Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I sometimes play with this idea in my head when I'm carrying an umbrella and it's no longer raining. This price point isn't bad either.

Do it

Last edited:
Speaking of white pants, anyone have any recommendations for a good pair (in slim, straight fit)? I bought the dockers alpha version but I could see the outlines of the pockets on the front and back so I returned them. Probably doesn't help that I have dark skin either.
The white pants I currently own are 511s.. I got em on sale for like 30 bucks a few months back

I saw a bunch of these at Nordstroms Rack for $119.00. They were recently featured in Dappered and on Sale at Nordstrom for $178 (now back to $248). I'm new to monks so i went single and this color seems like it would have alot of versatility. Anyway if somebody liked those but were scared off by the price you might be able to find them cheaper.

BTW- Cole Haan Air Madison single monk in British Tan

For full disclosure. It seems like NR has the version without Nike Air. It looks exactly like that picture but no Nike Air and the sole seems to be rubber it looks like the original retail is $190. I now am undecided but still a nice pair of monks but for the construction it might still be a bit overpriced.

haven't been in here in a while, usually don't buy stuff during spring and summer seasons. It's so boring in terms of fashion for me. Strictly t shirts and polos

Anyway, random fashion thought. double breasted jackets are really growing on me. I don't have a everyday type of suit yet, but once I get that I'm def going to get a double breasted one.

Last edited:
haven't been in here in a while, usually don't buy stuff during spring and summer seasons. It's so boring in terms of fashion for me. Strictly t shirts and polos

Anyway, random fashion thought. double breasted jackets are really growing on me. I don't have a everyday type of suit yet, but once I get that I'm def going to get a double breasted one.

I've been attracted to more and more double breasted suits recently too, man. It's just something about them that I can't articulate at the moment. Maybe it's just the way they look when tailored to my silhouette. Info on the ones that you posted? I haven't run into any OTR with a ticket pocket but I've been looking :nerd:

Im starting to get buyer's remorse after getting this on Monday (¬_¬)

thinkin' whether or not to return this...

What don't you like about it? I saw a similar version at Macys and it got me considering. Nice silhouette for spring/summer imo.

I've been attracted to more and more double breasted suits recently too, man. It's just something about them that I can't articulate at the moment. Maybe it's just the way they look when tailored to my silhouette. Info on the ones that you posted? I haven't run into any OTR with a ticket pocket but I've been looking :nerd:

It's this brand called HVRMINN

I'll probably get one (not that brand) in a couple years or so.

What don't you like about it? I saw a similar version at Macys and it got me considering. Nice silhouette for spring/summer imo.

I actually like the one you just posted from Macy's a bit more than the ones volim is thinking of returning...they have a much smaller profile and the white/off white base is smaller and I think it balances it better there

I actually like the one you just posted from Macy's a bit more than the ones volim is thinking of returning...they have a much smaller profile and the white/off white base is smaller and I think it balances it better there
I can't get past the stitching and perforation details...they're so obvious. 2nd of all, i wouldn't say it's painful, but it's discomforting when i walk in them. I hear the bergen takes a while to break in, so it's gonna take time for my feet to adjust, but still im iffy 'bout this. This is kinda an impulsive buy from me since it was on sale 30% off.

I'd say bring them back in that case. The broguing(sp?) is what sets it off for me.
Comfort is key though, plus If you're just looking for a slim low top shoe, those are a dime a dozen.

Last edited:
^100000000% true. :lol:
Black chinos, black shirt, then show some color with the socks or tie(if necessary).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom