Dragonball Z Appreciation Thread

1651509_o.gif

2280555_o.gif

I won't even bother posting the vid of him crying like a biotch to Goku so he could beat Freeza cuz he coudln't, deluding himself thinking he was a SS.
Son has taken Ls to Goku, Gohan, Freeza, android 17 & 18, Cell, Buu, Broly, a whole bunch of other movie villains, etc. After his arc of being a villain he develops in to a face heel turn ally where his sole purpose has been to face the main villain all cocky like just to lose and prop up the that villain until Goku or Gohan come and save the day.
If it wasn't for Trunks he'd be worthless to me. Vegeta always struck as me an emotionally damaged dude with a huge ego yet extremely insecure about one dude.
Yep Yep. Homie was cocky as a ***** then complained like a ***** when he loses. Just because he was a prince of a warrior race which got forced into slavery by a sexually questonable alien he had a chip on him. Sadly when I think about the show one of the biggest problems was

Imagine how better the show would have been with
As a couple

Gohan would have had Gokus strength and Bulma's smarts. I mean he already seen the P on MULTIPLE occasion's.

Last edited:
I am not going to lie to you N's. I cried when Vegeta hugged Trunks and then offed himself against Majin Buu. :smh::smh:

1651509_o.gif

2280555_o.gif

I won't even bother posting the vid of him crying like a biotch to Goku so he could beat Freeza cuz he coudln't, deluding himself thinking he was a SS.
Son has taken Ls to Goku, Gohan, Freeza, android 17 & 18, Cell, Buu, Broly, a whole bunch of other movie villains, etc. After his arc of being a villain he develops in to a face heel turn ally where his sole purpose has been to face the main villain all cocky like just to lose and prop up the that villain until Goku or Gohan come and save the day.
If it wasn't for Trunks he'd be worthless to me. Vegeta always struck as me an emotionally damaged dude with a huge ego yet extremely insecure about one dude.
Yep Yep. Homie was cocky as a ***** then complained like a ***** when he loses. Just because he was a prince of a warrior race which got forced into slavery by a sexually questonable alien he had a chip on him. Sadly when I think about the show one of the biggest problems was

Imagine how better the show would have been with
As a couple

Gohan would have had Gokus strength and Bulma's smarts. I mean he already seen the P on MULTIPLE occasion's.
That is a better pairing and the show would've been less annoying with her out of it but I"m sure some things might've been lost in translation about ChiChi's purpose.

:lol:   @ all you Vegeta fans mad he's forever 2nd and most likely 3rd place.
1651509_o.gif

2280555_o.gif

I won't even bother posting the vid of him crying like a biotch to Goku so he coudl beat Freeza.

Son has taken Ls to Goku, Gohan, Freeza, android 17
You serious man? You cant be. Catching Ls left and right? Always needing someone to bail them out? Crying over things? Sounds like you just describe Gohan to me. Despite being the strongest character in the show at two different points, by a large margin he still somehow found a way to lose the fights and need someone to bail him out cause of his arrogance, and that was with all the natural talent he had. 

Vegeta on the other hand walked into fights where he already knew he was outmatched but being a punk wasnt an option for him. Hes the epitome of being a man in that show. He didnt have natural talent either it was all hard work for Vegeta.
First off those things aren't even in my post. Where did I say Vegeta always needs to be bailed out? I said he usually loses to the main villain to make the villain look good where then Goku comes in to win. Also I never said Gohan was a better character than Vegeta or even compared them, just that Gohan is stronger. Also how did Gohan find a way to lose against Cell because of his arrogance? He killed Cell at the end of the Cell Games arc.

Also Vegeta did cry to Goku about Freeza. He also cried and whined about Broly being the legendary SS and that there was no point in fighting him cuz there'd be no way for Goku to win and then Goku proceeded to win :lol:

Vegeta doesn't always walk in to fights knowing he's outmatched and fights anyway. He thought he was stronger than the androids and they broke his arm. He was actually stronger than Cell and let him absorb an android to become stronger and then got the breaks beat off of him.

Yes Gohan is a crybaby, for the better part of DBZ he was a child and then preteen. It was only until after Cell where he grew up, retired from fighting/stopped training, and became a lame superhero. He's half human, that's his character, the crybaby with potential that ends up overcoming his fears until they ditched that for bringing back Goku and making him handle all of the villains.
How about this. This is Kid Buu, the same Kid Buu who dominated Goku for 99% of the fight, even with SSJ3. Goku was scared out his mind and was about to give up, and who stepped in to bail him out? Vegeta. I mean who else had Majin Buu scared and backing away? Vegeta did that.[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

:rofl: Son can barely stand. He aint scare Kid Buu, the kid was just shocked/surprised that Vegeta survived and he was half dead crawling out that crater still talking **** still consumed by his ego of being a prince of a dead race or transforming apes. *YAWN* Post the next part where Kidd Buu knocks his *** out.
Come on man this guy did it at despite not being as strong as everyone else. Everyone else got help but Vegeta. Goku got to train while being dead TWICE with no living limitations to slow him down, he went in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber TWICE, Learning Kaoken from King Kai, Instant Transmission, Gohan got his powers unlocked by TWO people, and got to go in the HTC, and to top it all off they always were training with people, never alone. Where was Vegetas help? Nowhere thats where. He had to train alone all the time with no help whatsoever and still kept up with them.
YOU HAVE A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE MEMORY.

Vegeta aint get help? Son was hogging up all the senzu beans, son went in the hyperbolic time chamber twice as well. Bulma gave him his own space ship with the gravity thingy where he trained 100+gs so he could get stronger. The reason aint nobody unlocked his power is cuz he's an *******. Plus when he did get help from Babidi or Bibidi or w/e the **** his name was and fought Goku what happened? Goku pitied him soooo much he aint even bother to turn SS3 in the fight. Son let the fight go for so long so Vegeta could feel better about himself.

Who was the guy who devised the plan to finish off Kid Buu? Vegeta? Oh you dont say. He was the only guy there who actually thought things out and had plans. Vegeta= Master strategist.
So what if he devised the plan to beat Buu? Did I ever say Vegeta was dumb? One plan does not make him a master strategist btw :rofl:

Besides I'd say anything Vegeta provided strategy wise Piccolo could've easily done as well.
Not to mention that Vegetas parenting skills> Gokus. Goku was out there raising softies. Trunks was a man from day one. He didnt just talked about loving his kid, he acted on it. He killed himself cause he loved his son[[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]/QUOTE]
Goku was raising softies yet Gohan was still stronger than Vegeta :lol:

:lol: @ posting a vid of when Vegeta joined the bad side just to get help with a boost in power.

What you mean Trunks was a man from day one? The same Trunks that was best friends with Goten and loved having fun and playing around?
And dont come in here with that "Goku took Cell away when he was going to explode" Goku didnt do that for his kid, he did that for Earth and cause GOHAN SCREWED UP.
I really don't give a **** about this example, so what if Vegeta "died" for his kid? Goku sacrificed himself for billions. My post is not an argument about who was the better father :lol:
Vegeta bagged Bulma too even with Yamcha sweating her all the time.
So what? :lol: It's Yamcha man. The character that didn't show up after what the Cell arc? You want some extra points for bringing that up?
Get out of here with your Vegeta slander man.
vegeta-dead.gif

Last edited:
pipe down kid...Vegeta is that dude...yeah he took Ls but the point was he never backed down from anything...he was only the way he was out of self-defense for his people. Somebody has to take the Ls...Vegeta's character is about learning karma.

Last edited:
Show was :pimp:, had all the action figures. I had the Japanese tapes with the English subtitles, what you guys know about those? Such a great show.

My son will be named Goku :pimp:

You said he cried to Goku about losing to Frieza, I took that as crying about things. That Broly thing was a legitimate complaint by Vegeta. If you get told day after day that something is the most powerful being in existence what would make you want to fight it? Goku wasnt afraid of Broly because of sheer ignorance, same goes for everyone else. Vegetas fear of Broly was institutionalized. I dont think he was stronger than 17 or 18, not even close. No one was as strong as they were at that point and even Trunks said so. Vegeta just wasnt trying to hear it and because of that got beat down.

I really was making an assumption that you thought Gohan or Goku were the best characters. If it isnt Vegeta then who is it. Master Roshi? Seemed like a good assumption to make on my part.

I brought the Gohan comparison into it because all of the things you said about Vegeta were vintage Gohan. Gohan did screw up that fight. He was dominating the fight and had a ton of time to show off and when Goku told him to end it, what did Gohan do? He said no cause he wanted to make him suffer for a while, his exact words were "I want him to suffer for a while" Then what did Cell do? Activate the bomb inside of him and Gohan dropped to his knees and started crying. Goku had to bail him out. His immaturity continued when he was an adult too he did the same thing with Super Buu. His cockiness made him lose again. This guy used to be my favorite growing up but all he does is screw things up.

Did Vegeta go in the HTC twice? I only remember him going once, and that was training for the Cell Games with Trunks. I didnt count that spaceship from Bulma as help, but if we are going to count it then Goku had one too so thats cancelled out anyways. I dont think purposely going under Babidis control is help either, its not like it made him stronger at most all it did was invoke the emotional state necessary for SSJ2. It doesnt compare to Goku getting to train while dead for 7 years. 7 years with no fatigue, with no need for downtime. He did hog the Senzu beans though you're right about that.

Vegeta thinking out things just simply shows whys hes the best character. He doesnt blindly walk into fights hoping things will be ok. He had a plan against Goku the first time, he had a plan the second time, its just what he does.

Gohans stronger than Vegeta, but theres no doubt that hes soft mentally. Same for Goten. Trunks is a kid, no doubt that he wants to have fun, but he was still serious when it was time to be, cant really say the same for Goten. What happend when they fought? Goten was just flying around doing whatever. 

In terms of the effect that the character had on the series no ones touching Vegeta.

Its all love though, I'm just glad that someones actually challenging me on this I'm having fun arguing about it.

Last edited:
Pokemon would have been goat if they ended it after the first region.
Ash releasing Butterfree. Ash losing to Richie cause Charizard was being a scumbag. Ash saying goodbye to Pikachu. EPIC moments. Magmar vs Charizard was the goat battles.

pipe down kid...Vegeta is that dude...yeah he took Ls but the point was he never backed down from anything...he was only the way he was out of self-defense for his people. Somebody has to take the Ls...Vegeta's character is about learning karma.
Please child. I couldn't care less if that's what you've come to as far as his character. I didn't like his character. Not saying he didn't have a purpose but overall I just find it funny how that's the guy most ppl are a fan of :lol:

I remember back in grade school me and my boy tried doing the fusion dance to see if it'd work. We was so disappointed :smh:

You have to give it up to this dude
pimp.gif
bardock went out like scarface, son was a g
Yo his story was some of the best story telling this franchise ever had.

I just wish they would've went somewhere with Goku's lookalike in the Tree of Might movie.
I remember back in grade school me and my boy tried doing the fusion dance to see if it'd work. We was so disappointed :smh:
The ear rings probably work better :lol: [pause]
You said he cried to Goku about losing to Frieza, I took that as crying about things.
Well you took that wrong then. I'm just bringing up that he literally was crying and begging for Goku to do what he couldn't. It's one of the main things that stuck out about him for me.
That Broly thing was a legitimate complaint by Vegeta. If you get told day after day that something is the most powerful being in existence what would make you want to fight it?
Hey that just continues to separate Goku from everybody else, word to that meme. Overcoming obstacles. As a young kid watching this I am not trying to identify with the character being logical about some big bad and then being frozen by fear to the point he won't even attempt to fight. It's coo though cuz Vegeta overcame his fear in the end a bit despite being owned.
Goku wasnt afraid of Broly because of sheer ignorance, same goes for everyone else. Vegetas fear of Broly was institutionalized. I dont think he was stronger than 17 or 18, not even close. No one was as strong as they were at that point and even Trunks said so. Vegeta just wasnt trying to hear it and because of that got beat down.
Again I aint trying to hear you rationalize Vegeta's initial actions. It's just reasons like that why I wasn't a big fan. Yeah the other Earthlings will be scared like Krillin but they always dove in to fight anyway. Vegeta is the opposite, loud and cocky until he loses. He did it against Freeza after deluding himself in to thinking he was a SS and it's just something apart of his character that made me not care for dude.
I really was making an assumption that you thought Gohan or Goku were the best characters. If it isnt Vegeta then who is it. Master Roshi? Seemed like a good assumption to make on my part.
Initially I was just saying I don't like Vegeta and then said why I don't like him in my next post, nothing about who was the best character cuz quite frankly characterzation in this show was pretty simple and cut and dry. My favorite character was future Trunks, he was cool, had that sword but honestly the best character was Goku. He wasn't a badass and didn't need to be, always got stronger, never gave up, went down as a legend, and even as a dead man was still on his grind becoming stronger and stronger.
I brought the Gohan comparison into it because all of the things you said about Vegeta were vintage Gohan. Gohan did screw up that fight. He was dominating the fight and had a ton of time to show off and when Goku told him to end it, what did Gohan do? He said no cause he wanted to make him suffer for a while, his exact words were "I want him to suffer for a while" Then what did Cell do? Activate the bomb inside of him and Gohan dropped to his knees and started crying. Goku had to bail him out. His immaturity continued when he was an adult too he did the same thing with Super Buu. His cockiness made him lose again. This guy used to be my favorite growing up but all he does is screw things up.
Gohan's just a **** up but he did get the job done in the end. The way I see it that's just how he was gonna be wit his mother raising him. So Piccolo failed but tried his best to make dude a badass.
Did Vegeta go in the HTC twice? I only remember him going once, and that was training for the Cell Games with Trunks. I didnt count that spaceship from Bulma as help, but if we are going to count it then Goku had one too so thats cancelled out anyways. I dont think purposely going under Babidis control is help either, its not like it made him stronger at most all it did was invoke the emotional state necessary for SSJ2. It doesnt compare to Goku getting to train while dead for 7 years. 7 years with no fatigue, with no need for downtime. He did hog the Senzu beans though you're right about that.
The way I remember it, they went in the HTC first while Cell was still at his 1st level and during that time he managed to get his 2nd level after eating the boy android while fighting 16, Piccolo and a few others. When Vegeta and future Trunks got out he fought Cell for a while until Cell convinced him to become perfect. Cell then beat up Vegeta, while he was unconscious future Trunks thought he had got to the ascended level of a SS and ended up losing to Cell too. Cell then said he'd give Goku and them other dudes a chance and said he start the Cell games in a few days challenging anybody on the planet, during that brief period of time Vegeta and Trunks went back in to the HTC but still didn't reach SS2, after that Goku and Gohan went in one more time just in time for the fight.

In the end it didn't even matter much that they went in a 2nd time cuz the fight was all Mr. Satan then Goku and Gohan and only during a break period when I think Gohan was down and out did the spectators step in to all get beat up iirc
Vegeta thinking out things just simply shows whys hes the best character. He doesnt blindly walk into fights hoping things will be ok. He had a plan against Goku the first time, he had a plan the second time, its just what he does.
What plans? I'll never agree he was the best character in DBZ. What was his plan the first time he fought Goku? He thought he was stronger and was proven wrong and then Goku let him live and leave. Yeah he and Nappa killed a bunch of humans and Piccolo but he was a villain in that arc and you knew he was gonna lose.

His only plan on Namek was to get the dragon balls, become immortal and then because saiyans get stronger after every defeat he could just keep fighting Freeza until he became stronger and kill him. That was a lame plan dependent on having all the time in the world and not dying.

During the Cell arc he had no plan either, he thought he was stronger than everybody he faced (androids and Cell) and lost each time.

During the Buu saga he flipped sides cuz he thought he was getting soft and wanted to fight Goku on his only day back amongst the living. Goku appeased him and never revealed SS3 cuz he wasn't even worthy of seeing it. Goku treated him as a play thing to spar with while Vegeta dealt with his issues. He never thought had a chance against Buu, especially after Babidi took off the power up or w/e that magic M on his forehead was suppose to do. Yeah he had the plan on how to finally kill Buu but that wasn't anything special. Goku's plan to beat Cell was to let himself die so Gohan could get mad and go SS2.
Gohans stronger than Vegeta, but theres no doubt that hes soft mentally. Same for Goten. Trunks is a kid, no doubt that he wants to have fun, but he was still serious when it was time to be, cant really say the same for Goten. What happend when they fought? Goten was just flying around doing whatever.
Again I'm not about to compare the children who weren't developed much and just given fusion to pad time and extend that saga. I don't really care who was the better at raising serious children that were strong or w/e. It's not important at all if what you're talking about is who was the better character.

If we're talking about raising a child better though, Piccolo's tactics were the best and most fleshed out when it comes to preparing a child to fight alien invaders that were going to take over the planet. We saw little to nothing of Vegeta raising Trunks other than that one scene.
In terms of the effect that the character had on the series no ones touching Vegeta.
This is bull ****. Dragonball Z is Goku's show. If he didn't have the most effect on the show no one else did. Without Goku Vegeta would still be at a power level below 9000, Goku was Vegeta's measuring stick and motivator to get stronger. That was confirmed in the Buu saga when he went to the bad side just to have an excuse to fight him for real. During that whole tournament he was fiending to fight Goku. How can Vegeta have more effect on the series than Goku? THE MAIN CHARACTER?
Its all love though, I'm just glad that someones actually challenging me on this I'm having fun arguing about it.
It aint nothing but eh if I knew off jump I was arguing Vegeta is not the best character in the show it would've been pretty easy and cut and dry.

Last edited:
saw the ep when gohan taught videl how to fly
tried to fly
failed
didnt watch another ep for a couple of days.

yugioh>>>pokemon in terms of tv shows

Last edited:
i need to find a way to watch this online now that i shattered my iphone screen and can't use the jailbreak stream.

sidenote but anyone know if there's a way i could stream videos from my iphone to my macbook?
Search for Videostream or Plex.
Videostream works better.

^ technically vegeta did beat goku the first time on earth. It was pretty much the combo of gohan going ape and krillin throwing the spirit bomb that defeated him

Also I just always wonder how DBZ wouldve turned out if Goku wouldve stayed dead after the cell games

edit: when you think abotu it, even though Goku was the main character, he kinda wasnt.

- He was training with King kai, meanwhile on earth picolo and gohan got screen time, then come the saiyans, fight etc then goku comes.
- Gohan and krillin go to namek, tons of screentime for those 2 and vegeta.
-Goku gets to namek, has a few fights, then is incapacitated. This gives vegeta, gohan, krillin, piccolo, and frieza screen time
- After namek we get fillers with no goku. Then goku goes down in the firs fight vs the androids.
- He comes back, and cant beat cell, then its the gohan show

so where as DB was all about goku, DBZ is heavily about gohan aswell as goku

Last edited:
Loved this show when I was younger...probably my favorite along with Yuyu Hakusho. But it's one of those shows/films that are hard to rewatch because the pace was slow at times.

Some of my favorite moments from the show:

Loved this show when I was younger...probably my favorite along with Yuyu Hakusho. But it's one of those shows/films that are hard to rewatch because the pace was slow at times.

I downloaded yuyu recently and watched it. It was horrible. I loved it when I was a kid, but I just see so much wrong with it now. Bad animation, cheesy and really bad writing. I still love it from a nostalgia POV tho.

To me DBZ was Gohans show. Somehow it always came back to being about Gohan somehow. Gokus constant presence was just setting it up for Gohan to take over at a point which eventually ends up happening if only for brief moments. If you go back and watch it all again a lot of stuff jumps out at you but mostly the fact that everyone felt the need to take a 6 year old around with them all the time and train him to fight aliens that were out to kill them all? Who would do that? Why was Gohan even involved at all if they were gearing him to take over at a point. I felt this was their original idea but the fans were just so mad at the fact that Goku died and by that point he was such a fan favorite that they had to bring him back to life and remove the spotlight from Gohan.

Vietstar you are repped for the clips that I was just too lazy to post.
I remember back in grade school me and my boy tried doing the fusion dance to see if it'd work. We was so disappointed 
mean.gif
saw the ep when gohan taught videl how to fly
tried to fly
failed
didnt watch another ep for a couple of days.
yugioh>>>pokemon in terms of tv shows
Slifer the Sky Dragon
pimp.gif
, after that Arc with Marik Yu-Gi-Oh died for me though.
I downloaded yuyu recently and watched it. It was horrible. I loved it when I was a kid, but I just see so much wrong with it now. Bad animation, cheesy and really bad writing. I still love it from a nostalgia POV tho.
WHAT????? After I got done with DBZ I watched every episode of YuYu Hakusho that show was amazing I honestly liked it more that I watched it now than I did back then. The 3 Kings saga had some meh writing at times but other than that it was all top notch. How could you not love this show Yusuke Yurameshi was and forever will be that dude. He stepped to Tugoro with the Spirit Cuffs on just to mess with him Yusukes swagger was always over 9000. My one gripe with that show was that it was too short. They could have and should have done more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom