You as a parent vs your parents

How much different will you raise your kids then the way your parents or parent raised you? Growing up in todays world, you know alot of things havechanged, things your parents still have no idea about. So what will be different in your household?

I would respect my kids and not be a hypocrite. I would never run my mouth about !@*! my kids did to people thas not in my family.I would let my kids maketheir own decisions so they can make some mistakes and get some experience on making good choices instead of voicing my opposition at every turn and givingthem ultimatums to make them do what I want.

i wouldnt do anything different. i act bad sometimes but at the end of the day they put great morals in me and i think im a great dude

I wont beat my kids into an oblivion...UNLESS it's extremely called for...
If I have any girls I won't lock them up like an endangered species..
I would lead by example rather than preach about something and do the exact opposite...

my moms pretty laid back but at the same time can be strict when needed but never in my life have i gotten grounded.

i think i'll be more strict on my kids. i already see some of those traits right now. as i'm pretty strict with my own dog and whenever i watch myaunts kids i'm pretty strict on them when needed.

Well I'm going to beat my kids, it seems like that's what Americas youth lacks
grin.gif

I don't really have much of a bond with my father. All he really does is give me money and complain when I do something wrong. I plan to be a lot closerand more interactive with m kids.

Originally Posted by 22stylez

my moms pretty laid back but at the same time can be strict when needed but never in my life have i gotten grounded.
Same here man.

Like flyazz said, I am not going to be a hypocrite. I'm 17, and of course have done things you're "typical teenager" has done. I'm goingto look out for my kids best interests, plain and simple. I'll be "strict" when I feel it's necessary, but I am going to let them have theirfun also.

I am only going to want the best for my kids. I'm an only child, so I guess you can say I was spoiled when I was younger, and I only hope I can provide formy kids the way my parents have for me.

My parents brought me up to be a respectable young man....but I don't know how I'm gonna raise my daughter. I want to do everything right, but I knowI'm not perfect...I'll give her the freedom to make her own decisions, but I won't just let her do any and everything she wants.

I hope I won't turn a-holeish when she gets of age to date...I have a feeling I might tho. And I also know that if she feels like she's bein'confined from the world, then she'll be mad rebellious.

I just want to do right by me and her.

hmmm...i thought of this many times, but i bet when the time comes i wont even have an idea what to do.

Originally Posted by flyazz

I would respect my kids and not be a hypocrite. I would never run my mouth about !@*! my kids did to people thas not in my family.I would let my kids make their own decisions so they can make some mistakes and get some experience on making good choices instead of voicing my opposition at every turn and giving them ultimatums to make them do what I want.
grin.gif
Pretty much explains me.

Originally Posted by flyazz

I would respect my kids and not be a hypocrite. I would never run my mouth about !@*! my kids did to people thas not in my family.I would let my kids make their own decisions so they can make some mistakes and get some experience on making good choices instead of voicing my opposition at every turn and giving them ultimatums to make them do what I want.
You will probably do everything you said you wouldn't do. You don't think your parents probably said the same thing? And their parentstoo?

Try To Be There For Them...Listen To What They Say First Before Gettin All Pissy...Never Teach Them False Truths...

Just like dude said, me and my father dont have a that kind of relationship. I mean theres nothing wrong, happy family, only one wife all that jazz but dude isjust like that and it doesnt bother me. I ask him for bread when I need it and he defintely tells me when I mess up. But talking about feelings, almost neverhappens. My relationship with my mom is the complete opposite.

BTW I don't even think about having kids and wont be having any for 10-15 years.

Im actually gonna be there for my kids.... i grew up without a mom or dad... now i have a 6 year old daughter and a 3 year old son...

Compared to my parents, I want to let my kids breathe a little and not be so strict with academics. Let them enjoy life more, while maintaining somediscipline...

Originally Posted by vasweetz

I wont beat my kids into an oblivion...UNLESS it's extremely called for...
If I have any girls I won't lock them up like an endangered species..
I would lead by example rather than preach about something and do the exact opposite...

yea pretty much what you said. my parents did a good job tho.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

You will probably do everything you said you wouldn't do. You don't think your parents probably said the same thing? And their parents too?

I wouldn't because thats not the person I am. I have plenty of little brothers and sisters so I actually think that as practice for the real thing so Iwon't contradict myself when it's game time and my decisions actually count for something. I see and understand how my parents treated me growing upand partly they did a great job but other things just can't continue when it's my turn to raise my own children because of how they treated me puts usin a situation where we don't talk like that and my friends or more or less my family than the people I stay with when I'm home from school. And thelast crazy part about it is that it seems like my friends parents understand me more than my parents could ever begin to and I don't want to be like thatwith my kids when I decide to have them
smokin.gif

I used to think my parents were so strict, but looking back on how they used to treat me, it definitely helped me grow into a pretty well rounded individual.

I'll probably be the same, my parents always supported me in what I wanted to do, they still do even to this day

My mom and dad have two very different ways of teaching me so i hope to use both of their methods to be an ultimate dad. But honestly, I just want to be therefor him.

Back
Top Bottom