How do You Organize, Manage, and Present Your iTunes?

Originally Posted by Prada G

By the way, if your music isn't from the website with wooden panel background, you're wasting your time.
Wood? we off that
grin.gif

w9b3r.png

I need an invite also, been looking for one for a while now
nerd.gif

I have my iTunes the same as PradaG, clean and simple.

I need an invite also, been looking for one for a while now
nerd.gif

I have my iTunes the same as PradaG, clean and simple.

This *@+! is taking me a while lol I'm only finishing C!

I'm using MP3Tag and it's a lot of help though.

This *@+! is taking me a while lol I'm only finishing C!

I'm using MP3Tag and it's a lot of help though.

i'm more of an album guy.
i hate how itunes organizes albums strictly alphabetically so i put the year in front of every album title like '2011 - Pl3dge'

i hate how itunes organizes albums strictly alphabetically so i put the year in front of every album title like '2011 - Pl3dge'

For me all the artists have to be under one name. Can't be a Jay-Z and then another artist "Jay-Z feat. Kanye West".
And for a song with featured artists I have to always follow this format, Song (feat. Artist) 

For me all the artists have to be under one name. Can't be a Jay-Z and then another artist "Jay-Z feat. Kanye West".
And for a song with featured artists I have to always follow this format, Song (feat. Artist) 

Originally Posted by JTPlatnum

It's only strictly alphabetical if you have it organized by Album Name.
If you want your albums organized by year, just add it to your sort field by right clicking and checking "year"

tedrjr03 wrote:
HAM CITY wrote:

I also got Essentials playlist inspired by the old ones we used to do in the music forum. All time greats only, strictly capped at 20 tracks. 

Can i see some of these essential playlist. All my playlist end up sucking or sounding the same. 

I just got the ones we did years ago like 'Kast, Nas, Cube, etc plus Max, Mobb Deep, Mob Figaz, and Pac. 

Originally Posted by JTPlatnum

It's only strictly alphabetical if you have it organized by Album Name.
If you want your albums organized by year, just add it to your sort field by right clicking and checking "year"

tedrjr03 wrote:
HAM CITY wrote:

I also got Essentials playlist inspired by the old ones we used to do in the music forum. All time greats only, strictly capped at 20 tracks. 

Can i see some of these essential playlist. All my playlist end up sucking or sounding the same. 

I just got the ones we did years ago like 'Kast, Nas, Cube, etc plus Max, Mobb Deep, Mob Figaz, and Pac. 

15zpn44.png

Nothing more, nothing less.
it's clean but this doens't work in every instance. sticking to this formula consistently would yield poblems in the case of double/triple albums, albums with multiple artists and organization by headings other than artist or album, just off the top of my head. iTunes is very finicky with it's metadata and the more detailed your organization is, the easier it is to keep track, especially in the case of large libraries. 

15zpn44.png

Nothing more, nothing less.
it's clean but this doens't work in every instance. sticking to this formula consistently would yield poblems in the case of double/triple albums, albums with multiple artists and organization by headings other than artist or album, just off the top of my head. iTunes is very finicky with it's metadata and the more detailed your organization is, the easier it is to keep track, especially in the case of large libraries. 

Back
Top Bottom