Barkleys' v. Penny's

Originally Posted by Genius44

I think that back in the day, Barkley's shoes were more popular than Penny's. Now a days its something different, with the recent Penny retro's, the whole world thinks Penny's are the only thing that matter. People need to calm down and see through the hype and see things for what it is.
pretty much

Originally Posted by Untitled

just for reference....

air-cb34.jpg
along with
cb34_blk_wht_5.jpg

=
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but might have to go with the Penny line.. Foams are a big plus to have in your line

Originally Posted by Genius44

I think that back in the day, Barkley's shoes were more popular than Penny's. Now a days its something different, with the recent Penny retro's, the whole world thinks Penny's are the only thing that matter. People need to calm down and see through the hype and see things for what it is.
exactly

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by denverairforce

I see people saying foam this foam that. More hype then anything else, unless you are in NYC or Bmore/DC
oh i see. so, if you don't live in NYC or DMV, then you're basically just a mindless idiot with no opinion of your own? it's all becoming so clear to me now.
nerd.gif

Well back in 97, when the foams first hit, these were the areas that they were in abundance.

I'm guessing you are in/from Denver right? So 90% of the sneakerheads there had these in 97? I doubt it.

What I'm saying is Penny foams are more hyped now, then before when they first came out.

If you are not atleast 25, you had no idea what a foam anything was back in 97.

You know what they are now due to mostly the hype surrounding the shoe.
so, now your'e saying that everybody from your neighborhood had to own a pair of foams in order for you to know about them or even have yourown opinion of them? hey, this is getting better! what's a foamposite? before niketalk, i had never heard of this anfernee hardaway guy, never got aneastbay catalog, never went to a footlocker, thank goodness niketalk showed me the light! lol. by the way, i'm probably older than you.
smile.gif

oh yeah, and, wouldn't it be more "hype" to be into foams just because you live in an area where everybody else was into them?

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

just for reference....

air-cb34.jpg
along with
cb34_blk_wht_5.jpg

=
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but might have to go with the Penny line.. Foams are a big plus to have in your line
damn i thought after the bootlegs popped up we'd see a retro of this barkley real soon...but its been 2 years already....

I can appriecate both lines and both players. But i would have to say Penny's, but barkleys are killer too.

I see people saying foam this foam that. More hype then anything else, unless you are in NYC or Bmore/DC
oh i see. so, if you don't live in NYC or DMV, then you're basically just a mindless idiot with no opinion of your own? it's all becoming so clear to me now.
nerd.gif

Well back in 97, when the foams first hit, these were the areas that they were in abundance.

I'm guessing you are in/from Denver right? So 90% of the sneakerheads there had these in 97? I doubt it.

What I'm saying is Penny foams are more hyped now, then before when they first came out.

If you are not atleast 25, you had no idea what a foam anything was back in 97.

You know what they are now due to mostly the hype surrounding the shoe.
so, now your'e saying that everybody from your neighborhood had to own a pair of foams in order for you to know about them or even have your own opinion of them? hey, this is getting better! what's a foamposite? before niketalk, i had never heard of this anfernee hardaway guy, never got an eastbay catalog, never went to a footlocker, thank goodness niketalk showed me the light! lol. by the way, i'm probably older than you.
smile.gif

oh yeah, and, wouldn't it be more "hype" to be into foams just because you live in an area where everybody else was into them?
I see you are trying to read between the lines way too hard. If you are older then 27, you are older then me.

NT and your sarcasm has nothing to do with it, but do you homie.

are you serious.... is this even a topic?....

yes... barkley had numerous of sigs... but were they all "good looking".... naw... did they perform great... yes, but was it the best? HELL NO....Pippens > barkley's sigs.

pippens line was dope and thats how i feel about the barkleys line, but not as much as pippen.

Foamposite alone >>>> over the whole Barkley line.

3386579516_01f4db884d.jpg

Is this a serious thread or a shock value one? Can you not be any more less serious? What kind of question is this?

Honestly, the only shoe I think totally obliterates the Barkley line is the Foamposite. The technology, the look, the feel, all 3 of those attributes combinedmake it a classic pair of shoes...

But people acting like Barkley's shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Penny's are crazy. CB always had some tough kicks on and I'deasily put these up against the Penny 1, Penny 2, Penny 3, and Penny 4...

359425008.jpg

*credit to shaqrules*
grin.gif

Pippen line > Barkley line?
indifferent.gif
like I said all it seems to me is people sayin foams foams foams that's one shoe
laugh.gif
that's a nice pic shaqrules

I grew up watching Penny and Bark play and I wore both of their signature lines. I can't pick so I consider them 1a & 1b...

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Honestly, the only shoe I think totally obliterates the Barkley line is the Foamposite. The technology, the look, the feel, all 3 of those attributes combined make it a classic pair of shoes...

But people acting like Barkley's shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Penny's are crazy. CB always had some tough kicks on and I'd easily put these up against the Penny 1, Penny 2, Penny 3, and Penny 4...

359425008.jpg

*credit to shaqrules*
grin.gif

I totally agree, I think the kids don't give the barkleys the proper respect they deserve. Not to say that its wrong to like the Penny's more, but theBarkleys are gettign alot disrespect on this post. Back in the day the Barkleys threw the world for a spin with their design, and their rugged look. I'mtelling you peeps were getting their Barkleys stolen. Those kicks were getting mad play. To be honest I remeber more kids rocking the OG barkley line in highschool than the Pennys. Don't get me wrong the Penny's were popular with the kids back then in the 90's, but the Barkleys were getting more love.I think right now cause the Penny's are real hot right now with all the retroing of the purple foams, the 1/2 cent, and the penny 2 and 3 that people areswayed towards the Penny. I think if we had a Barkely retro craze right now, rather than the Penny craze people would n't be so quick to diss theBarkleys
smile.gif

just for reference....

nike-air-alpha-force-ii-1.jpg

olympic180a.jpg
air-force-max-1.jpg

air_cb_bot_300.jpg
am2_cb_front_300.jpg

nike-air-cb34-godzilla-95-charles-barkley-shoes-1.jpg
air-cb34.jpg

nike-air-cb4-page.jpg

supercbo.jpg

cb4_2_blk_wht.jpg
cb4_2_blk_wht_5.jpg

You just shut this post down

Barkley's>>>Penny's by far

The only Penny i ever cared for are the 1's & 2's

Foams=overrated

well i rock both of their sneakers! However, i'll have to say that, barkley brought out more heat!!! Thats because penny only has the penny 2's, andthe foamposite that you can really rock! On the other hand, barkley has the air force max cb, air max 2 cb, cb34, air force 180 and much more that you canrock!

barkley all the way!!!! good topic Tommy Gibbs

Originally Posted by mossman75

just for reference....

nike-air-alpha-force-ii-1.jpg

olympic180a.jpg
air-force-max-1.jpg

air_cb_bot_300.jpg
am2_cb_front_300.jpg

nike-air-cb34-godzilla-95-charles-barkley-shoes-1.jpg
air-cb34.jpg

nike-air-cb4-page.jpg

supercbo.jpg

cb4_2_blk_wht.jpg
cb4_2_blk_wht_5.jpg

You just shut this post down

Barkley's>>>Penny's by far

The only Penny i ever cared for are the 1's & 2's

Foams=overrated
sorry had to quote these pics again ....but there
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

co-sign!
pimp.gif

foams are overrated IMO ever since they came back out in 2007.. they hot though im not hating on them i own a pair of royals, but come on the best ever nah.

SMH at ppl over looking and disrespecting the barkley line
alien.gif
sick.gif

the penny line only has like 3 good one's the 1,2,3

while the barkey line almost all of them are heat, plus his line had way more sneakers than the penny line.

Barkleys>Pennys but not by a long shot

people keep saying the penny's are only hot cuz they just retroed, but 3 or 4 of the barkleys have retroed in the last year or so and very few people weremaking any noise about them at all (air force 180s, CB34, air force max, CB 2's). i kinda wish they would re-retro the olympic 180s though, I slept hard onthose, and oly is my favorite colorway of any shoe, and 180s are my favorite barkleys.

people keep saying the penny's are only hot cuz they just retroed, but 3 or 4 of the barkleys have retroed in the last year or so and very few people were making any noise about them at all (air force 180s, CB34, air force max, CB 2's). i kinda wish they would re-retro the olympic 180s though, I slept hard on those, and oly is my favorite colorway of any shoe, and 180s are my favorite barkleys.

seriously? when they retroed the 180's, dudes were all over them in nyc even the non og cw...cb34's, dudes were scooping them up real easy, still gottapair on ice, air force max, everybody in the hood had these on @$*@ i had mine on yesterday...just cause NT doesn't have a 300pg thread on it doesn'tmean dudes werent scooping them up. and the oly 180's retroed twice in the past couple yrs...I need to go back and get another pair since i dogged my 1stone

I didn't say nobody was buying them, I said nobody was really making noise about them. still, most of those retros ended up at multiple outlets for $25-50and are still sitting around there. regardless, my point is that people can't use the excuse of "the penny's retroed recently" to explain whythere's more "hype" on them when all fo the barkleys have also retroed recently.

and yeah I watched those 180s come and go a couple times, don't know what I was thinking! deifnitely should've copped, but I think I might be able tofind a deal still. just gotta look around.

Back
Top Bottom