Yesterday my parents decide to tell me that I am adopted. I'm 21!!!!

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

this reminds me of that episode of Smart Guy where Mo is turning like 17 or 18 and he finds out his parents adopted him.

That's the first thing I thought of when I read the title.

004553_6.jpg

"I just found out I was adopted last night."

Kudos to whoever gets that one
laugh.gif

I dont even know what to say to this. Its easy to say how you should look at it/feel when your on the outside looking in.

damn sounds like youre prolly goin through some things... but just remember they are the only family youve known right? and have they ever done wrong? Theyraised you into a man and thats what families do.. don't worry much about things you cant control like biological parents those r youre real parents as faras you ever knew. good luck man hope you aite

these people loved you as if you were one of their own, with no relation whatsoever.

hell, i've got people that i'm related too that i wish i wasn't.

Originally Posted by MJsaver

IF.......

You had a good chilhood , just be glad for that.

A biological parent could easily be a piece of crap.

If your adopted parents provided a good and safe upbringing, thank them.

I'm sure you feel deceived, but you are still blesses. Think of how many kids grow up on orpanages. Think of how many irresponsible parents harm children.

Your parents stepped in and saved you from a life that could have been miserable. I agree the timing sucks, but there might be more news on the horizon.

Imagine not knowing a mother's love. That in itself is a bright spot of you being adopted.

And don't be so mad about your relatives never saying anything, they were held to secrecy by your parents. They might have not "made you" butdefinitely love you.

I pray you won't be angry about this and act differently toward your parents, especially with Mother's and Father's Days approaching.

yeah my dude I know it may be hard to understand but I believe you're blessed. It had to be tough to find out that there are two people out there whoyou've never met who brought you here.

Keep your head up man, be thankful for your family you have

wow, i wouldve had the same reaction as you. i guess they told you at this time because you'd be more mature to handle the situation. but its nice to seethat youre thankful for the situation youre in (being here in this country and going to school)

Just tell them that you love them and appreciate them, and that you need some time to digest such heavy news. Tell them that if they love you they will respectthat, and hopefully after all the news is digested you all can have a healthy conversation about it.

You have a right to be upset, it's only natural. I believe they understand that.

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

this reminds me of that episode of Smart Guy where Mo is turning like 17 or 18 and he finds out his parents adopted him.

laugh.gif
first thing I thought of in this thread!

^^yeah I don't think so. It has settled in a bit. I do not feel as upset as I was earlier. It did help to vent a bit though. I am just sitting here typingmy Senior Seminar paper sipping on a jack and coke. I will talk to my parents again tomorrow when they come up.

That's crazy. I'd only be upset about them waiting so long. At least they're telling you now though, and sounds like they are good parents.

I feel where ya coming from. You are entitled to feel that way. If your adopted parents provided you a safe, healthy upbringing, turn that frown upside down.

What ticks me off the most is that my grandparents, aunts and uncles all knew about this and acted as if everything was normal.
it's a hard situation you are in, but don't be ticked off at your family...

like you said they acted like everything was normal, treated you the same as everyone else in the family...

you got to respect that my dude. that is love

i would say good luck, but by the sound of your family you already got that.

Back
Top Bottom