Do You See Professional Wrestling As An Artform?

Many people who don't watch will not understand the many nuances that go into putting together a believable professional wrestling match.

Bringing the crowd into the match, making your opponent look good when they have to win, what type of moves will bring the crowd in, etc.

It's an art because you gotta tell a story.

I think pro wrestlers should be eligible for Tony Awards. Srs.

Until you see a really a few really crappy wrestling matches, do you appreciate how good these dudes are at their jobs

Last edited:
Its the purest form of art.

Unlike painters, or musicians or actors or writers...they give it all they got and it isnt done for critical acclaim.

Respect to these wrestlers for putting their bodies on the line almost everyday for the fans.

There are many great matches that have perfect storytelling, moments, and outcomes. I personally gauge whether a match is great if it can elicit a wide range of emotions from you as a viewer.

In the general sense, sure.

The same way a Pauly Shore comedy can be considered art.

Its the purest form of art.

Unlike painters, or musicians or actors or writers...they give it all they got and it isnt done for critical acclaim.
Just for money.

Last edited:
Many people who don't watch will not understand the many nuances that go into putting together a believable professional wrestling match.

Bringing the crowd into the match, making your opponent look good when they have to win, what type of moves will bring the crowd in, etc.

It's an art because you gotta tell a story.

My thoughts exactly

Well male ballerinas prance around in tights and demonstrate effeminate mannerism while interpreting dramatic events/plot, on a stage similar in size to a ring, so i guess so.

yes, it's an art. Selling a lie in a believable fashion takes much skill. Much respect to all those who do it.

Its art and they make it look way easier than it is

what does art mean to you?

it's like a play, circus, athletics, drama, comedy all into one

Last edited:
The reaction to this question is way more positive than I was expecting :lol:

Good stuff

Yeah i do. It takes skill to put on a performance that people will remember for the rest f their lives.

Back
Top Bottom