Do you still stay with your parents?

at home to save but i just can't seem to do it.  whether its a vacation, car troubles, fines, somethings always hits my wallet hard leaving me right back where i started.  i make enough to afford my own place just can't seem to get my **** together.  

29 and I'm still at home. I was trying to move out this year after finishing the academy, but I got injured pretty bad and was let go. Luckily, I found another job for the time being until I get back in another academy. I'm not happy to live at home still, but I still contribute around the house and for the most part, my mother doesn't really bother me. The more I think about it, It may be best to save up for a house or move in with a roommate. I do want to continue saving.

I'll be 25 in less than a month and I'm still at home.

In my situation the last 6 years, I wasn't ready at all to leave. My dad was confined to a wheelchair and my responsibility was to be home helping both my mom and him out. For one, I'm glad I did not go away for college b/c I would have had to come home when he initially got sick.

He has since passed away a few months ago. In due time I will truly look to move out with my gf. I'm all about saving from here on out until the ideal spot pops up.

yeah. im 33 , me and my 2 daughters stay with my dad. its not about money . my mom died awhile back and i wouldnt leave my dad. even if my funds were unlimited my pops would live with me. even if i were to get married again , my pops is living with me.

. He dont tell me nothing , he stays to himself, we get along great and never have problems. thats my dude . its like its considered a bad thing in this society to live with or take care of your parents. miss me with that. :nthat:

Respect

Last edited:
ouch. That's a big loss all around at 15.

The financial loss was rough for about a month till I made ends meet. Bounced around a lot, some rough times.

Actually made me grind harder, in the same thing that got me in the mess, but hey, you cant tell me anythang. I gotta find out myself.

Nothing wrong with that, do it to get you where you need to and get out. Now if you're 30+ still trapping you should have stacked enough to stop already and not that smart.

at home to save but i just can't seem to do it.  whether its a vacation, car troubles, fines, somethings always hits my wallet hard leaving me right back where i started.  i make enough to afford my own place just can't seem to get my **** together.  

Just imagine how hard it would be on your own.

Relax, dont play keep up and just focus.

Ill bless with a grestrstory when I have more time

In my situation the last 6 years, I wasn't ready at all to leave. My dad was confined to a wheelchair and my responsibility was to be home helping both my mom and him out. For one, I'm glad I did not go away for college b/c I would have had to come home when he initially got sick.

He has since passed away a few months ago. In due time I will truly look to move out with my gf. I'm all about saving from here on out until the ideal spot pops up.

Respect to you.

May he rest in peace.

I moved back with my folks after college at the age at 25. Lived with them for 2 years before i bought my own home. I got the chance to stack and now i'm the only one of my friends that can afford to own a house in my neighborhood. If i had to do it all over again i would....

Nothing worry with living at home as long as you have a plan in place.

My boy is 30 living on his moms sofa talking about "what you getting into this weekend?"

:x

Last edited:
I don't understand why people frown upon people still living at home. (Mainly women). What's funny is, the people that look down upon that are either living with their BF or GF, or married, so I guess they feel to boost their ego by looking down on men that still live at home. I know I have a plan and that's all that matters.

My boy is 30 living on his moms sofa talking about "what you getting into this weekend?"

I've got a good friend that is 36 and still lives at home. Homie has never left, either. :lol: :smh:

I'm starting to have concerns that there's something mentally wrong there b/c dude has no aspirations to get out on his own. Buddy still has to take out the trash and cut the lawn before he can dip out for the weekend. :smh:

Granted, the house is maaaad nice and he has the entire upstairs to himself. But still....

Stacked $$$ and moved out at 28. Like everybody else is saying, you young bucks need to stack as much as you can while you're still living at home!

Bonus tip: You better stack while you can before you get married or have a kid!!!

Respect to you.

May he rest in peace.

Appreciate the words man.

Moved out of my moms at 19 when I enlisted

Moved back home with my pops at 24 after my contract was up. Spent a year there and then moved in with the lady friend at 25 and have been here for a few months. Rent is cheap and she has a great job. (We've been flourishing).

Living with my pops was straight, I got to save a lot and always helped them out when needed (especially with the mortgage). I wasn't a bum either, did dishes, cleaned, bought things they needed for the house I.E. Groceries. I would gladly go back but the spot was a little cramped so I had to get out :lol:

I use my 9/11 GI bill for school so stacking was pretty easy at home. Also double dip and get financial aid, grants, and scholarships.

My moms keeps bugging me about moving back with her (she's in the market for a duplex) and I wouldn't hesitate to do it. Not only would me and my lady be able to super stack, but it would also allow me to be closer to my lil bro and lil sis.

Family > everything

Moved back home after college at 24, worked for 2 years and saved up. Bought my own place last year. 28 and financially independent now

Either save as much as you can or rapidly pay down any lingering debts.

Either save like 75-80% of your checks or create an emergency fund of a designated amount and dump everything else into paying something you owe off.

Just heard on the radio this morning that living with the parents is the top housing choice for adults 18-34
laugh.gif

Then I saw this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...parents-basement-season-trade-hometown-pacers

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
I feel we all got that one friend...

24 live at home, saving 80% of my paychecks so i can buy my own home in the next two years. Working 70 hours a week ,so when im home i just sleep or game, no need to move out till i can buy something. 

I've got a good friend that is 36 and still lives at home. Homie has never left, either. :lol: :smh:

I'm starting to have concerns that there's something mentally wrong there b/c dude has no aspirations to get out on his own. Buddy still has to take out the trash and cut the lawn before he can dip out for the weekend. :smh:

Granted, the house is maaaad nice and he has the entire upstairs to himself. But still....

Have friends like this man..it boggles my mind how they can be content with a setup like that, at that age. Idc how nice you're living it's pathetic

I moved out the crib at 28 man. I did not want to be stuck at home after 30.

I would've planned it better looking back but whatever, I'm good now :pimp:

Turned 27 on the 11th of July And still with my parents.

Once i get my music production off the ground to some artists and make it my full time career, i'll get my own condo in California or down South.

Stacked $$$ and moved out at 28. Like everybody else is saying, you young bucks need to stack as much as you can while you're still living at home!

Bonus tip: You better stack while you can before you get married or have a kid!!!
*pulls out notepad writes down

Anything else you would suggest?
Wish I had a car bed growing up
me too :lol:

I'm getting that car bed dammit. It's gonna be a hollowed out corvette. :pimp:

24 still living with my parents while I'm going to school so I can pay out of pocket for school.

Back
Top Bottom