707HP 2015 SRT Challenger Hemi Hellcat: update Charger

[COLOR=#red]700HP and "only" 3.5 0-60?? :lol: :lol: What a waste of power. Put 700HP and 650+ lb ft of torque in a JDM or Euro and that mofo might just take off and fly.

The M6, Audi RS7, and Merc AMG CLS63 are all as fast or faster to 60mph and getting right at 11.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile and none of them are even 600HP. What a waste, but it's cool looking.[/COLOR]

0-60 numbers are moot for the majority of average drivers unless you are consistently dragging your car. My SRT Charger is a 470hp freight train. Still fun as hell to drive.

In terms of style, performance, features and VALUE...Mopar can't lose right now. Except for that ugly *** redesigned Charger. :x My GOD they screwed that up! I was SO disappointed when I seen that oversized Dart. :rolleyes

As far as the z06 goes though that's a totally different beast. Once you add the z07 package you getting into the $100k range. Totally different demographic. Not to mention performance is much better due to weight and aerodynamics. The Corvette z06 is an American supercar hands down and not even in the same league as the Chally. Don't let hp numbers fool you in that regard.

Hellcat is gunning for Shelby and ZL1 not Audi and Mercedes. I get what you're saying as far as performance numbers go but Dodge, Chevy, and Ford are in a hp pissing match right now and Dodge just took the lead.

BTW you are absolutely right though. If I was looking in that $75-$90K price range it'd be no contest. New z06 is a work of art in every way possible.

- Preciate it.

0-60 numbers are moot for the majority of average drivers unless you are consistently dragging your car. My SRT Charger is a 470hp freight train. Still fun as hell to drive.

In terms of style, performance, features and VALUE...Mopar can't lose right now. Except for that ugly *** redesigned Charger. :x My GOD they screwed that up! I was SO disappointed when I seen that oversized Dart. :rolleyes

As far as the z06 goes though that's a totally different beast. Once you add the z07 package you getting into the $100k range. Totally different demographic. Not to mention performance is much better due to weight and aerodynamics. The Corvette z06 is an American supercar hands down and not even in the same league as the Chally. Don't let hp numbers fool you in that regard.

Hellcat is gunning for Shelby and ZL1 not Audi and Mercedes. I get what you're saying as far as performance numbers go but Dodge, Chevy, and Ford are in a hp pissing match right now and Dodge just took the lead.

BTW you are absolutely right though. If I was looking in that $75-$90K price range it'd be no contest. New z06 is a work of art in every way possible.

- Preciate it.

[COLOR=#red]take notes guys...this is how you make a post to shut a guy down. After this I have nothing more negative to say about the Hellcat or Mopar in general. Good stuff homie.[/COLOR]

700+ hp sounds nice and all...but can it turn?

I hope mopar did some serious modifications to the suspension because the current Challenger is a ******* pig.

hellcat charger spotted 
nerd.gif

[COLOR=#red]700HP and "only" 3.5 0-60?? :lol: :lol: What a waste of power. Put 700HP and 650+ lb ft of torque in a JDM or Euro and that mofo might just take off and fly.

The M6, Audi RS7, and Merc AMG CLS63 are all as fast or faster to 60mph and getting right at 11.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile and none of them are even 600HP. What a waste, but it's cool looking.[/COLOR]

- Preciate it.
View media item 1066524
View media item 1066525

I hope mopar did some serious modifications to the suspension because the current Challenger is a ******* pig.
Doesnt it share it's chassis or suspension with the 300 and the charger?

[COLOR=#red]take notes guys...this is how you make a post to shut a guy down. After this I have nothing more negative to say about the Hellcat or Mopar in general. Good stuff homie.[/COLOR]
Oh nah I wasn't trying to shut you down fam I was just saying it's hard to compare a car like the Hellcat to M6's and CL's because the intended audience is completely different and the price point has a large disparity.

When you really look at the market there's no other manufacturer out there giving you a 707hp whip from the factory which looks that good and comes with that many standard features for $60k. Before this new American muscle revolution those type of power numbers were reserved for the wealthy or super modders. I think it's cool as hell that Chrysler, Chevy, and Ford are giving us this level of performance and cool factor straight off the lot for a relatively "affordable" price.

- Preciate it.

Doesnt it share it's chassis or suspension with the 300 and the charger?

I believe its a short wheelbase version of the 300/Charger chassis.

Now that I think about it, I'm also curious if they upgraded the chassis to handle all that extra power.

Last edited:
those lines are the only resemblance the car has to the original 2nd gen b body charger.

honestly ive always hated the use of the charger name for that sedan. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Hope it doesn't have the visibility of the camaro and the aerodynamics of a tractor trailer

Looks GOOD, though. 

crazy *** richard rawling running 10.8@126 1/4 mile in da hellcat

Last edited:
cant wait to drive the 392 with the new 8 speed transmission. 
embarassed.gif

devil.gif

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]:wow: Ok I take back some of the stuff I said about this beast. a 10.8 1.4 mile @126 mph ain't muffin to furg with. Even as a Euro as my everyday driver I'd get a Hellcat just because. I'd be an a-hole at the lights on the weekend :rofl: But dang imagine if this had AWD...wouldn't even be fair, and by the looks of it dudes will be replacing tires on this every other month :lol:[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom