Would Reformatting My Laptop Give Me My Disk Space Back

yea its free and it works for any laptop or pc
and when you delete the system restore files it will give you a lot of space beacause youre deleting ghost files

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by oidreez

yea i would get an external hard drive and move the big files to it
It's not even that really, I mean yeah ok 30 gigs of music slows it down, but that's all else I have on here plus the stock programs.

but if you reformat it where are you gonna put your music?
I figured I would transfer it to my external then transfer it back after the reformat.

wait hold on. i think you need to learn a little bit before you start doing anything. do you know what reformatting is? you realize its going to delete everything you have on your computer and put just the operating system back on right? if the purpose of you reformatting is to get back hard drive space why are you going to move your data to an external drive, reformat and move the stuff back on. you'll be right back where you are right now will no hard drive space left....
Because that would give me 30 gigs back after I put my music back on my laptop. I wanna get rid of all that useless crap that's on here killing all my memory.
lol, no it wont. the 30 gigs is the stock programs that are on your laptop after you reformat it. like flipnkraut said, your going right back to where you started.

Back
Top Bottom