Honest Opinion On Yellowing?

I have yellowing (slight) on the cement 4s...goin to try some bar keepers friend...mint condition shoes unless u wrapping and displaying them in a museum is useless...especially for the prices we pay - #wearemproud

As we all know yellowing occurs on everything clear on Jordans, whats your honest opinion on this? Do you think it adds character? Is it ugly? I just wanna hear some opinions... 
it depends on the sneaker if the sole is icy and it turns yellow then i feel like the sneaker is straight trash. but if it was a pair of air jordan 1s that turned yellow then i wouldnt mind that vintage look

you can try your hardest to prevent them yellowing and all of those methods people claim works, but you can't. still gonna yellow no matter what.

Last edited:
I recently sprayed waterproofing stuff on my V's like I do with the rest of my J's.  Will that kind of moisture from the spray cause the netting to yellow earlier?  I didn't realise it until after the shoe dried.

Last edited:
it depends on the shoe. if its a pair of air jordna 1s then i wouldnt mind. but once a pair of foams get yellow i use them as beaters

Do you realize that you've already answered this question like twice on this page?
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Personally I don't like yellowing on any shoe, IMO it just makes it look dirty.  I know yellowing is inevitable, so that's why I take certain measures to slow it down.

Embrace it, man. The yellow, creases, overall wear and tear. Put away the cleaner, toe shields, etc. Enjoy them and then retire them. Re-cop. The next retro is always around the corner.

Its kinda like when dudes get gray hair lol

You dont want it at first but its inevitable.
After a while you get used to it.

I find myself wearing my beat Vs more just to separate myself from the current crowd.
Id rather people think ima average cat with good taste rather than a "sneakerhead"

I only do that wit vs tho.

But at the same time i always think icy royal foamz>>>>>>>>>>>>>>yellow royal foamz
All day.

It definitely adds character. I unds'd my 2011 Metallic 5's earlier this year and there's was a drizzle that day. Wore it three or four more times after that. The picture below is how they look now. I still will wear them, and I still like them.

View media item 521126

I don't like the yellowing but I feel jordans look better with a clear bottom than the icy blue so ill deal with the yellowing

Oxidized clear soles are Ugly as sin.
Blue clear soles are ok, depending what c\w is on the shoe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom