying to yell for help/move (but was unable to do either), I literally took a deep breath and said to myself..."I'm gonna count to 3 and throw my body in the air with as much force as I can" in order to get the demon off of me. I count to 3, gave it everything I got and still wasn't able to move. After the episode was over I got the !@#$ out of bed and slept on the couch in the light:lol: :lol: :lol:

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Or even know what I am talking about? I want to know how common this is.

P.S. This happened after I awoke from a dream which I saw my deceased grandfather, I don't know if that could have had anything to do with this one. But my prior episodes had nothing to do with deceased loved ones.

I'm ready to get flamed for being a mental patient >D :lol:

Happened to me last night... Been having these episodes for about 7 years and they are usually a result of irregular sleep patterns. I get the eerie feeling like someone is in my room but I never feel anything on my chest though

I've had them as a kid...not in recent memory though. Always saw the shadows on my wall dancing and looking like people :frown: :frown:

Not as crazy as you make it sound, there have been numerous threads on sleep paralysis by NT members over the recent months.

Yeah, this has been discussed a few times on here. I also remember people talking about seeing a shadowy figure (or something to that effect) when this happens.

yeah it happens to me also, i blame it on my very uncommon sleep times, you just gotta give in and let them pass...i hate it that everytime this happens to me im alone..

It used to happen more frequently when I worked out a lot. It feels like your muscles are asleep but your brain is awake giving commands that don't work.

I get em, and have always slept on my side or belly so there's never been anything on my chest, but the little "creatures" are flying around instead

Sometimes I get an image I'm in a car crash or there's a voice speaking to me saying eerie gibberish

Most of the time I find myself just waking up kicking the air lol

I usually get them after exhausting days, and end up falling asleep REAL late. I had an episode about two weeks ago. It was the weirdest one to date because I felt like I was sinking deep into my bed, and felt as if something was clawing into my back and sides. It kind of hurt. Usually I'm not phased by these events, but I was dead scared during the last occurrence.

Has happened to me before.

Woke up to my friend walking in my room with an evil look on her face, said nothing after I asked her who let her in. She skipped places like a scene out of 'The Ring' and began to choke me. After struggling I finally was able to get up. One of the craziest experiences ever.

Happened to me ONE time and that was not too long after I did heavy research on it.

So yeah.. *exits thread*

Happens to me often.
But I was actually trying to induce it so that i could enter a lucid dream.
It happened to me this past Tuesday. Had a crazy dream and my brain woke up but my body was still asleep.
I realized this and tried to enter a lucid dream but instead I woke up.
Doesn't really scare me now knowing that it's quite normal to hear and see things.

Never experienced it personally but my friend has vividly described it to me and he also said there is like a demon in the room wih him as in the room is not empty even tho he has his own bedroom, he says his are stress related tho

Happened to me twice last year. The second time scared the hell out of me.

Fell asleep on my side with my hands under my pillow but in front of my head, and I 'woke up' at 8:07 to someone walking up my stairs. I remember seeing my clock. My door was open, which it shouldn't have been, and something shadowy was walking towards me. Thought it was my friend since a few of them can get into my house, but I couldnt move or speak, so I knew it was paralysis. I just closed my eyes to go back to sleep. Then the shadow held my hands, under the pillow. That's when I freaked and just started trying to move any part of my body I could. Ended up twitching my thumb after some struggle, woke up, then threw a punch into my dresser next to my bed. My clock still said 8:07 am, and my door was closed.

Ever since that experience I've hated walking through my house late at night.

Has happened to me before.
Woke up to my friend walking in my room with an evil look on her face, said nothing after I asked her who let her in. She skipped places like a scene out of 'The Ring' and began to choke me. After struggling I finally was able to get up. One of the craziest experiences ever.
That was an exorcism not sleep paralysis.

Last edited:
It only happens to me when im really really tired, its like my body falls asleep before my brain does
usually to get out of it i just wiggle my hand around and try to like punch out which wakes the rest of my body up

It happened to me several times too. I realize that if I can wiggle my toes and fingers it accelerates the feeling of regaining movement to your limbs back

Just had my first one the other night actually. It went along with the lucid dream I had where I realized I was dreaming and starting manipulating the world around me. When I "woke up" I felt the same way. Luckily I manage to realize what was going on due to my psychology classes and random TV watching. I just closed my eyes again and promptly fell asleep.

Back
Top Bottom