How do You Organize, Manage, and Present Your iTunes?

I never got into rating songs for some reason... If I don't like songs on an album or mixtape I'll just delete them.

thegoat, how did you get your iTunes in black? I remember reading something about changing the directory or some crap like that, but I don't know if I'm trying to do that.

tommykairaa, I like your taste in music, man. I have a lot of those albums. CunninLynguists
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thegoat, how did you get your iTunes in black? I remember reading something about changing the directory or some crap like that, but I don't know if I'm trying to do that.

tommykairaa, I like your taste in music, man. I have a lot of those albums. CunninLynguists
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

I never got into rating songs for some reason... If I don't like songs on an album or mixtape I'll just delete them.
me too. All the music i own is good, otherwise i wouldn't have it...no point in rating when i like it all the same. 

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

me too. All the music i own is good, otherwise i wouldn't have it...no point in rating when i like it all the same. 

Originally Posted by APH

http://killaaaron.deviantart.com/art/Silent-Night-iTunes-10-180692961
just chose your operating system and make sure you have the corresponding version of iTunes. This covers 10.2.2. It's as simple as replacing two files and restarting the program...takes like 2 seconds

Originally Posted by APH

just chose your operating system and make sure you have the corresponding version of iTunes. This covers 10.2.2. It's as simple as replacing two files and restarting the program...takes like 2 seconds

im meticulous with everything except album artwork.. all artists albums and songs are tagged right. library is only about 11k songs deep nowadays but i've been cleaning it out since i'm running out of space on my laptop.

im meticulous with everything except album artwork.. all artists albums and songs are tagged right. library is only about 11k songs deep nowadays but i've been cleaning it out since i'm running out of space on my laptop.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by APH

I just installed it. Piece of cake. Thanks a lot, sir. It's appreciated.
pimp.gif

I usually listen to music late at night in my dark asss room and I'm sick of getting blinded by the bright screen. This definitely helps.

Originally Posted by APH

pimp.gif

I usually listen to music late at night in my dark asss room and I'm sick of getting blinded by the bright screen. This definitely helps.

Originally Posted by APH

Originally Posted by APH

pimp.gif

Props on this link. about to try it out!

Originally Posted by APH

Originally Posted by APH

pimp.gif

Props on this link. about to try it out!

Yeah i'm ridiculously meticulous with my library as well. I don't use playlists at all, but every single album is tagged with every piece of metadata possible. I really wish there was another option besides iTunes to sync with iPods because i hate the way iTunes is so finicky with organization. The more data you add to a song/album the more likely it is to fall out of place...some people may know what i mean...like when you batch an album and you have a few outliers just because of how it was uploaded? When you get up to 30K/40K songs those get mad annoying. Even singles are tagged by full album. If it's an LP i keep it organized as A/B sides (basically separate albums). 
Featured artists go in the song title, but every feature has to be labeled as "(ft. ___)." If there is more than one feature, i use &s instead of the word "and." featured artists go in parentheses but if its a remix or something, the word Remix goes in brackets. Except "I" and in the case of short titles, indefinite articles are always lowercase in titles. I've gone through my entire library multiple times to ensure consistency. 
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif
853157e596ab25e1e6f076e431e417ee8471782.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

This is exactly how I do mine. Everything has to be perfect 
laugh.gif

I'm at 22940 songs and 151.20 GB.

I also use www.albumartexchange.com/ to get high quality album artwork. Kills me when my brother puts new albums in and I have to go and change the album artwork and info to make it consistent.
mad.gif

Yeah i'm ridiculously meticulous with my library as well. I don't use playlists at all, but every single album is tagged with every piece of metadata possible. I really wish there was another option besides iTunes to sync with iPods because i hate the way iTunes is so finicky with organization. The more data you add to a song/album the more likely it is to fall out of place...some people may know what i mean...like when you batch an album and you have a few outliers just because of how it was uploaded? When you get up to 30K/40K songs those get mad annoying. Even singles are tagged by full album. If it's an LP i keep it organized as A/B sides (basically separate albums). 
Featured artists go in the song title, but every feature has to be labeled as "(ft. ___)." If there is more than one feature, i use &s instead of the word "and." featured artists go in parentheses but if its a remix or something, the word Remix goes in brackets. Except "I" and in the case of short titles, indefinite articles are always lowercase in titles. I've gone through my entire library multiple times to ensure consistency. 
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif
853157e596ab25e1e6f076e431e417ee8471782.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

This is exactly how I do mine. Everything has to be perfect 
laugh.gif

I'm at 22940 songs and 151.20 GB.

I also use www.albumartexchange.com/ to get high quality album artwork. Kills me when my brother puts new albums in and I have to go and change the album artwork and info to make it consistent.
mad.gif

Studio albums only, no mixtapes.

All albums are in two forms, v0 and flac.

I erase all the song info. Only info filled out is.

song name + artist name (no feat, ft, f, etc) + album name + track number + album artwork (via iTunes)

I don't waste my time filling out all that unnecessary crap. Keep it simple.

By the way, if your music isn't from the website with wooden panel background, you're wasting your time.

When it comes to music, I don't mess with the scene.

Studio albums only, no mixtapes.

All albums are in two forms, v0 and flac.

I erase all the song info. Only info filled out is.

song name + artist name (no feat, ft, f, etc) + album name + track number + album artwork (via iTunes)

I don't waste my time filling out all that unnecessary crap. Keep it simple.

By the way, if your music isn't from the website with wooden panel background, you're wasting your time.

When it comes to music, I don't mess with the scene.

Is there a free program that can do all the album art work for me?

Is there a free program that can do all the album art work for me?

Back
Top Bottom