yo yo yo, wassup? NYC'er going to LA in 2 weeks... what do?

Jack in the box is better than in n out though..!+##*$+ overrated and overhyped.

Depending on your cash flow, I love Boa's Steakhouse. They have a really good filet. Philippe Chows is good and I also agree with hitting up In and Out Burger. Personally, I think Roscoe's is overrated. If you wanna go just to say you went then cool, but I wasn't impressed with the food at all. Hit up the Beverly Center and Melrose for sure. I also like Sunset Tower Hotel. Hollywood Blvd. is SUPER Touristy so expect huge groups, but it can still be fun to go. Hit up Hollywood and Highland if you go up that way. Definitely go to Venice Beach. Good restaurants down there as well and it's pretty laid back and chill. Also, Santa Monica Pier. Also, if there are any movie premieres are happening while you're here, it's fun to go out to the red carpets and get pictures of the celebs. Also co-sign LA Live, Griffith Observatory and The Grove.

Originally Posted by jcmojica24

How you guys think Jack in the Box is better than In-N-Out is beyond me

This! And if you like chili burgers hit up Tommy's but make sure it's actually Tommy's not Tomy's or Tony's because there are a few fake places trying to trick tourists with
sick.gif
 food. Also the Beverly Center is really overrated, but Fairfax is great and so's Beverly Hills retail district/ Golden triangle (if you're rich). Really dope place to just walk around lots to see and a nice mix of chains (Niketown, Neiman Marcus etc) and small boutiques. Plus you see some crazy cars driving around talking Ferraris, Lambos ,Buggatis, Bentleys on the reg. Universal Studios is pretty cool if you haven't been and just a tip if you go to West Hollywood by yourself prepare to get hit on by dudes 
laugh.gif

I'll post some pics when I have time, but I was dropping off a friend in Inglewood and we stopped at Fat Burger. Even that those burgers deserve more merit than In N Out, In N Out tastes like white people made it and that's bad considering I'm white 
laugh.gif
. Dry tasteless ground beef and greasy fries, the milkshakes are awesome though.

its cause ya cali ppl dont know about a good burger..

put a WhatABurger in cali and its a wrap for in n out.

northern california checking in and i've been sayin in n out is wack

i can name 10 better spots in the bay.. hell, i'd rather go to wendy's before i hit up a in n out (srs)

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

I didn't realize you had to be non-white to make a good burger. Smh

Me neither until I tasted In N Out, Jack In the Box and Carls Jr have more taste than In N Out. ...ask Kim Kardashian she never puts meat in her mouth that tastes like white people made it.

Bonus
wink.gif
Spoiler [+]

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

what part of town you stayin purple face?
I'm gonna be around USC.

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

there's always MacArthur Park
I heard great things about this place. I always wanted to visit the legendary pirate known as C-Note. I need to figure out my net worth and get some info on douchemarks.

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

Good food tips: http://niketalk.com/topic...2/SoCal-Food-Grub-Thread
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

Originally Posted by Levar Burton

Honestly LA doesn't make pretty women though, they're VERY hard to find out there, hard sunburned faces and women still sporting the skinny look.

tumblr_luzvlpZxru1qzcuvq.gif

You're going to be around USC?  That's da hood, son!  I was in a pre med program at USC during middle school and that was the first time I saw a Jack in the Box with a bullet proof glass inside a restaurant
laugh.gif

When are you coming, my Asian brother? 

When I was in S.F. I was at carl's Jr. all the time....love that turkey burger.

Hit up johnnyredstorm he told me he was over there right now....maybe he can help you out Purp.

If you're in Pasadena, check out the taco truck on fair oaks at night.
Carne Asada and Al Pastor- CRACK.

Go to the In N Outs near Baldwin Park, Arcadia/Alhambra, the base is in Baldwin Park, just seems better in the SGV
4x4( no tomato, grilled onions, crunch bread), Animal Style Fries, Neopolitan Shake Thank Me Later.

Shopping sucks here if you don't have money, the sales tax is 8.75 percent in LA county.

Above post says you're asian, crack boba at half and half, you call it bubble tea in NY.
Universal is a fun theme park to see, look for coke can offers.
Griffith Observatory if you're with a significant other, view is nice.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Born and raised in L.A. ( not Orange county the valley but actual L.A.) I second whoever said the streets aren't over flowing with good looking women. L.A. does not have the as many women as advertised. There are some bad ones but that's far and few between. O.P. I don't know what your trying to spend, interest or your type of crowd so I can't tell you much. L.A. is a rich mans playground or a ratchet lovers dream.

Pretty much sums it up. I dont know about few and far between tho, depends on where you're going and what kinda crowd you're looking for.
Hermosa/Manhattan is cool for a night out on the cheap. A couple of cool bars, lounges/clubs in Downtown now. Even Huntington can be fun.
The Hollywood club scene is kinda wack to me now, but it's nice to experience it at least once. They also have day clubs rt now too, like Toxic (Sat) and the Do-Over (Sun). 

Originally Posted by wj4

You're going to be around USC?  That's da hood, son!  I was in a pre med program at USC during middle school and that was the first time I saw a Jack in the Box with a bullet proof glass inside a restaurant
laugh.gif

The 22nd-26th, ai hea.

Originally Posted by Purple Face

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif

The 22nd-26th, ai hea.

555.  Give me a PM, man.  I'll try to swing by and say what's up if time permits.  Schedule is super crazy right now.

asian dude around macarthur park? be ready (kiddin). during the day time its not too bad. i got married at a spot that is adjacent to macarthur park so i had to be around there a lot for pre-wedding stuff and during the day time it seemed like any other park. if you make a stop there, it might be worth a visit to Langers deli for a pastrami sandwich. One of the best pastrami sandwiches in the city.

Just remember... in the East, we can be brothers, but when you come to LA, watch them $*+$$#%%+%%+ colors.

Also, keep then sneakers in the box if u gonna be anywhere near king blvd.
You will be asked to remove them.
Just saw a mexican kid takin off some blue dubzeros the other day.

Back
Top Bottom