Honest Opinion On Yellowing?

I don't like yellowing at all but its not that bad on Jordan 5's & 6's on Jordan 11's its straight up ugly.It's tolerable to some the degree on Original pairs but on Retros I definitely want the translucent soles as clear & icy as possible.

I like the yellowing on my Space Jams. Distinguishes my real pair from the fakes I see people rocking.
So what happens when JB retros the Space Jam again in a year or two and they come out with icey blue soles (like all the other recent retros). Then what?

I don't like yellowing at all (i just screams at people, hey, i have old sneakers) and I don't even buy sneakers that I think will yellow . . . you'd think in this day and age and with all the money Jordan Brand / Nike makes they could come up with a plastic formula that prevents yellowing . . .

Last edited:
I don't like yellowing at all (i just screams at people, hey, i have old sneakers) and I don't even buy sneakers that I think will yellow . . . you'd think in this day and age and with all the money Jordan Brand / Nike makes they could come up with a plastic formula that prevents yellowing . . .
Sneakers that yellow are for the ballers who think a shoe retail price is pocket change.  They don't care about the short shelf life of freshness.

Last edited:
I don't understand it either. The only time I don't really like the icy blue is on a mainly black sneaker, those look better with clear soles.
Two things perpetuated the icy blue hate: 1.It seems JB uses nothing else for retros as of late. 2. GM Jams.

As crazy as that sounds it's true. I do remember a time when people talked of nothing but how great the icy blue tint was on the OG concords as opposed to the 2000 version. Man, how times have changed.

How is that correct? 

Don't understand the icy blue hate.

I don't understand it either. The only time I don't really like the icy blue is on a mainly black sneaker, those look better with clear soles.

The blue tint doesn't go well with all of they sneakers they put it on. Like the Metallic V's, I didn't like that. Rumor has it they're going to put it on all of next years 6's. That's not gonna be a good look.

it's too deep of a blue, idk when "icy" changed to meant a blue tint anyway, ice isn't at all blue

plus it screems new n*gga
If you wanna get scientific...  technically, ice is blue.

"While relatively small quantities of water appear to be colorless, water's tint becomes a deeper blue as the thickness of the observed sample increases. The blue hue of water is an intrinsic property and is caused by selective absorption and scattering of white light."

It's not just from the sky. 

The blue tint doesn't go well with all of they sneakers they put it on. Like the Metallic V's, I didn't like that. Rumor has it they're going to put it on all of next years 6's. That's not gonna be a good look.
It will be a good look on the September Blues.

I just feel the icy blue won't be a good look on some of the 6's dropping next year, like Carmines and Black Infrareds
sick.gif

Yellowing bothers me the least on VIs because the translucent sole is divided into two sections which isn't too bad. I don't mind it on XIs as much but the Vs get it the worst because of the netting but I would like to hear some preventive measures you guys take to yellowing

Yellowing bothers me the least on VIs because the translucent sole is divided into two sections which isn't too bad. I don't mind it on XIs as much but the Vs get it the worst because of the netting but I would like to hear some preventive measures you guys take to yellowing

never wear em in wet weather, keep em zip locked to minimize yellowing. if u wear them tho their gonna yellow inevitably just because of dirt

I always loved the look of a new sneaker and, to me, yellowing doesn't show a new sneaker. I love how the shoe originally looked when you first got them. Yellowing is something you really can't stop so there's really no point in hating it so much, however, I don't prefer it even if that's the case.

Back
Top Bottom