Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Hey guys I need some opinions on accessories with a suit and tie. I figured this would be a good place to ask.

I like pocket squares, I like lapel flowers etc, and I like tie bars. But is it overkill to wear all these together? I've seen it done. Some have said either lapel rose or pocket square. I'm not entirely sure how I feel. Any opinions?

This is a far as I would take it. Yes it can be done, but the biggest complaint I have is the setting/occasion. Notice how small is items are. Which allows him to wear them together. The wider your lapel the less I think you should accessorize. The object is to use these items but not look like a clown. If they seem understated, PERFECT! Once you try to overembellish and swag out the items you're in trouble. Also for job interview less is more. But if you are going to a wedding or taking your girl out why not.

I was at my parents apartment over the weekend and I found one of my old suits from a few years ago back when I was in investment banking. I think it was the very first suit I bought before starting. It was this grey colored Lauren by Ralph Lauren Trim Fit. The arm holes were too high, sleeves we're a bit too long and needed to be tapered, and the jacket needed to be brought in.

I dropped the suit off at the tailor and got him to do all the work over the weekend. The suit came out looking FANTASTIC :lol:

I liked it so much, I wore it to work today and have been getting compliments on it lmfao.

If someone can help me figure how to take a full body picture of the suit, I'll gladly show you guys.

This is what I wore with my recently taiored Lauren by Ralph Lauren suit:

Shirt: Turnbull & Asser
Tie: Kent Wang

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, Adrian. I was thinking about getting one of those.

Anyone ever messed with one of this olloclip lenses for their iPhones? I travel often and I've realized that I haven't used an actual camera to take picture in a LONG time. I thought maybe I could buy one of these guys and it would be a great replacement. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I have a dinner party coming up... I want to do semi causal...

I brought these jeans and boots...

I was thinking either a cream Henley shirt with a black sport coat?

Maybe a distressed denim shirt?

A button up?

Any ideas will be great...

I miss you guys :frown:

Been surprisingly humid in SoCal, keeping it basic.

Trying to kill unnecessary expenditures until the munchkin arrives.

yoooooo   -

heading to Italy next month, I have been reading a little about their "Casual", and they are pretty smooth over there. Im not gonna change anything from how i dress now.. I am thinking

- Pair of wingtips

-2 pair of jeans

-1 polo

-3 button ups

Anyone have any input?

Planning on being there for 10 days - 

Last edited:
yoooooo   -

heading to Italy next month, I have been reading a little about their "Casual", and they are pretty smooth over there. Im not gonna change anything from how i dress now.. I am thinking

- Pair of wingtips
-2 pair of jeans
-1 polo
-3 button ups

Anyone have any input?

Been to Italy earlier this year and they are pretty casual out there.

Granted, I did go during the winter. I wore some shirts and sweaters and took with me jeans and chinos. I only took a fair share of boat shoes and some sneakers. You'll be walking all day--no need for shoes.

Last edited:
Ditch the wingtips for loafers and rock only for only dinners and other situations where you'd wanna dress up. I'd also snag an unstructured, cotton or linen blazer for this.

Sightseeing? Rock with some sort of sneakers like Hank had mentioned. Ya feet gonna be killing you in dem AE's mang.

If someone can help me figure how to take a full body picture of the suit, I'll gladly show you guys.

We told you multiple ways to take full body pictures when you proclaimed your incompetence in this matter over a month ago. We can't take the picture for you man. But if you really just can not figure this one out, you could always simply ask another person, "hey, do you mind taking a picture of me quick?".

With that said, I expect nothing but worthless pictures of shirt and tie combos, mentions of brand names, and empty promises of a fully body shot from you.

Last edited:
Look one. Neither of those jackets.

By sport coat, I thought you meant blazer. As it is a dinner party, I wouldn't think that a windbreaker would make much sense.

yoooooo   -

- Pair of wingtips
-2 pair of jeans
-1 polo
-3 button ups

Anyone have any input?

Linen everything

We told you multiple ways to take full body pictures when you proclaimed your incompetence in this matter over a month ago. We can't take the picture for you man. But if you really just can not figure this one out, you could always simply ask another person, "hey, do you mind taking a picture of me quick?".

With that said, I expect nothing but worthless pictures of shirt and tie combos, mentions of brand names, and empty promises of a fully body shot from you.

:lol: I don't know what to make of this.

I'm just saying if you wanted to post a full body fit pic then you would've by now. It's not rocket science. You keep saying you don't know how to take a picture of yourself, or you'd post. If you don't want to post a full body pic that's fine, no ones making you. But you make yourself look like an idiot when you repeatedly ask how to take a picture of yourself and we've given you answers, multiple times.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom