Fact or fiction: All Graphic Designers should own a Mac

Originally Posted by Yeezy St Laurent

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

You could install osx on a windows based laptop, too..

Considering you're in IT, you should already know that.....

I tried it like 8 times using VMware it just didnt work. I'd get to the actual instillation screen and it just wouldnt work. idk I may try again with an actual copy of OSX because I was using one from a torrent.
Tons of tutorials on how to make your own Hackintosh. I actually did that a few years ago on an old PC and imo it just doesn't compare to the real thing. Having to find workarounds isn't fun plus I appreciate Apple's hardware designs so I bought a MacBook and haven't looked back. 
And to answer your question, false. I think the myth stems from Apple having been used a lot in the desktop publishing world (back in the day) and carried over into graphic design. If you want to program iOS apps, you'll definitely need a Mac. I think you should start with your current setup, then get a Mac later.

yea, worst case if this PC craps out, or when it's time to get my next joint I was looking at Mac.

And the main reason I was leaning more towards the MBP combo than the  iMac is when I eventually go back to school, I'd need to be able to bring my joint to school for projects.

Fiction - Macs are better for web/graphic design

Fact - Macs color display/monitors are superior to any out of the box packaged PC.

You don't NEED a mac to be great at graphic design, its just the standard for the field. Just as Windows is the standard for the Gov't.

Fiction - Macs are better for web/graphic design

Fact - Macs color display/monitors are superior to any out of the box packaged PC.

You don't NEED a mac to be great at graphic design, its just the standard for the field. Just as Windows is the standard for the Gov't.

Also owning a mac will add to my a-hole image that I want to portray lol.

I assume repairing an iMac would be a pain though being that it's an all in one joint.

Also owning a mac will add to my a-hole image that I want to portray lol.

I assume repairing an iMac would be a pain though being that it's an all in one joint.

Back
Top Bottom