Honest Opinion On Yellowing?

but i will say, I had a couple yellow bottom. Blk 5's etc. They are still rockable. I heard there are some anti yellowing secrets

Last edited:
space jam yellowing, you can get a pass. But the yellowing looks terrible on the concords and cool grey 11s. my opinion

Just a question,

Over the years I've heard that the tissue paper that comes with the shoes can also accelerate the yellowing cuz of its acidic character or something? How true is this?

Just a question,

Over the years I've heard that the tissue paper that comes with the shoes can also accelerate the yellowing cuz of its acidic character or something? How true is this?
tissue paper wont cause yellowing have shoes wrapped in the tissue paper from years ago and they havnt yellowed

i know water will cause yellowing for sure if you wear your space jams in the rain they will eventually get yellowed

also i believe the shoe cleaners sold at foot locker, etc will cause yellowing because i have sneakers that are yellowed and that arent and the only difference was i cleaned those all the time with the shoe store spray cleaners i now use jason markk and have had no issues so far

Last edited:
I don't mind slight yellowing but it's kinda nasty once it gets dark pee yellow and almost orange-ish. I really hate when the heel tabs on 3's start to yellow though. That's why I don't own any white-based 3's :smh:

if you have style then yellowing or the vintage look looks better. but if the only fresh sh*t u got on is your sneakers then you can't do the vintage thing you shoes just look beat.

I love yellowed/slightly beat j's I wanna buy some 2000 concords soon that are yellowed but with a clean upper. I sold my 2011s cuz they were too damn bright. I wish the sole was yellow from my black toe 1s from this year guess I just gotta wear em out myself

Last edited:
tissue paper wont cause yellowing have shoes wrapped in the tissue paper from years ago and they havnt yellowed

i know water will cause yellowing for sure if you wear your space jams in the rain they will eventually get yellowed
also i believe the shoe cleaners sold at foot locker, etc will cause yellowing because i have sneakers that are yellowed and that arent and the only difference was i cleaned those all the time with the shoe store spray cleaners i now use jason markk and have had no issues so far

I've never heard of or seen the shoe cleaner from foot locker or where ever causing yellowing. I've used those cleaners plenty of times and never had an issue.

i dont care for it at all but it is inevitable. im more of a fresh or lightly worn shoe kind of guy.

to a certain extent it's okay.. once it's starts getting closer to brown, that's where i personally draw the line

moisture causes your shoes to yellow, there is moisture in the air so over time the shoes get yellow. direct exposure to water makes the process happen faster. Dudes used to store their shoes with silica packs to stop yellowing because they absorb moisture out of the air but over time they dry the midsole out which is why DS shoes from the 90s end up with crumbling midsoles.

I've never heard of or seen the shoe cleaner from foot locker or where ever causing yellowing. I've used those cleaners plenty of times and never had an issue.
all those chemicals are def not good to keep a shoe icy im just giving my personal experience

ive had shoes that yellowed a few years later while i got the same shoe thats still icy 5 years later only difference was i didnt clean it religiously with the footlocker cleaner

If its a new shoe, and it starts yellowing too fast, I hate it. But if it is a shoe that I have had for a while, well it doesn't really bother me. I wear my J's so i don't really care if they yellow...to a certain extent. I personally like the yellowing on my 06 fire red 5's. I've always kept them clean. No scuffs no stains no nothing, just yellowing. still wear em to this day

who ever don't like your yellowed shoes give em to me I'll gladly help you remove that burden from your life

Last edited:
Honest opinion on yellowing.. Terrible! Just like the jams posted above the shot of them new with the nice clear icy sole is the only way to rock IMO

It's gonna happen so there's no point in stressing over it. Just get yourself a nice new icey pair when they retro again.

I see it like this, if they sneaker isn't breaking or bent out of shape or looking unwearable, then I'm going to wear them. Yellowing doesn't bother me too much.

I love yellowed soles. If the shoe is well taken care of, the yellow soles is like a compliment. The only soles i dont like yellowing on is shoes that arent clear. Like blue soles dont turn yellow, they turn green :/. Yellowed air bubbles units are a plus too.View media item 529462

I like the yellowing on my Space Jams. Distinguishes my real pair from the fakes I see people rocking.

i really don't care at all about the yellowing. I got jean bleed on pairs too.
if they ain't for displaying, i welcome the look of use and age.

Back
Top Bottom