X-Men:First Class Thread (First leaked Pic)

Originally Posted by FullMetal

i thought the movie was trash, but my friends really liked it. I think anyone with knowledge of the X-Men comics/cartoons will not like the movie, but others seem to enjoy it a lot. I also thought there was a lot of corny scenes. Did anyone else feel like the kiss between charles and the cia agent was the most random thing? didnt seem like there was any romantic build-up between them at all throughout the entire movie but they kiss in the end.

funny how you say that but don't know one of Prof. X's main love interests...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by xtianp

i thought the movie was trash, but my friends really liked it. I think anyone with knowledge of the X-Men comics/cartoons will not like the movie, but others seem to enjoy it a lot. I also thought there was a lot of corny scenes. Did anyone else feel like the kiss between charles and the cia agent was the most random thing? didnt seem like there was any romantic build-up between them at all throughout the entire movie but they kiss in the end.

grin.gif

that statement you highlighted pretty much confirms that if you don't go in with an open mind and enjoy the movie for what it is, you're just gonna be salty.  I don't think I've ever heard a dude's main complaint be about "lack of magic" in a kiss at the end of a movie
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif

that statement you highlighted pretty much confirms that if you don't go in with an open mind and enjoy the movie for what it is, you're just gonna be salty.  I don't think I've ever heard a dude's main complaint be about "lack of magic" in a kiss at the end of a movie
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

The movie did have it's fair share of weak scenes, I blame that on the rush shooting schedule of the film, with more time they might have been able to iron out those problems.

I have good knowledge of the comics, cartoons, and history and I loved the movie. I can separate the source material from a movie and when filmmakers take liberties or change the work in a positive way... I'm not as upset. The bigger problems is with the X-Men movie franchise timeline, because there's inconsistencies with the prior trilogy and this film... which is more of a problem in my mind than changing the original material.

On it's own this was a quality movie, I think a sequel would deliver a truly all-time great superhero movie.

The movie did have it's fair share of weak scenes, I blame that on the rush shooting schedule of the film, with more time they might have been able to iron out those problems.

I have good knowledge of the comics, cartoons, and history and I loved the movie. I can separate the source material from a movie and when filmmakers take liberties or change the work in a positive way... I'm not as upset. The bigger problems is with the X-Men movie franchise timeline, because there's inconsistencies with the prior trilogy and this film... which is more of a problem in my mind than changing the original material.

On it's own this was a quality movie, I think a sequel would deliver a truly all-time great superhero movie.

You pretty much have to take the movies as their own universe. They make these movies to appeal to hardcore fans and casual moviegoers alike.

With that said, I thought this movie was awesome. They really did Magneto justice and the cameos from the old movies were really well done.

You pretty much have to take the movies as their own universe. They make these movies to appeal to hardcore fans and casual moviegoers alike.

With that said, I thought this movie was awesome. They really did Magneto justice and the cameos from the old movies were really well done.

Watching as we speak and of course Zoe looked great...

but I developed a huge crush on Jennifer Lawrence during this, she got a faaaaatty.

Watching as we speak and of course Zoe looked great...

but I developed a huge crush on Jennifer Lawrence during this, she got a faaaaatty.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

grin.gif

I don't think I've ever heard a dude's main complaint be about "lack of magic" in a kiss at the end of a movie
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
hey after hearing another dude call out another dude on niketalk for having thunder thighs nothing surprises me anymore
roll.gif

grin.gif

I don't think I've ever heard a dude's main complaint be about "lack of magic" in a kiss at the end of a movie
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
hey after hearing another dude call out another dude on niketalk for having thunder thighs nothing surprises me anymore
roll.gif

If you want to laugh go back and read pg 1 of this thread....gotta admit, I thought this movie was gonna be trash too, but I loved it

If you want to laugh go back and read pg 1 of this thread....gotta admit, I thought this movie was gonna be trash too, but I loved it

grin.gif

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Word. First off, dudes is grown now, that whole not being true argument should've went away with the power rangers sheets, cut that comic book guy @+$! out. At this point it should just be good/bad.  And if you're so into comics you know there are endless stories and alternate timelines for any given character, mostly popular and again judged by good or bad.  So why be toolerific and treat this @+$! differently when it's the same?  For %+!%@ sake dude you referenced the cartoon, how can you not get it after that?

grin.gif

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Word. First off, dudes is grown now, that whole not being true argument should've went away with the power rangers sheets, cut that comic book guy @+$! out. At this point it should just be good/bad.  And if you're so into comics you know there are endless stories and alternate timelines for any given character, mostly popular and again judged by good or bad.  So why be toolerific and treat this @+$! differently when it's the same?  For %+!%@ sake dude you referenced the cartoon, how can you not get it after that?

Originally Posted by Parker Peterson

Originally Posted by Big J 33

How many times must it be mentioned? Him saying slaves and the camera focusing on Darwin made perfect sense within the context of the scene... It wasn't racist or insulting or anything like that. He was comparing the possible enslavement of the mutants to slavery in the United States and in that moment was appealing directly to a black character.

I agree. Did you guys kind of get a Malcolm X and MLK vibe from Magneto and Prof X? I definitely saw a little bit of MLK in Prof X with the "we can live in peace and they can accept us" kinda thing while Magneto had the more Malcolm attitude of "we don't need to be accepted, we should be independent and proud of who we are are". Just my two cents after taking an African American History class.

Ps. Killing Darwin, when he could possibly have  the most beneficial power. C'mon man. And having Angel start out as stripper and turn to the "bad" side. SMH

X-Men was inspired by the Civil Rights Movement.

Originally Posted by Parker Peterson

Originally Posted by Big J 33

How many times must it be mentioned? Him saying slaves and the camera focusing on Darwin made perfect sense within the context of the scene... It wasn't racist or insulting or anything like that. He was comparing the possible enslavement of the mutants to slavery in the United States and in that moment was appealing directly to a black character.

I agree. Did you guys kind of get a Malcolm X and MLK vibe from Magneto and Prof X? I definitely saw a little bit of MLK in Prof X with the "we can live in peace and they can accept us" kinda thing while Magneto had the more Malcolm attitude of "we don't need to be accepted, we should be independent and proud of who we are are". Just my two cents after taking an African American History class.

Ps. Killing Darwin, when he could possibly have  the most beneficial power. C'mon man. And having Angel start out as stripper and turn to the "bad" side. SMH

X-Men was inspired by the Civil Rights Movement.

Back
Top Bottom